Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

29 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No.  It's just that it's his modus operandi and he's clearly doing it here as his recent comments show.  One off behaviours are different but the pattern is repeating itself. 

The guy needs to coach and motivate what he has, which is a squad of talented players instead of whingeing about transfers in a way that blames all but himself,  whilst carefully neglecting his desire to have the likes of Vestergaard and Bertrand. 

Again I don’t see read or hear where he has called anyone out about the transfer situation and added I don’t know who’s to blame but it’s not me!

Is he not to answer about transfer speculation, maybe he should just call the interviewer an ostrich and be done with it

3 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Too many people saying he should go without putting forward viable replacements. Not names like Graham Potter, why would he leave Brighton to come here? Realistic names, I haven’t got any so I’m keeping quiet. 

At this stage anybody half decent could steady the ship and correct Brendans obvious mistakes, especially in the short term. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Too many people saying he should go without putting forward viable replacements. Not names like Graham Potter, why would he leave Brighton to come here? Realistic names, I haven’t got any so I’m keeping quiet. 

Marco Rose... 

5 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Matthias Jaissle

Marco Rose

I’ve seen a few people through ideas in

8 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

There’s a whole thread dedicated to that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Hahaha, if we're happy dying a slow death and getting progressively worse because we're scared of the next appointment then we might as well give up.

8 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

I don't think you need to have drafted up a list of potential candidates to want him gone. It should be well within the capabilities of the club and its employees to find a replacement who can have a more positive impact upon the squad, even if only in the short term, than Rodgers currently is.

35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The point is that we do not know, we do not know what he had been told, been promised in terms of transfers, etc, but we are assuming the worst, there is zero critical thinking

Personally I agree it’s time for him to go, but the degree and frequency of lambasting displays very closed minds - quite concerning really

Maybe I am just taking all too seriously but…..

We should all just deal in facts and what we see, here and now, with a degree of how was it leading up to where we are now, a talented team not performing to the standards expected in all aspects, a lack of motivation from certain players, hampered by a manager making bizarre decisions ie 1 sub on one of the hottest days of the year, and making what some percieve to be I'll judged comments ie lack of experience, he should either get on with what he is paid to do with passion or go if the passion is no longer there for him, as he hasn't got what he wanted regardless of whether it's right or wrong, I cannot see any improvement going forward it appears he has gone as far as he can.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

You don’t want to do that, Dyche, Poch will be mentioned again….

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Do we want someone with zero Prem experience?

Why does it matter? Well over half the teams in the league have managers who had no experience of managing a PL side before their current job. Last season 2 of the 3 sides that went down went down with a manager with PL experience and the 3rd was managed by one for 85% of the season.

2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I checked Brendan's odds on Saturday night for the NEXT PREM MANAGER TO LEAVE and they were around 4/1 or 5/1. There were others like Lampard and Den Haag who were shorter, which is ridiculous really as they are both recent appointments who are likely to get longer.

A few minutes ago Brendan was heavy odds on to be the first to leave.   So there's been a barrel load of money for him to go in the last 24 hours and/or the oddsmakers have heard something from "sources".      If the odds go from 66% to anything around 80% it will almost be guaranteed he's leaving.  

Step in Mike Stowell...:unsure:

....sorry to disappoint you, but the comment from Bert and FoxesTalk posters rushing to get the best price at a bookmaker has influenced the prices!!!

You obviously were not part of that, as no one wanted to go to bed, in case the rumour proved to be correct.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

You joined yesterday to say that? Russian bot.

I am very much not Russian or a bot. Live about 2 miles away from the King Power. Also, can't people join a forum and make comments when a new season has started and the team/manager are crap?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

There has been absolutely tons of good suggestions, but not a chance is trying to poach the manager of Brighton too ambitious for us. I don't think we'd get him until the end of the season if we tried, but he'd be at least interested in the possibility, as would most of the managers suggested. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on it being someone unemployed with Premier League experience. We will try for Pochettino, but will settle for Dyche I reckon. 

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Yes. They are better options than those with prem experience. 

'Premier League experience' means fvck all. In terms of managers and players.

Few examples off the top of my head

Rafa Benitez - no PL experience, won the CL with Liverpool

Wenger - no PL experience, serial winner with Arsenal

Mourinho - no PL experience, revolutionised Chelsea

Mancini - no PL experience, won the league with City

Could list hundreds of players that had no PL experience but did very well. Several Leicester players that we've signed from abroad also had no PL experience but went on to do extremely well - Kante, Mahrez to name a couple!