Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Cracking, so Top and the Board are the real problem then, just willing to watch us slide into oblivion. Joyous.

They are not sacking him, not giving money for new players and neither selling crap ones

So either way they are doing terrible job right now 

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Who would you take at Swansea? Who’s a reasonable signing from Liverpool? We did well for Leicester City Football club by not buying players like Liverpool’s overpriced Minamino. 

I don't think Minamino was particularly good over here but I also wouldn't exactly call him overpriced. Swansea I'd happily take Piroe and Cabango 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Seeing us second from bottom 😥

really feels sick......even the prompted are above us.

Really getting a bad vibes now

Having had a fixture list that the majority of sides will take probably 6, at a minimum 4 from. Really is beyond appalling. But it's been coming as well - performances have been a disgrace for a good year at least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Having had a fixture list that the majority of sides will take probably 6, at a minimum 4 from. Really is beyond appalling. But it's been coming as well - performances have been a disgrace for a good year at least.

Longer than that. The other 6 months were just looked over because of the cup run 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Then it's upto the players to find space as an outlet. Again not his fault. Look at throw ins,  the movement is appalling a lot of the time. Players stand there expecting others to loose their marker to recieve the ball. Again,  basics that Premier league footballers don't need to be coached on. 

It's almost impossible for a throw-in to result in a positive move forward for the team taking it. Markers are tight on every potential attempt to be slipped. It's time the rules on throw-ins were changed to favour the team who've won them. 

You're picking at straws in your attempt to exonerate Rodgers from failing to create a squad with the creativity to adapt to each game that comes up. 

He's relied on the abilities of players who were here already, and were looking forward to a Puel-free environment where they believed they would be given the freedom to play the type of football the whole country admired. His new manager bubble is now well-and-truly burst now. 

In your scenario, where you're stating that players should be virtually self-regulating, what does a manager of Rodger's ilk bring to the team?

His job is to create a team which functions 'seamlessly'; which integrates all the players and subs into a coherent whole and to create a match plan which neutralises the opposition throughout the course of the game. The ancillary responsibility is to ensure that recruits are capable of supplementing the team's potential. Only Fofana has really met that requirement - and that's turned into a débâcle - where he can see that playing under Rodgers is a dead end. It's immensely fortunate for City that KDH was waiting in the wings - Rodgers was gifted that.

You're intent on finding fault with individuals. So be it. Many on here would point the finger at the manager's ineptness as the prime reason for their underperforming. The reality is more complex, involving significant extraneous factors. But, as far as I'm concerned, after three + years of diminishing returns from BR, it's time he gave the club the refresh he 'promised' - by taking the high road.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

18 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Longer than that. The other 6 months were just looked over because of the cup run 

Spot on :appl:So tired of hearing that we are being ridiculous for wanting our manager to be sacked after three games. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CalH said:

Not possible, the future of our football club is at stake :cry:

Immediate future sure, but longer term it really isn’t. We have hard plenty of seemingly dark times previously yet we still got here.

Have faith

If we lose the next 3 PL games, I think he is in trouble.   

if Rodgers had any long term vision, he’d realise next season is actually the big rebuild and the chance for him to build a side.

This season he needs to get the most of out a pretty talented squad. We could play a much more high tempo game or switch to a counter attacking game. - signings or no signings where we are right now is a fail for BR

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

56 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I’m astounded he has lasted this long, it’s been obvious to a lot if us that he was done here ages ago. 

I’m also amazed that some people are still saying he’ll turn it around, he hasn’t a clue what to do. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CalH said:

Not possible, the future of our football club is at stake :cry:

All this chat about the future of our club being at stake is utter shite. 

We've been in far worse positions. 

I get people want Rodgers out and I do as well, but there's a distinct level of hyperbole going on when comments like that are made. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All this chat about the future of our club being at stake is utter shite. 

We've been in far worse positions. 

I get people want Rodgers out and I do as well, but there's a distinct level of hyperbole going on when comments like that are made. 

Defintely we had a poorer squad in 17/18 and started the season with lost 4, draw 3 and won 1 game in the first 8.

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

”I suppose I've created an atmosphere where I'm a friend first and a boss second.Probably an entertainer third."

Imagine listening to his rhetoric for 3 years, I'm not surprised the players can't stand him

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’m astounded he has lasted this long, it’s been obvious to a lot if us that he was done here ages ago. 

thing is i honestly believe Top and the board think Brendan is a Pep/Klopp standard elite manager, he aint hes far from it how he goes on about young players and he looks for talent but signs Bertrand,vesty and perez. sad thing is he aint going anywhere anytime soon i think its going to take alot for him to be sacked and then the ridiculous contract we put him on! so now hes pretty much impossible to sack because its going to cost so much to get rid of him and i guarantee they dont want to pay him off! 

4 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

thing is i honestly believe Top and the board think Brendan is a Pep/Klopp standard elite manager, he aint hes far from it how he goes on about young players and he looks for talent but signs Bertrand,vesty and perez. sad thing is he aint going anywhere anytime soon i think its going to take alot for him to be sacked and then the ridiculous contract we put him on! so now hes pretty much impossible to sack because its going to cost so much to get rid of him and i guarantee they dont want to pay him off! 

So it’s Top’s fault?

Just now, Thebluefox85 said:

when did i say that? said Top and the board hold him in high regard so they are not going to just sack him

Was joshing, but it does imply that the only people who can sack him won’t, and it’s therefore his fault that Brendan won’t be sacked. Maybe I misunderstood?