Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Brendan has had his time with us and done well in the first 2 and a bit seasons but the trajectory sine the FA Cup win has been a slow downward spiral. Now it’s slipping badly, he’s lost his drive, players are bored of him, maybe they are hearing him but they’re not listening. Relegation will be the board’s fear, especially with expansion and the training ground in the background. 

I reckon if we don’t win one of the next two league games they will sack him before Villa in the hope we get a turnaround over the International break. 

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Potter is a class manager. Need to get over how big you think we are. 

Agreed. Whatever people think of him, the time for him leaving Brighton to come here has well and truly been and gone. What on earth would the attraction be?

Sadly that goes for any future manager. An aspiring lower league manager is perhaps the best we can hope for or an unemployed doubtful individual from abroad who fancies a decent pay packet and doesn't care about the risk.

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Honestly, how can you with a straight face say we have a bigger ceiling than Brighton? 

Finances - Rich

Sponsors - Rich, secure and Legit

Stadium - Renowned for being modern and amazing

Recruitment - How we used to be

Manager - On the up

Location - Basically got a ginormous catchment area for fans with little competition. Also, it’s nice down there lol 

Were on the same level as them, we’ve had some incredible success, but currently we’re neck and neck and they’re getting a head start currently on being the next “surprise top 6 package” or “potential cup winner” 

By the way none of that rules out us actually attracting him… we clearly offer ridiculous money 

Nonsense-Leicester has a much longer pedigree and a romantic backstory to boot. There’s realism and there’s deliberately putting yourself down because you feel down. You’ve fallen into the latter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed. Whatever people think of him, the time for him leaving Brighton to come here has well and truly been and gone. What on earth would the attraction be?

Sadly that goes for any future manager. An aspiring lower league manager is perhaps the best we can hope for or an unemployed doubtful individual from abroad who fancies a decent pay packet and doesn't care about the risk.

What self-pitying nonsense. They’d be queuing round the block to manage us.

17 minutes ago, Guy said:

Basically I believe the month of September alone will fully determine Rodgers' future at the club now. If we don't lose all of the next tough looking four fixtures against Mancs, Brighton, Villa and Spurs and gain at least one win against one of them, then I think he'll possibly be given longer. If we don't (and lose the lot), he won't basically and it would be ironic if a potential defeat v Forest ultimately cost him his job in the fifth league game to come - especially after our v.abject performance against them in last season's FA Cup of course! 

If he gets that long it's too late and we'll be saying hello to the championship next season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Nonsense-Leicester has a much longer pedigree and a romantic backstory to boot. There’s realism and there’s deliberately putting yourself down because you feel down. You’ve fallen into the latter.

What’s the past got to do with a ceiling? Which is what I was responding to? 

Shakespeare got sacked after 1 win in 11 league games over the course of two seasons.

Ranieri got sacked after 1 win in 10 league games

Puel got sacked after 1 win in 8 league games ( Newport was in that run too obviously)

On past form Rodgers is getting sacked if we haven’t won before playing Forest/ losing to Forest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

If he gets that long it's too late and we'll be saying hello to the championship next season

Possibly true, as I said the next four-five games max. will most likely/99.9% determine BR's future here, one way or the other. The season so far illustrates the unpredictability of the league though - re say Man Utd's awful start to it against Brighton and Brentford but then beating Liverpool (and Southampton today)! I appreciate we haven't got the same quality on the pitch to call on as they to turn things around in a flash like they have though - and with an unenviable looking set of five fixtures to come lying in wait then if they have the predictable outcome then I'd be amazed if Brendan was still in charge by October 4th! If it does pan out that way in that we continue our current bad up to early October then whether he'll be gone anytime before October remains to be seen I suppose re the manner of our performances perhaps, rather than the actual results.....!     

Edited by Guy

I think the Villa game will determine any changes if we have not picked up anymore points by then. Losing to United even in their current mess is no sackable offence and Brighton are a decent team. Lose at home to Villa though and those alarms bells will be clanging towards the owners. 

29 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Shakespeare got sacked after 1 win in 11 league games over the course of two seasons.

Ranieri got sacked after 1 win in 10 league games

Puel got sacked after 1 win in 8 league games ( Newport was in that run too obviously)

On past form Rodgers is getting sacked if we haven’t won before playing Forest/ losing to Forest.

Nome of them lost more than 5 on the spin which there's a good chance we're heading for. They were also sacked when we dipped our toe in to the relegation zone or near it.

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Level of qualification. 

Has managed at international level - not sure if he was assistant manager. Just remembering a time when he was back at the King Power as a guest of Khun Vichai - think they said something along the lines of… “maybe we will see you back here one day as manager.” 

Hope he just goes, never been so disappointed with a manger this much. Really hate how we don't have the fearless attitude and the foxes never quit mentality. Now it just feels like no one wants to be here anymore. Hate how what NP built just gone, not saying I want him back (but at this rate il take him) but instead of building on the foundation like CR and so on did for abit, it's like he just taking each brick away and destroying everything. We had passion and when the owner had  big dreams for this club but don't understand why we are settling to being that team who lost everything. Dunno why am even typing this guess just feeling down

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nome of them lost more than 5 on the spin which there's a good chance we're heading for. They were also sacked when we dipped our toe in to the relegation zone or near it.

I think Craig Shakespeare is a better comparison, he won 1 out of the first 8 in 17/18  W1 D3 L4.

Strangely enough including loses to Arsenal , Chelsea and Man U 

Edited by coolhandfox

It’s got to only be about money now as to why Rodgers is still in a job. I refuse to believe that there are members of that board sat there hoping he will turn things around. That hope is long gone. They have to want him out as much as the majority of fans.

• Like 2

I think he'll be sacked after Brighton if there is no improvement, too much transfer activity this week to make the change and 2 games in quick succession immediately afterward.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CalH said:

Has managed at international level - not sure if he was assistant manager. Just remembering a time when he was back at the King Power as a guest of Khun Vichai - think they said something along the lines of… “maybe we will see you back here one day as manager.” 

News to me. He’s taken on coaching roles but I’m oblivious to any managerial role he’s had - mainly because he doesn’t yet possess the requisite qualification - which bars him from managing in the Prem. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’d make a spectacular manager and would adore to see him here. 

If I’m mistaken, I’d love to hear it.