Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Not only Rodgers,the modern managers life..

why every individual must keep gnawing this bone…is well silly

So you are suggesting that Rodgers, and modern managers, are divorced from the player acquisition process. 

In that case the bloke is an even bigger **** for whining in the press about it. That's not his remit. Why is he whinging. Its nothing to do with him. 

Except it is, isn't it? It's part and parcel of managing - building a team of players who you are capable of managing. The fact that managers at the top level are vocal about players is because they're involved in the recruitment process. Just like Rodgers. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lfu said:

Speaking of Evans, he mentioned that being made captain was the "Happiest he'd been in a long time" - am I reading too far into this or does that hint at being jaded/disillusioned (e.g. with how lacklustre Rodgers' defensive and set piece coaching has been)?

What else would you have expected him to say? I'm sure it is an honour to be made captain in fairness but comments to the media don't always truely represent a happy clappy set up or the truth. We should all recognise that surely?

21 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Again I don’t see read or hear where he has called anyone out about the transfer situation and added I don’t know who’s to blame but it’s not me!

Is he not to answer about transfer speculation, maybe he should just call the interviewer an ostrich and be done with it

That's not entirely true, it was apparently Maureen the Tea Lady who was at fault this week.

From what I heard one of the player's he had been speaking to over the summer was no other than CR7. Apparently the player had some doubts but being keen on taking a first step into management Rodgers sold him the dream and told him he'd take him under his wing, teach him the ropes, and before long would turn that 'C' into a 'B'. At this point Cristiano is feeling the vibe, so Brendan suggests that they get down to business over a cup of tea and calls Maureen into the room. 

First of all she pours out the tea, all is going well... then she's pulls out the Waitrose Chocolate Digestives. This is where it all starts to go wrong. Unbeknownst to the club Cristiano is more of a Chocolate Hobnob man. Immediately sensing the tension in the room Brendan pulls a wad of cash out of his Armani jeans and instructs Kolo to head over to Morrisons and pick up a packet of Hobnob's. 

When Kolo arrives at the supermarket panic sets in as he quickly realises they've sold out. Thinking on his feet he quickly pulls out his phone and dials the first person on speed dial who happens to be his old mate Lee. Good old Conger's tells him not to worry, there's a Lidl just down the road on Uppterton Road, that's where he bought the biscuits from when Ayoze signed and it worked a treat! 

Taking Lee's advice Kolo heads straight to Lidl and to his relief there they are, mission accomplished. 

Heading back to the KP Kolo hurries into the office and in his haste forgets to unwrap the biscuits. Cristiano immediately spots the wrapper and noticing the biscuits are Lidl own brand turns to Brendan and gives him a look of disgust before storming out of the building. 

Days later rumours are circulating that LCFC are facing financial difficulties and Brendan's blaming it all on Maureen and the Lidl biscuits :mellow:

56 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Exactly what I'd expect a bot to say 🧐

Welcome Igor.  You can't be any worse than Bert.  

Leicester born and bred mate. The parade after the Prem win was mental as was seeing Kasabian when they were still great was an added bonus.

3 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

Leicester born and bred mate. The parade after the Prem win was mental as was seeing Kasabian when they were still great was an added bonus.

I'm just being puerile me duck.  For the avoidance of doubt I don't think you're a bot or Russian.

1 hour ago, East Langton Fox said:

Too many people saying he should go without putting forward viable replacements. Not names like Graham Potter, why would he leave Brighton to come here? Realistic names, I haven’t got any so I’m keeping quiet. 

Strange way of thinking imo,  i personally didn't have another woman in mind when l got a divorce but l knew fecking all too well l didn't wanna be with the present one!

And hey presto NOTHING is worse and lots of things are way better!

Moral of this story?  DIVORCE THIS CHARLATAN NOW!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, S1ddo71 said:

I am very much not Russian or a bot. Live about 2 miles away from the King Power. Also, can't people join a forum and make comments when a new season has started and the team/manager are crap?

Welcome to FT Vlad 🙁

or should l say - Добро пожаловать в FT Vlad.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Does anyone believe any new signings would've made a huge difference? 

The first three games have followed the same pattern of the last year. Yes, we'd have had more intrigue but the issues are deeper set than adding a couple of players.

Not really, unless we were bringing in some real class which is highly unlikely they would have had maybe a little introduction from the bench just as last year's signings did over the first couple of games.