Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Can you imagine us becoming involved in a game of chicken with villa's board and rodger's agent. 

of course if we negotiate a severance deal then, as an example,  it would have a guaranteed amount (say six months wages) and then we'd pay his monthly wage until he got a new job (with a limit of a further 12/18 months). 

if villa were to come in and ask about his availability then we could pay pretty much nothing and potentially get a compensation fee - but no way would his agent allow that to happen at the moment.  but if villa are in a hurry then our board may decide to stick it out and play that game of chicken.  i think the stakes are so high that they would consider it worth it for a month or so.  

i hope any targets we have to replace dont go cool in the interim ......

If villa were genuinely interested and our board wanted to sack him we would just wave the compensation fee and allow villa to hold talks with him saving us paying him off 

26 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Just reminiscing back to October last year in this thread where I posted:

Got a bit of abuse for that back then...  I was far from the only person saying such things, but the majority were still behind him back then.  Can't believe he survived the closed season though.

Would love to find my posts from back then too 

55 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Apologies if posted before.  But very apposite read.  

https://readceltic.com/2022/08/22/has-karma-finally-caught-up-with-brendan-rodgers/

It's interesting how Rodgers being egotistical and self preserving is seen as fiction that is created in the minds of those that dont like him by many on here, yet it's also a popular opinion amongst many Celtic and Liverpool fans. I think it's definitely something that the fans subtlety pick up on over his tenure.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He probably simply got bored with playing in backwards and sideways and just wanted a change. There's a chance it was a contender as a nearest to being a shot on target 🤣.

Evans has been round the block and played under Ferguson, he will know how poor Rodgers really is, he must be so frustrated at times. 

Is that the best you can come up with? Some of our players lack composure when the pressure is applied,  we invite pressure on ourselves by panicking at times when there is no need,  that isn't a manager issue it's a player issue.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Would love to find my posts from back then too 

I can confirm that you have been consistent and honest for a while on this, probably longer than most, and taken a fair battering for it along the way.

I checked Brendan's odds on Saturday night for the NEXT PREM MANAGER TO LEAVE and they were around 4/1 or 5/1. There were others like Lampard and Den Haag who were shorter, which is ridiculous really as they are both recent appointments who are likely to get longer.

A few minutes ago Brendan was heavy odds on to be the first to leave.   So there's been a barrel load of money for him to go in the last 24 hours and/or the oddsmakers have heard something from "sources".      If the odds go from 66% to anything around 80% it will almost be guaranteed he's leaving.  

Step in Mike Stowell...:unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Is that the best you can come up with? Some of our players lack composure when the pressure is applied,  we invite pressure on ourselves by panicking at times when there is no need,  that isn't a manager issue it's a player issue.

If you hadn't noticed, when Rodgers plays his '5' at the back with his 'controlling' the game passing mantra, side to side and backwards, they get pressed, put themselves under pressure and inevitably give the ball away or get it taken off them. 

My Evans comment in any case was meant a little bit tongue in cheek, at least the first part was anyway. 

46 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is it. This is what frustrates the hell out of me about him. We are so weak at the basics, we might as well not show up some times. Its not all injuries, all the time. Its organisation, determination and professionalism in our approach which leads to us losing/drawing when we really shouldnt. 

It's a shame as well, as you'd think that stuff is the basics and the easiest part to get right. I think he's just stuck with tunnel vision which ultimately will prevent him from having any sustained success anywhere.

It's no coincidence that we're dropping so many points. Opposition managers are consistently able to make small adjustments to the teams playing style to counteract whatever our players are doing and gain the upper hand. Rodgers response tends to be changing personnel and shape, but the mentality and tactical philosophy remains the same. Even when we shifted to a 5 at the back against Liverpool and Man City we play an incredibly dangerous game of trying to pass out against 2 of the best pressing teams in the game.

1 hour ago, 18to18 said:

In your scenario, he accepts a buyout for 10 and cancels the contract?

...the contract will automatically be cancelled with the £10m agreement between the two parties!!!

Once they agree the other 2 years then become null and void. It is not about paying 3 years of salary, a mutually agreed amount nullifies paying all the 3 years @ £10m per year.

When Moyes left Man. United he took a £5m severance, at that was only 10 months into his contract.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

You appear to believe football is played by eleven distantly separated players who have complete freedom to do what suits them when they get on the field.

They panic because their training and instinct is competing with the awareness that, however well they start, they're likely to flounder as soon as Rodgers decides to pull the carpet from under the team by one of his unfathomable substitutions. The football system doesn't encourage freethinking and creative play - you do the job you're paid to do by the club and told to do by the manager.

Leadership is a double-edged sword - to work it needs good leaders. Rodgers ain't a good tactician or strategist and the team is lacking conviction and morale because of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If you hadn't noticed, when Rodgers plays his '5' at the back with his 'controlling' the game passing mantra, side to side and backwards, they get pressed, put themselves under pressure and inevitably give the ball away or get it taken off them. 

My Evans comment in any case was meant a little bit tongue in cheek, at least the first part was anyway. 

Then it's upto the players to find space as an outlet. Again not his fault. Look at throw ins,  the movement is appalling a lot of the time. Players stand there expecting others to loose their marker to recieve the ball. Again,  basics that Premier league footballers don't need to be coached on. 

Just now, BKLFox said:

Also typical Foxestalk in that take a snippet of an answer to engineer a narrative.

He was asked how the players were coping with all the speculation around this window of which there has been a lot and after speaking with the players he says it is proving to be a challenge and he can’t ignore it.

In the paragraph you pick where is he blaming anyone, where is he talking shite?

You don’t think all the speculation doesn’t create doubt, rock the boat etc etc?

There is nothing there I read where he is blaming the club for a lack of funds or trying to relinquish blame, just foxestalk trying to stoke a fire that’s not there as per.

He's done it with Liverpool and Celtic as documented.  But you think it's different here. OK. Your call. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

He probably simply got bored with playing in backwards and sideways and just wanted a change. There's a chance it was a contender as a nearest to being a shot on target 🤣.

Evans has been round the block and played under Ferguson, he will know how poor Rodgers really is, he must be so frustrated at times. 

Speaking of Evans, he mentioned that being made captain was the "Happiest he'd been in a long time" - am I reading too far into this or does that hint at being jaded/disillusioned (e.g. with how lacklustre Rodgers' defensive and set piece coaching has been)?

Edited by lfu

2 minutes ago, lfu said:

Speaking of Evans, he mentioned that being made captain was the "Happiest he'd been in a long time" - am I reading too far into this or does that hint at being jaded/disillusioned (e.g. with how lacklustre Rodgers' defensive and set piece coaching has been)?

Yes, probably.