Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

Since the start of last season his win % in the PL is 33%. 

At Celtic he couldn't really fail could he?  He left because they didn't give him money to spend and that pissed him off. He went from Liverpool because he had money but ran out of ideas and proved to be the emperor's new clothes. 

I was a staunch supporter of BR until we lost to Southampton and watching that game I realised he has actually no clue. No motivational methods, no ability to generate any enthusiasm from the players or the fans. He looks disinterested. And that permeates through the team.

Sadly, I feel he's done here. I was excited by his appointment and yes, he's achieved great things, but the steam has finally run out and we're coasting along.

Edited by Parafox
  • Thanks 2

I’m so tired of it.  Why wait to make a change of management, it’s something I can’t comprehend.  
In any other business would you let it get to a critical point before taking action!?

Brendan has some great qualities and I’m grateful for all the good times, but he has to go. 

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I need a drink after reading this. Even those of us who are now Brendan out can see he has done amazing things with us for a period of his tenure. But it has turned and now it is sensible to get rid. Over the top animosity isnt needed. 

Reality is. So if you think so highly of him tell me what you think of him not once but twice missing out on the champions league and slowly month by month year by year regressing us to the present state?

• Like 2

Thing is, we're getting a to a point where he's got 2 games to save his job (an example), many have mused he's not too fussed about saving his job and actively wants to be sacked.

I've never understood the notion when a club (any club) comes to a point where a manager has X amount of games to save their job, has a manager ever saved their job and kicked on from it?

Even if he does get a win and a positive performance is he really gonna continue it and follow it up for a sustained and consistent amount of time?

He's been given more than enough time already.

Do what we should have done at the end of last season (and it'd have been long overdue even then), cut your losses now, get rid.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why did I just see a thread titled “Rodgers resigns” lol

I would be amazed....I am suit at my job but if they offered to pay me off with 3 years of wages....its not rocket science 😒 😑 

I rather cruelly compared him to Steve McLaren in a match thread some weeks ago, but the point I was making still stands.  He's clearly an excellent coach who can come in and improve a side which he did when he joined.  The early months we were absolutely sensational to watch and it can easily be forgotten.  Where he struggles is developing the clubs; he nearly dragged Liverpool to a title but then saw a frightening regression.  Any similarities?

As a club, we're littered with dross and it's a mirror of what he did at Liverpool.  During his time, he signed 33 players for just under £300m.  Just look at the utter s**te he accumulated (https://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/25/1).  Three of the 33 have been successes (Firmino, Milner and Coutinho) but for an outlay of £300m it's a frightening comparison to what is happening here.  Money being sunk into utter mediocrity with a team going backwards.  It took Liverpool years to move on the cack he brought in and become competitive again and it's where he's taken us, and will take us further given the chance.  This is the post-Sven era take two.

The situation we're in is predictable as it's a hallmark of Rodgers' career.  Comes in, great impact and vibe.  Brings garbage in and the club goes backwards and takes years to get back on their feet.  I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but the legacy of these last 18 months is going to affect us long after he's buggered off.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

He's just moved up into the all-time shite managers league for us only just trailing Pleat and Taylor and tucked in behind Mc Lintock.

I know you talk some guff on here and probably do it on purpose but surely this is a joke. Yes I want him gone, but he can't be compared to Peter Taylor can he when he's had us finish 5th twice and 8th with an Fa Cup win.

Guest Col city fan

So so so disappointing that we only started having a go after about 55 minutes in.

I watched the whole game and that is not a Chelsea side who will make top four. They won’t score enough goals.

When Gallagher stupidly got himself sent off, Brendan should have had the bollox to go for the jugular then and there in a high press, high intensity way. Instead, he changed nothing. Literally nothing.

That enabled them to regroup and to stay on the front foot and of course, they went two up. THEN we had a go, but it was too late. They sat back, defended their lead and we couldn’t equalise.

Rodgers is SUCH a pussy. And it reflects on his teams. There is no one taking the lead, barking orders and giving anyone a bollocking. We are so ‘nice’.

The Premiership isn’t ‘nice’. It’s a tough slog of quick paced games against some of the worlds best players.

Today was Rodgers at his very worst imo. 

Edited by Col city fan

22 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I need a drink after reading this. Even those of us who are now Brendan out can see he has done amazing things with us for a period of his tenure. But it has turned and now it is sensible to get rid. Over the top animosity isnt needed. 

Agreed.

Edited by Parafox

12 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Reality is. So if you think so highly of him tell me what you think of him not once but twice missing out on the champions league and slowly month by month year by year regressing us to the present state?

I want him gone but typically people are going over the top with their dismissal of his record with us.

If it hadn’t have been for Covid we would have qualified for the CL. Man U beat us due to getting players back from injury during the period football was halted.

We won the FA Cup under Rodgers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Okay. This is the last I am speaking to you because you are being over emotional.

FA Cup winner. League Cup semi. Got us playing football where we consistently played well enough we should have made it to the top four at least once. The players, too, must take some responsibility there but fifth in this unfair league is still excellent. Sure we stumbled in Europe but at least we qualified consistently for the first time in decades. Not to mention we played our first European semi under Rodgers.

It has soured. We are playing poor football. I want him gone so Im hardly a massive supporter. But to act like he is one of our worst managers is factually incorrect. And the brutal reality is most managers can't keep the momentum going year after year. The fact he lost his mojo in the last say 18 months to two years is normal but due to his prior success I can understand why the club gave him the benefit of the doubt, even if that was the wrong decision.

And we only are paying him so much because for a time there was a credible threat those top six vultures were going to lure him away. 

Probably best to agree to disagree. I dont really like defending BR when I want him to go but I cant act like he is one of our worst ever managers.

Most ANNOYING though? With his dumb corporate speak? Well now you are talking...

Sensible. Well thought out, we need more of this balanced response rather than the knee-jerk, fist pumping "**** off you twat", reactions on here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

He got us to the position of being able to miss out on the Champions League, where were we when he took charge??

I have never liked Rodgers, but can respect what he has achieved here. It's now regressing, but we have had huge success under him.

• Like 1