Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Last season was disastrous for us and we finished above the mighty Brighton.  Anybody who says we don't have better players and aren't a bigger club isn't a serious person. We just have an incompetent manager.

Not everyone is saying that though. They're saying, at this exact point, that the Brighton gig isnt worth leaving to go to us. There's a difference.

14 minutes ago, nnfox said:

This will be the media portrayal of the situation.  Boyd went so far as to say Rodgers had been treated badly by the club ffs! Yes, so badly that he's one of the best paid managers in the game despite putting out teams for double digit months now bereft of ideas, attacking intent and failing to fulfill the potential of the squad.

Boyd is about as bright as an eclipse, best ignored.

• Haha 1

Potter or whoever would only come here if the contract and promises of spending matched their expectations. Absolute piffle about being a ‘bigger club’ is wholly irrelevant - and in the case of Brighton, almost complete bołłocks.

Given that the window will have slammed shut, what’s the draw for a manager?

For me, it can only come down to a commitment to carry out a full restructure of the squad and develop a playing identity based on attacking and attractive football. Which is decidedly what Top should be offering to a new manager. Rodgers has dropped he ball, we have regressed, it’s a Pearson Mk.II situation.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You've framed this in such a skewered way to suit your point man. Do you think Potter, with a settled squad he's shaped and seemingly looks to be on an upward trajectory - looks at a club that it appears can't buy anyone, two of its best players want to bugger off, and is bloated with absolute shite - and is going "banging, no brainer." Brighton at the moment are a much surer thing to a big gig than we are because he'd have to spend the best part of two seasons cleaning up a mess.

I agree we have a good squad but as it stands we look as if we're losing two very very good footballers with a week left of the window open. He'd be mad to switch.

Of course I have :D

Hes pretty much at his ceiling with them at the minute. If he's willing to come in and do the work, hes gotna season to decide who fancies it and then he's got a summer to essentially shape a squad he wants. Its a very decent opportunity and we offer a higher ceiling, of that I have no doubt.

It wouldn't take a great deal to get the current team looking good.

He might even dip into the very talented pool of youths in the u23s and get them integrated into the squad. Especially the attacking players.

If he's looking to the long term, we're a very decent option. If he's basing it as a snap decision right now without considering the opportunity available over the next 12 months, then I'd agree itd be a mad move.

Just now, SecretPro said:

If he doesn't go tonight then I suspect he won't go at all. Top et al are having a fooking mare here. 

The pay out is the elephant in the room. Whelan will need to check the savings account in the morning.

20 minutes ago, nnfox said:

This will be the media portrayal of the situation.  Boyd went so far as to say Rodgers had been treated badly by the club ffs! Yes, so badly that he's one of the best paid managers in the game despite putting out teams for double digit months now bereft of ideas, attacking intent and failing to fulfill the potential of the squad.

Rodgers has been indulged until this summer. Pundits are clueless.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Of course I have :D

Hes pretty much at his ceiling with them at the minute. If he's willing to come in and do the work, hes gotna season to decide who fancies it and then he's got a summer to essentially shape a squad he wants. Its a very decent opportunity and we offer a higher ceiling, of that I have no doubt.

It wouldn't take a great deal to get the current team looking good.

He might even dip into the very talented pool of youths in the u23s and get them integrated into the squad. Especially the attacking players.

If he's looking to the long term, we're a very decent option. If he's basing it as a snap decision right now without considering the opportunity available over the next 12 months, then I'd agree itd be a mad move.

But where's the evidence to say he's at his ceiling there, bar your opinion? They're clearly improving under him.

Just now, gurru991 said:

The pay out is the elephant in the room. Whelan will need to check the savings account in the morning.

At this stage, **** the payout. They are going to have to suck it up. It will cost us far more getting relegated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

But where's the evidence to say he's at his ceiling there, bar your opinion? They're clearly improving under him.

Of course they are, hes an impressive flexible manager 

Unfortunately the lack of quality available means that they can rarely keep a consistent run going 

I think our spending on wages is about 80-90% higher than Brightons.

Thats a pretty decent start isnt it?

2 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Surely it's a matter of principle right now. 3rd highest paid manager in the league and he's under performing so much. 

It's not like he hasn't had time either. 

This is it for me right here. £10m a season and we have one ****ing point after four games. Two of them at home to Brentford and Southampton. 

Absolute disaster. We couldn't even score against Stockport FFS!!!

Even the biggest Brendan excusers have gone missing. Surely there can be no one left who wants him to stay now. Get in the bin!!

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Can't see him going until just before we break up for the World Cup tbh. Will give the new man a month to assess and then the January window will be around the corner.

Has there even been murmurings that his job could be on the line?

If there isn't there bloody well should be.:dunno: