Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Would happily accept relegation to see us get rid of him.This would give us the chance to rebuild and return stronger and better structured financially after next summer.

Parachute payments should help us retain

The core players and more academy lads could be blooded..

We could also enjoy watching some exciting games rather than the Turgid

stagnant dross each week.

Also some different grounds to visit and a chance for new fans to sample the atmosphere.Bring it on!

We go down with this squad and mentality, we'll be down there for years. Bloated squad, best players (bar maybe KDH, who I hope to see captain this club) will go, likes of Vardy and Albrighton will be finished. Potentially an FFP bombshell on the horizon if we can't sort out the wage bill while signing off on the ground expansion.

It kind of stinks of that turning point under Tater Peeler at the minute. I was only half joking when I asked the other day if Newport have checked Teletext for a new striker recently. :whistle:

C'mon lads, please turn it around, the doom and gloom is starting to get to me. lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Would happily accept relegation to see us get rid of him.This would give us the chance to rebuild and return stronger and better structured financially after next summer.

Also some different grounds to visit and a chance for new fans to sample the atmosphere.Bring it on!

Sorry it's a no from me...

I genuinely see your point, and appreciate how you could feel that way, but I quite like the Premier League and see staying in it our No 1 objective before all else.

The club can't afford to go down and IMO I dont see us keeping him if we stay in the bottom 3 for an extended period, and start seeing the gap to 17th widening too much.. The outcome of the next 2 or 3 games will be very interesting. But realistically 1 point from 5 games could be our fate by the end of month and possibly a 4 to 6 point gap opening up. Hopefully Top will see this is unacceptable and act before it its too late. It saddens me to say it, but if we get a REAL tonking tomorrow (thats the sad part) we may get the brilliant news Rodgers is given the chop. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Is that how it has work for Norwich? 

50 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

the parachute payments are assigned to McQuarrie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Can we now afford to pay him off?

We can anyway. His money is already accounted for. Don’t know why people can’t grasp this. 

• Thanks 3

We are not Norwich.

We are a big club now ,going through a rough time due to  wreckless recruitment and bad overall management.

We are wealthy enough to strip to the bone and reset the model.

When we got promoted last time we were champions within 2 seasons.

We need to get rid of Rogers one way or another. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Well that’s a level of insanity which should surprise me, but strangely it doesn’t. Anyway. WOW. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

:blink:

Just no. It took us 12 years to get back last time.

There is nothing in the world that I could wish less than going back down to the absolute bunfight that is the Championship. It's a horrible league with also-rans and never-will-be's. Seriously, watch the "highlights" for 20 mins this week. We need a reset but not THAT reset.

• Like 3

What kind of fan are you? That you want us to fail? 

How can you be that miserable?! Do you even go to games, or out anywhere for that matterlol 

• Thanks 1

Welegation would be a disaster but I would happily accept a defeat to Newport in the league cup to seal the exit of Bwendan .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can we afford to sack him now?

Susan: Good morning Brendan. So we have £70 million coming in from the Fofana transfer, so finally we're in a position t....

Brendan: ...finally, you're going to give me some money to buy players.

Susan looks at Top

Susan: Errr.....not quite, Brendan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

If, as we are likely to do, get new signings in this will be his last chance. Fail to get results and there's definitely no excuses.

Why are we likely to get new signings? All we’re doing is freeing up Fofana’s wage for FFP purposes. How I understand it, we could sell him for £200m and we still wouldn’t be able to sign anyone?

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

If, as we are likely to do, get new signings in this will be his last chance. Fail to get results and there's definitely no excuses.

We should be past this point.

We've just raised money from selling Fofana, are we really going to allow him to put us in trouble again?

A parting gift from him? Please don't.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Corky said:

We are well past that point 

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I remember a statistic going around that we had the worst expected goals in the league's history before Fofana came back. Combined with the fact Vardy is not scoring at the other end we could be in huge trouble.

Found it. Although its not the worst in history. Only the worst since they started keeping records. Now we have lost Schmeichel and Fofana we are ****ed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1