Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No.  It's relevant. Whataboutery means changing the subject. It's pertinent because he did the same there.  It's what he does.  Refuse to accept responsibility and throw others under the bus.  HTH.  

So history decides rather than informs the future? There is no road apart from that previously trodden?

Speaking of Evans, he mentioned that being made captain was the "Happiest he'd been in a long time" - am I looking too far into this or does that hint at being jaded/disillusioned (e.g. with how lacklustre Rodgers' defensive and set piece coaching has been)?

I'm pretty good at reading stuff into stuff and getting it wrong, so I feel qualified to answer that.

Yes, you're looking too far into it. ;)

Edited by taupe
add quote
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

The transfer window is always a difficult period and in the main it’s normally been very good for this club. This summer has been a challenge, there is absolutely no doubt about that. It creates doubt, raises questions around stability and also around the ambition of the team going forward.”

Where’s that quote from? 

8 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

Rumours circulating then that he has been sacked, or about to be

groundhog evening ….

6 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Quite possible his odds are 8/13 which is a big fall, I think he's gone

If anything those odds are longer than this morning 

One thing that is telling, no itk is using this as an easy ‘it’s not true’ a la Jordan Blackwell and the club sale shit we’ve seen this afternoon. Usually any knobhead journo would be clutching at things to report on, yet not a single word on this…

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So history decides rather than informs the future? There is no road apart from that previously trodden?

No.  It's just that it's his modus operandi and he's clearly doing it here as his recent comments show.  One off behaviours are different but the pattern is repeating itself. 

The guy needs to coach and motivate what he has, which is a squad of talented players instead of whingeing about transfers in a way that blames all but himself,  whilst carefully neglecting his desire to have the likes of Vestergaard and Bertrand. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No.  It's just that it's his modus operandi and he's clearly doing it here as his recent comments show.  One off behaviours are different but the pattern is repeating itself. 

The guy needs to coach and motivate what he has, which is a squad of talented players instead of whingeing about transfers in a way that blames all but himself,  whilst carefully neglecting his desire to have the likes of Vestergaard and Bertrand. 

The point is that we do not know, we do not know what he had been told, been promised in terms of transfers, etc, but we are assuming the worst, there is zero critical thinking

Personally I agree it’s time for him to go, but the degree and frequency of lambasting displays very closed minds - quite concerning really

Maybe I am just taking all too seriously but…..

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

The point is that we do not know, we do not know what he had been told, been promised in terms of transfers, etc, but we are assuming the worst, there is zero critical thinking

Personally I agree it’s time for him to go, but the degree and frequency of lambasting displays very closed minds - quite concerning really

Maybe I am just taking all too seriously but…..

My mind is very open I hope. But not open to ignoring what I'm reading and seeing from him. The guy has form too elsewhere. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

Sooner have Duck Dodgers as Manager than who still is our Manager at present. Brendan please pack your bags and not just the ones you'll need for Stockport County, if you're still here by that time.

You joined yesterday to say that? Russian bot.