Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm not happy with the performances and not picking Nacho seems increasingly inexplicable but if any manager deserves the opportunity to put things right it's Brendan. Mad and also quite sad that so many are desperate for him to be sacked.

He has the opportunity every time we play.  He has had loads of opportunities to change this for the better.

On 23/09/2021 at 10:09, Ric Flair said:

Here's some advice for fans who hate Rodgers. Write down all the things that irritate you about Rodgers. Then...

...fold the list into as small a square as possible and insert it up the anus.

• Like 1

Rodgers has got a tough decision about what competition to play Evans in. It’s likely he’ll only play one full game a week at most so that will tell us his priority. When Evans plays, we’ll be far more settled. 

Confidence is key, and those sides that are feeling good overperform things like xG. Good illustration of Brighton this season so far. 

Our form reminds me of Liverpool last season where defensive injuries meant they weren’t getting the results initially that their performances deserve. Once they tightened up in defence, the confidence spread through the team again. 

A real positive is our performances are improving, but we need to tighten up defensively to get the most value from them. 

What I will say is sometimes I personally think Brendan fails to pick players in good form to satisfy his ego, and be overly complicated with his tactics. 

For most of last season we had limited players available due to injury, so had to play a certain way and it tended to get results, now we have more players fit, and we’re playing some of the worst football I’ve seen us play in some time. 

What separates the good coaches from the best is the best know when to pick their preferred 11 and when to pick their best 11. 

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone else hear how instead of offering Dyche up for a glass of wine, Rodgers gave him a £25 Wickes voucher? Now that is classic and fair play. 

Why did he do that? Is there something I'm not getting about Dyche and Wickes? 

9 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Went to the Stadium of Light today as I’ve been on a golf trip to Northumberland. 32,000 in to watch an edgy 1-0 win against Bolton. No booing, little negativity.

We may be struggling at the moment, but if you boo us, you really have lost the plot  totally. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

It is quite simply stupid.

I mean it's not like we've finished in the top 5 in back to back seasons, won our first FA cup and brought in some potential world class talent in the last year. So our fans are totally justified for booing after 3 defeats 2 draws and 4 wins before the end of September...

• Like 2

Needs to swallow his pride once again and take some of the problems put of our current game. Look to go for a slightly more direct way of playing whilst we build confidence and composure again at the back, get Ndidi as a sitting midfielder just breaking up play and getting it out to another player simply and whatever it takes GET KELECHI IHEANACHO IN THE STARTING XI.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, shen said:

I mean it's not like we've finished in the top 5 in back to back seasons, won our first FA cup and brought in some potential world class talent in the last year. So our fans are totally justified for booing after 3 defeats 2 draws and 4 wins before the end of September...

Think performances since Christmas gone 2020? Not that I'd boo personally and wouldn't condone it either. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Needs to swallow his pride once again and take some of the problems put of our current game. Look to go for a slightly more direct way of playing whilst we build confidence and composure again at the back, get Ndidi as a sitting midfielder just breaking up play and getting it out to another player simply and whatever it takes GET KELECHI IHEANACHO IN THE STARTING XI.

We played, well enough und created enough to win this game...und against Brighton

Where do we go if Nacho aint "your answer".....

Rodgers Chose an attacking side...the Front 6 werent the Major problem, other than Not Clinical enough...Even Nacho...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think performances since Christmas gone 2020? Not that I'd boo personally and wouldn't condone it either. 

See that is one of my main issues - people focusing on the negatives or setting expectations too high. We had no right to perform as well as we did in the period prior to lockdown, with all the injuries we had. Instead, some expect that this is the benchmark and average performance. 

It just isn't for this club!

If any fanbase should have a firm grasp of taking the good with the bad, it really should be us.

It is unreal that some are jumping on the back of players and coaching staff at this stage after our very recent achievements.

It smacks of fickleness and arrogance. This doesn't suit this club, which has a very different DNA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When Rodgers first took over, our team was the following:

Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans      Maguire    Chilwell

Tielemans   Ndidi

Gray                Maddison            Barnes

Vardy

2 1/2 years later, has our starting 11 improved ? I actually think our last few transfer windows have been baffling…..sell Chilwell and we replaced him with a right back who can half do a job at left back, and then ending up with an average free transfer this window. The right winger position should of been number 1 priority, not a central midfielder where we already had 5. I just think we haven’t  properly addressed issues to the squad and 1 or 2 positions have been replaced with mediocrity, and all of a sudden you end up with dross like Bertrand and Vestergaard in your starting 11

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

When Rodgers first took over, our team was the following:

Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans      Maguire    Chilwell

Tielemans   Ndidi

Gray                Maddison            Barnes

Vardy

2 1/2 years later, has our starting 11 improved ? I actually think our last few transfer windows have been baffling…..sell Chilwell and we replaced him with a right back who can half do a job at left back, and then ending up with an average free transfer this window. The right winger position should of been number 1 priority, not a central midfielder where we already had 5. I just think we haven’t  properly addressed issues to the squad and 1 or 2 positions have been replaced with mediocrity, and all of a sudden you end up with dross like Bertrand and Vestergaard in your starting 11

Yes, our first XI and our squad have improved, simply by virtue of greater depth and several of those players getting better with experience.

This smacks of a reactionary emotions to a slightly disappointing result. Soumaré was a perfectly sensible signing as we have been desperately short in quality with Ndidi out as well as being over-reliant on Tielemans playing every minute. Mendy, Choudhury, KDH, Praet or Maddison are just not of that quality in the center.

Bertrand is a great cheap acquisition given the injury of Justin and Thomas' laxk of experience. 

Vestergaard has had a poor start, but all centerback pairings without Evans have tended to struggle.

Daka and Lookman are excellent captures, so I really am not sure you can call our transfers average.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a poor start. Even with injuries, our squad are better than our results. He’ll have until Jan to fix it, I’d guess.

Fofana and Justin are not just any injuries, they are key players who were certain starters, both playing in defense. With Evans also recovering, Pereira still finding his feet after his injury and two new players bedding it, it really shouldn't be a surprise that our defense had been shit.

And while the start is disappointing by our recent standards, it's not at all disastrous. I see us getting stronger as our defense continues it's recovery. Vardy and Kel are in form, which means we're always in with a chance in games.