Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He really benefitted from following on from Puel who did some good things despite the borefest football and particularly because having had Puel as their manager the players would have welcomed the appointment of Fred West as a breath of fresh air but things are so stale now it’s hard to see a way back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Highly doubt he will leave now. We won't sack him a few days before the window shuts, that's if we are actively looking for a few new players. Very hard for players to be convinced if we don't have a manager.

I generally think he will be here until the world cup and I'm dreading where we will be at this point.

54 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Of course they are, hes an impressive flexible manager 

Unfortunately the lack of quality available means that they can rarely keep a consistent run going 

I think our spending on wages is about 80-90% higher than Brightons.

Thats a pretty decent start isnt it?

But the 80/90% you're referring to is clearly not something we can continue to do? And you're relying very heavily there on what's (recently) been very hit and miss recruitment spending that money wisely. It'd be a huge gamble to jump from Brighton to us at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

He really benefitted from following on from Puel who did some good things despite the borefest football and particularly because having had Puel as their manager the players would have welcomed the appointment of Fred West as a breath of fresh air but things are so stale now it’s hard to see a way back 

lol

Edited by Craig

I feel at this point an amicable split is probably best for both parties. The fizz has gone and Rodgers just doesn’t have the respect from players and fans to really turn it around I don’t think. It doesn’t have to be toxic, but it is time for a change. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Still not sure who we could bring in to get us to we’re he got us 2 seasons ago

but yeh think his times up 

We're not getting there, it was our best period and has finished. We do need someone now that can get us playing again and picking up points. Rodgers is dragging us down at the moment. He either needs a spark or we need a change.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I feel at this point an amicable split is probably best for both parties. The fizz has gone and Rodgers just doesn’t have the respect from players and fans to really turn it around I don’t think. It doesn’t have to be toxic, but it is time for a change. 

A sad fact of the modern game.

Most Managers seem to be able to work at a club for a couple of years and then the wheels come off. 

I'd love to actually know why?

Is it the massive amounts of money the players earn that causes this?

Or perhaps poor financial choices in the transfer market?

Players and managers egos maybe? A lack of respect?

Or players wanting a new voice to keep it interesting?

Is it the fans/media or some other outside force wanting the drama? 

Is it a combination of all of the above? 

It's a ruthless business.

And yes I do think it's time to part with Rogers. But like when it was time to part with Claudio there is no joy in that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Still not sure who we could bring in to get us to we’re he got us 2 seasons ago

but yeh think his times up 

We’ve fallen behind a bit. A good manager + good transfer business can get us there. Next summer will be a squad rebuild whether we (and the board) like it or not. Exciting possibilities with the right appointment.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 1

Rodger’s makes some bizarre tactical in game decisions,  like Brentford for example,  but for me on both occasions on missing out on top 4, I blame the club not backing him in the jan transfer window when it was obvious we needed to strengthen to secure it.

I also think he’s managed the squad through some difficult periods, with the present period being the worst, today selection was a bold move, and the correct one imo, but we have a sub standard first 11 that needs players bringing in, we should have converted more of those chances today.

Rodger’s success in the transfer window has been limited though, in fact a disaster so it’s understandable to not trust him with further funds to bring in new players. The players we have though are clearly still playing though and haven’t downed tools. 

Rodger’s has brought us success but his media representation as our manager has been poor imo, he’s not endeared himself to us fans at all otherwise I think more people would have more patience.

negatives 

poor signings 

Poor media representation of lcfc 

bizarre tactics and falling out with players

poor in Europe 

high wages

bizarre record of injuries since being here

poor player transfer record

positives 

players still giving their all

deemed to be a good coach

has won us the fa cup, charity shield, semi of a European competition 

2 x top 5 finishes under tough circumstances

is deemed a respectable manager and liked by the media.

I don’t think Rodger’s deserves the hate, it sounds like the club haven’t made his job any easier, I thought he needed to be sacked end of last season if we weren’t giving him any funds, but we are where we are so until I hear a better alternative or until the players stop playing for him I think he should be supported but any signings should be seriously scrutinised under advisement 

• Like 2