Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Why are we likely to get new signings? All we’re doing is freeing up Fofana’s wage for FFP purposes. How I understand it, we could sell him for £200m and we still wouldn’t be able to sign anyone?

I doubt we're selling Fofana and Perez and not replacing them.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Found it. Although its not the worst in history. Only the worst since they started keeping records. Now we have lost Schmeichel and Fofana we are ****ed.

Which is something I’ve banged on about for a long time… and be roundly hammered on here for doing so. 
Well there’s the evidence.

11 hours ago, Sampson said:

With regards to Perez, he’s been a decent player for us overall, we just massively overpaid for him.

I agree that causes people to go over the top against him and make out he’s crap when he’s obviously not. I reckon that if he’d cost about £5mil I think he’d probably be well liked by supporters in general.

I think the point with Perez is that when he had a poor game - regularly -  Rodgers never dropped him or even seemed to see what was blindingly obvious,  supporters accept poor form but expect others to be given a chance even if that means - gulp -  changing the system. 

Perez until recently was a regular despite  his almost constant underwhelming performances and this gets him disliked because he is thrust into the unforgiving spotlight time after time - IOW given multiple chances to confirm he is totally out of his depth - by an inept manager wearing blinkers.

Rodgers cannot accept that what has failed ten times is unlikely to succeed on the eleventh occasion -  his ego simply wont allow it!

This is why it is everyone elses fault but his.

Rodgers cant see the problem with the team for the same reason you cant see the Empire state building when standing on top of the Empire state building!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

I doubt we're selling Fofana and Perez and not replacing them.

In terms of our 'issues' I don't see any positives or problems solved by getting rid of Fofana or to an extent Perez.

Obviously Fofana was being a petulant little child who we had no choice but to allow him to leave but it doesn't solve any issues that we have, we still have the hanger on'ers who are the ones we really need to shift to allow space in our squad and who are stealing a living - All Fofana leaving does is promote one of them up the pecking order and arguably means we 'can't afford' to lose them.

Bare in mind Vestergaard being a signing to fill for Fofana due to his injury, albeit a panic buy who clearly wouldn't fit with Brendan's way or 'philosophy'. Now Fofana's gone all together...Soyuncu's been frozen out and doesn't want to be here either (Who can blame him?)...where does that leave us.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Col city fan said:

Which is something I’ve banged on about for a long time… and be roundly hammered on here for doing so. 
Well there’s the evidence.

Unless we see 2019 Soyuncu come back we have a relegation level defence and the attack is nothing special atm as well. If we don't get 2 decent center backs in this window. I will actually put some money on us going down this year. We probably won't but its worth the punt.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Unless we see 2019 Soyuncu come back we have a relegation level defence and the attack is nothing special atm as well. If we don't get 2 decent center backs in this window. I will actually put some money on us going down this year. We probably won't but its worth the punt.

I put 10 on us being relegated when we were 17/1

If we do, it’ll cushion the blow 

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

If the fee doesn't matter why did we hold out for this deal?

Because one day we’ll be able to spend our money again?

Like I say, I don’t know. But from how I understand it, the only thing we’re gaining short term in the transfer window is the freeing up of Fofana’s wages. 

We’d have probably been in more of a better position FFP/Financially wise in selling Vestergaard and Bertrand for a combined £20m than we are selling one man for £80m, because it would free up £160k a week wages rather than £80k

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

I would bet now at those odds for sure, I bet they have tumbled now though.

7’s

Just now, TeaMen Tom said:

I think whether there's a relegation fight will be determined by how quickly senior management realizes that Brendan is the problem.

If we are in relegation area after game 8 then rodgers goes 

the board have form (Claudio and shakey) 

and with the World Cup in early November, a new coach has a ‘pre season’ with most of the squad if appointed before the World Cup break  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Why are we likely to get new signings? All we’re doing is freeing up Fofana’s wage for FFP purposes. How I understand it, we could sell him for £200m and we still wouldn’t be able to sign anyone?

No, it’s all to do with how much money we can lose. Selling Fofana will free up wage space but will also give us more breathing space with what we can spend. The club roughly know what they’re going to lose. From the Fofana sale we would only have around £30m available to spend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

What kind of fan are you? That you want us to fail? 

How can you be that miserable?! Do you even go to games, or out anywhere for that matterlol 

I'm a long term season ticket holder unfortunately. This insanity is what Brendans brand of bulls..t and boring 

Football has drove me to.Its getting harder to drag myself down there. 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Like I say, I don’t know. But from how I understand it, the only thing we’re gaining short term in the transfer window is the freeing up of Fofana’s wages. 

We’d have probably been in more of a better position FFP/Financially wise in selling Vestergaard and Bertrand for a combined £20m than we are selling one man for £80m, because it would free up £160k a week wages rather than £80k

If ayo does go then we will now be approx 330k/week better off than a month ago 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Fofana’s 5 year contract is worth more than what remains on Bertrand & Vestergaards put together, in the long run anyway. Especially when you also take into account that Fofana is the only one we’ll get a fee for. Contracts are already accounted for in losses, this is why clubs know what kind of money they have to work with. 

FFP is over a 3 year period i think which is why for example Chelsea are able to go nuts this summer, because they’ve not been able to spend for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Of course I would. And so should every other fan. Sign a player for £30/40m and sell for £70/80m is excellent work. If that money is spent with the same level of intelligence, the club continue to grow. 

We are not a model that can be based on Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man C.

We are however a team that can learn a lot from Dortmund, Leipzig, Atalanta and Villarreal. 

Dortmund sold Haaland for Ffs. Have you seen their window - slowly progressing forward. I’m sure selling Fofana won’t destroy this club.

it’s the boards job to keep us moving forward. If that means selling Fofana or Selling Tielemans last year, bloody do it. One sale and three (good) coming in works/worked for us. However we seem to have done away with that model and spent money on actual rubbish. 

*disclaimer: Brendan Rodgers should not get any money, ever again at this club.

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

Correct answer, unfortunately I think most seem to disagree by the comments I see on here and I'm not sure Rodgers was keen on selling his assets either. I believe we've tried to keep the team together to match his supposed ambitions and we've been bitten on the arse by it.

Not opinions I would have agreed with a year ago, but with hindsight you’re  both right.

Edited by Spiritwalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

Not opinions I would have agreed with a year ago, but with hindsight you’re  both right.

On the face of it nobody wants to lose a player. But when you have lots of players who will attract other clubs, you just punt the problem down the line and make more of a problem for yourself. 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

...can't agree with you on that, with Perez  going out the door and Fofana on his way to Chelsea, we do have the opportunity to bring players in!!!

Apparently 50% is to be set aside to offset the current FFP situation and the rest to be made available for transfers. I have no source where this agreement was made but it has been posted to this forum, seemingly without contradiction. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Fofana’s 5 year contract is worth more than what remains on Bertrand & Vestergaards put together, in the long run anyway. Especially when you also take into account that Fofana is the only one we’ll get a fee for. Contracts are already accounted for in losses, this is why clubs know what kind of money they have to work with. 

FFP is over a 3 year period i think which is why for example Chelsea are able to go nuts this summer, because they’ve not been able to spend for a while. 

They spent £100m on lukaku last summer