Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a poor start. Even with injuries, our squad are better than our results. He’ll have until Jan to fix it, I’d guess.

Really? So you’re suggesting that he could go in Jan. I hope this is sarcasm and I’ve missed it due to lack is sleep. 

I wasn’t at the game, but booing….wow. People really live in a different bubble. How is that going to help any situation when we’re chasing for the win. I know, let’s dent our players confidence and boo, that’ll get them motivated especially as they come on. Said the same while there was mindless booing at Kel when he came on a few seasons ago. Now look at him, a season without fans and he was our top scorer! 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Really? So you’re suggesting that he could go in Jan. I hope this is sarcasm and I’ve missed it due to lack is sleep. 

I wasn’t at the game, but booing….wow. People really live in a different bubble. 

People want a game changing Maddison .

His head and his hip arent right.  Difficult to u understand why ridgers is persisting with him when we need points.  This isn't a preseason 

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a poor start. Even with injuries, our squad are better than our results. He’ll have until Jan to fix it, I’d guess.

Our 2 wins have been absolute scabs as well, vs two abysmal teams this season. It's deeply perturbed, there's more questions than answers. 

I was adamant we had to return to 4-2-3-1 and I still think 4 at the back is our only option with the defence we have but he's got to play Iheanacho and Vardy. If he's not prepared to play 4-4-1-1 then try the diamond.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our 2 wins have been absolute scabs as well, vs two abysmal teams this season. It's deeply perturbed, there's more questions than answers. 

I was adamant we had to return to 4-2-3-1 and I still think 4 at the back is our only option with the defence we have but he's got to play Iheanacho and Vardy. If he's not prepared to play 4-4-1-1 then try the diamond.

4411 for me. Nacho behind vardy. Barnes and lookman wide... ndidi youri or soumare in middle.

I dont think we can get a run of games out of jonny.  So we will have to get behind cags and vesti.  Nb. I have no objection to big dan.... his form b4 vesti arrived was better than vesti is now.

Edited by foxinsocks

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm sure in January if we are languishing 12th and playing cautious boring football, you'd still be banging on about patience and perspective and reminding us that we played Cheltenham 14 years ago or something. I'm pro BR but I understand people's gripes and frustrations with him. 

Me too.  I dont think we could get better. I would however like him to call me about team selection and also at half time.

8 hours ago, escape2victory said:

When Rodgers first took over, our team was the following:

Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans      Maguire    Chilwell

Tielemans   Ndidi

Gray                Maddison            Barnes

Vardy

2 1/2 years later, has our starting 11 improved ? I actually think our last few transfer windows have been baffling…..sell Chilwell and we replaced him with a right back who can half do a job at left back, and then ending up with an average free transfer this window. The right winger position should of been number 1 priority, not a central midfielder where we already had 5. I just think we haven’t  properly addressed issues to the squad and 1 or 2 positions have been replaced with mediocrity, and all of a sudden you end up with dross like Bertrand and Vestergaard in your starting 11

We've regressed under Brendan. Everyone talks up our "recruitment" but the last 2 or 3 windows have been poor in terms of quality signings. All of the half decent players we signed were under Puel. The early signs are there that we're heading for the deep shit if things don't change soon. 

Edited by Master Fox

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Master Fox said:

We've regressed under Brendan. Everyone talks up our "recruitment" but the last 2 or 3 windows have been poor in terms of quality signings. All of the half decent players we signed were under Puel. All the early signs are there that we're heading for the deep shit if things don't change soon. 

'Regressed'

How does 2 of our best ever finishes and an FA cup win equal regression.

The entitlement amongst our fans is frightening.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

'Regressed'

How does 2 of our best ever finishes and an FA cup win equal regression.

The entitlement amongst our fans is frightening.

Scary innit

fwiw, he wasn’t happy with the booing and threw his water bottle down 

whether that reflects him wanting to protect madders or that the fans didn’t like his decision to take off lookman (who could have been in the ‘red zone’), we don’t know.  I guess his record means he isn’t used to receiving much displeasure from home fans ……… I blame FIFA and football manager ! 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Scary innit

fwiw, he wasn’t happy with the booing and threw his water bottle down 

whether that reflects him wanting to protect madders or that the fans didn’t like his decision to take off lookman (who could have been in the ‘red zone’), we don’t know.  I guess his record means he isn’t used to receiving much displeasure from home fans ……… I blame FIFA and football manager ! 

Wow, i've only ever seen him do that when we've played exciting, attacking, forward, positive football on odd occasions.

He kicks it when he gets really angry though.

Edited by Matt

10 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Went to the Stadium of Light today as I’ve been on a golf trip to Northumberland. 32,000 in to watch an edgy 1-0 win against Bolton. No booing, little negativity.

We may be struggling at the moment, but if you boo us, you really have lost the plot  totally. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

It is quite simply stupid.

I suggest you take a look at Sunderland till I die on Netflix to get a gist of what that lot are really like before you hold them up to be a patient bunch 

39 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

We've regressed under Brendan. Everyone talks up our "recruitment" but the last 2 or 3 windows have been poor in terms of quality signings. All of the half decent players we signed were under Puel. The early signs are there that we're heading for the deep shit if things don't change soon. 

Possibly my assessment was a bit harsh as Fofana and Justin would improve the 11, but I always thought the best way to improve squad quality and depth was to improve the starting 11 by buying better than what you have. Adding squad players like Bertrand and Vestergaard to bulk up the squad is all well and good until you have an injury or 2 and actually have to play them and realise they are muck ! 

I'm wondering if there is something he could do to make us more defensively resilient until Wes is back and/or the next window. It seems he's continuing his long term game plan when we really don't have the defense to play it.  To anyone's eye, we are vulnerable at the back.

I dunno, maybe our DMs shouldn't have as much licence to roam. Just thinking out loud. Cags and Veste seems isolated on occasions, fullbacks having pushed on and DMs upfield. Even in possession, there seems sometimes no pass on for them - hence the square balls across the back.

I don't know what realistic options he has other than to carry on and just hope we don't ship too many goals in the meantime. Maybe it is as it is; we're not in a good place at the moment (defensively) and we just have to weather the storm and take what we can get.

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

Fofana is an exceptional signing. Castagne very good. This summers crop of Daka and Soumare is too early to say. Lookman looks very shrewd. Thr problem for us is as well as succession planning with the likes of Soumare and Daka its often that we also need to improve in other positions in the starting XI too which is difficult.

Bertrand and Vestergaard aren't good though, they are pure Rodgers signings as well.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana is an exceptional signing. Castagne very good. This summers crop of Daka and Soumare is too early to say. Lookman looks very shrewd. Thr problem for us is as well as succession planning with the likes of Soumare and Daka its often that we also need to improve in other positions in the starting XI too which is difficult.

Bertrand and Vestergaard aren't good though, they are pure Rodgers signings as well.

I think judging our recruitment on the latter two is harsh, we clearly needed defensive cover, especially when Little Wes got murdered by that Spanish twat. But I don’t think we had the funds available to bring in the level of quality we needed, without selling off a major asset. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

I wasn’t at the game, but booing….wow. People really live in a different bubble. How is that going to help any situation when we’re chasing for the win. I know, let’s dent our players confidence and boo, that’ll get them motivated especially as they come on. Said the same while there was mindless booing at Kel when he came on a few seasons ago. Now look at him, a season without fans and he was our top scorer! 

I didn’t boo. I like him. He’s our second most successful manager ever. I hope he turns it around. But if we continue this form we’ll have champions league players scraping around mid table.

Perspective is needed but I don't like that to some Brendan is beyond criticism. He's got obvious flaws and for me he takes too long to address them. On the flipside he's had us finish 5th twice (albeit both times dropping out of the top 4) and a lovely FA Cup win which I never wanna see discredited. 

The football is largely dire though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shen said:

Fofana and Justin are not just any injuries, they are key players who were certain starters, both playing in defense. With Evans also recovering, Pereira still finding his feet after his injury and two new players bedding it, it really shouldn't be a surprise that our defense had been shit.

And while the start is disappointing by our recent standards, it's not at all disastrous. I see us getting stronger as our defense continues it's recovery. Vardy and Kel are in form, which means we're always in with a chance in games.

There have been some awful injuries. And Maddison’s poor form has not helped. But I can’t help but think even without those injuries we’ve got a good squad who have a quality first team. Our first team, even with the injuries, have been better then all but two of our opponents this season. I am not blaming the players. So who else do I blame? I’ve defended Rodgers throughout his time here but I can’t say if we continue losing to teams with worse players that I will continue defending him. I’ll be happier than anyone if we win our next match and look to turn the corner. But it’s currently not looking great.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I get that people want the club to keep improving but saying we've regressed is just fvcking idiotic. 

We’ve improved massively under Rodgers. We now have a trophy-winning team that even with injuries should be pushing for Champions League football. The fact we currently look nowhere near that level is the problem for me.

I agree we have improved since Brendan's appointment but half plateaued of late and this after the addition of new blood.

We should be building on two 5th place finishes but instead it looks highly unlikely we'll reach a top half spot which will be very disappointing.

Is it dodgy start - yes. But look at Man City last season. They were inconsistent for a month or two, then they found their rhythm and bosh, won it. Just keep with it. We’ve been spoilt with FA cup, charity shield wins and so close to top 4 the last two season. Before you boo, just think it could be worse…we could be Florest or Sheeps!! They have reason to boo!

stick with it, I think once it clicks, we’ll start getting those wins. Brighton, we were unlucky with decisions and we gave Man City a game. 

have faith and stop the booing. 

• Like 2