Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No he has not.....the net spend on his time here is pretty much the same as the last four managers.

£80m for Maguire and £50m for Chilwell shoud enable you to buy 3-4 really good players. He's spent £30m on Perez!

Edited by StevieLynex

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

£80m for Maguire and £50m for Chilwell shoud enable you to buy 3-4 really good players. He's spent £30m on Perez!

🙄

45 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Tielemans was already there when BR came in. Jury is still out on Castagne. BR has had the most amount of any LCFC Manager to spend - has he invested it wisely? He also inherited a side that had Ndidi, Schmeichel and Vardy, the latter one of the best strikers in the Premier League. Could he have done better in the past couple of seasons when a few of the so-called 'big teams' have been in disarray? Right time, wrong man? A Man Utd fan on one of their forum's wants BR as their next Manager - yes please

Wrong man? How can that be so when we're in Europe for the second consecutive season and won an FA Cup for the first time ever with him there? 

Jury still out on Castagne? I'm not sure. He's a good acquisition and versatile and fits in well in the team. 

You've still ignored some other good signings he's made... 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Maddison doesn't. 

He's come off the bench against Burnley and Napoli, didn't play against Millwall... 

He has been as has Pérez. It's a general statement from the horrible trend that started last season. Not acceptable even remotely. Rodgers is too stubborn. If you put a gun to his head he would not start kelechi. Too intransigent. And I'm 100% brendan in but it's his biggest flaw 

Guest StevieLynex
7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Nah. Jury are back out and the verdict is Castagne is a brilliant player. 

What has Gordon Durie got to do with this

11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Rodgers is no doubt a top class manager, but he will make strange decisions over the course season which prevent him from being an elite manager like Guardiola or Klopp. 

Plus having nowhere near the squad level and resources.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Rodgers is no doubt a top class manager, but he will make strange decisions over the course season which prevent him from being an elite manager like Guardiola or Klopp. 

I think his stubbornness is actually very similar to Guardiola’s. Pep makes some real baffling decisions at times too. 

50 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think his stubbornness is actually very similar to Guardiola’s. Pep makes some real baffling decisions at times too. 

Says someone from the comfort of their front room without any knowledge of fitness history or statistical match data of ‘x’ player

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You class the last 2, 3 windows as poor ? Really ?

We’ve signed in those last 2, 3 windows

Tielemans

Justin

Perez

Fofana

Castagne

Praet

Two could be classed as underwhelming. However, Tielemans, Justin, Fofana and Castagne surely haven’t been poor ?

Two early to judge this window. I see Vestegaard being a flop. Bertrand will turn out to be a good squad player. Which leaves Daka and Soumare but I think we’ll know more about them in the next 18 months then now.

....are you sure these signings could be classed as in the last 2-3 windows!!!

1. Last window was this summer.

2. Previous window would have been January 

3. The window prior to that would have been last summer.

Guest StevieLynex
49 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

That doesn't mean we needed his other clone in defence though :P 

We got it wrong, we ended up with a clown instead of a clone

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....are you sure these signings could be classed as in the last 2-3 windows!!!

1. Last window was this summer.

2. Previous window would have been January 

3. The window prior to that would have been last summer.

Ok, clever clogs. Last summer we signed Fofana and Castagne (under on loan). Last Jan we signed no one if I remember right. This summer we’ve signed the current lot which are still too early to correctly judge. Sort of proves my point better that most of Signings made in Rodgers time have been a success (2/3). Was just really surprised that someone wouldn’t think that our recruitment has been pretty decent for a long time. 

Brendan needs to sort out defensive woes we can’t count on Evans for Every game, Souyuncu at times can be a rabbit in the headlights at times he needs a general like Evans by his side each time he plays to calm him down and unfortunately Vestergaard just isn’t that general & Evans is unable to play every minute ?

We have to manage with what we have at  our disposal until January so does Brendan stick with what we have or completely rock the boat and completely shake up defence?

Bertram also is a disappointing player lately showed a couple of great performances but that’s just not enough do we look more stronger with Thomas rather than Bertrm?

Ricardo is another wonderful player that’s just been underperforming too is he still under par not fully match fit do we replace him with Castagne or stick with him ?

All we know is we need to do something about our woeful Jekyl & Hyde performances when we all had really high hopes for this season with the quality of the Summer signings that some just haven’t had chance to shine, sort it out Brendan time to put the Fearless back into Leicester City getting back our FNQ attitude Time to sort this out !

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Says someone from the comfort of their front room without any knowledge of fitness history or statistical match data of ‘x’ player

Wasn’t meant at a dig at either. People at the top of their profession aren’t perfect and they have a different way of viewing things than me and you. Sometimes it’s their alternate view which comes good but other times it isn’t (see Pep’s refusal to play a DM at CL Final)

We might be overthinking it. Graham “do I not like that” Taylor said systems/formations don’t win football matches: it’s players that do. 

Perhaps if he tore up his notes and got back to picking players in form, letting players enjoy the game and play by instinct we’d be alright 

• Like 1