Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, sm1 said:

To go with the Corenden Cup we've already won. Personally everything else is a bonus now 😁.

I’m hoping we get to the semi final of theTiddlywinks cup

Guest nathan.
8 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Why would Potter leave Brighton and come to Leicester ?

Bigger club.

Better players.

More money.

I'm still in my reappraisal phase, maybe for another 4 or 5 matches, but I do think he actually deserves a bit of credit today for trying something different and getting the players to respond. We showed much more fight today and looked hungry for a point. 

• Haha 1

His time is most definitely done here. 

Struggling to think of any positives that would work in his favour, and equally he struggled to galvanise and motivate the squad any more. 

I can only suspect its the finances in getting rid of him that prevent the owners from getting rid. 

Perhaps Fofana money pays towards it and a better manager can work with what we have, in as much as breathing life into the team again and giving them confidence. 

1 minute ago, taupe said:

I'm still in my reappraisal phase, maybe for another 4 or 5 matches, but I do think he actually deserves a bit of credit today for trying something different and getting the players to respond. We showed much more fight today and looked hungry for a point. 

... Against 10 men... 

2 minutes ago, taupe said:

Pass the doobie bro!

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, Babylon said:

All three entirely debatable.

Really?

What have Brighton done in the last decade?

5 minutes ago, Flappit said:

... Against 10 men... 

Yes, against 10 men.

We are where we are with the players that we have, with the manager that we have. I wanted to acknowledge that Rodgers tried to address the situation, try something new, with the players at his disposal. Hopefully he learnt something from it. I personally saw a much improved performance. That encourages me.

Or I could just shut up shop and declare everything to be shit. 

Edit: maybe I ought mention that before deciding to have a reappraisal phase, I was Rodgers out. I'm still broadly of that view but I want to see if can stop chucking blame around and deal with the situation as it is.

Edited by taupe

Just now, nathan. said:

Really?

What have Brighton done in the last decade?

Was one of the points “who has won more?”. We’ve won more than Spurs and aren’t even remotely close to their size.

They get crowds comparable to us, have a rich owner and currently sit above us in the table. We’ve got a squad with most leaving or wanting out soon. 

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Potter wouldn’t leave Brighton and two of those three factors are debatable but how is Brighton potentially a bigger club?

How are we that much bigger when ground capacity isn’t far off each other. 

37 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Do you think the players look at this forum to find out what we make of the manager?

Nah. Bring back James Wesolowski, we know he did (just open on his laptop in the photo for one of those play features in a matchday programme)

1 minute ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Past History, potential fan base, the fact we’ve played European football and won heck of a lot more trophies than them.

He may also want something better than us? I doubt we'd be the only option.