Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s got to only be about money now as to why Rodgers is still in a job. I refuse to believe that there are members of that board sat there hoping he will turn things around. That hope is long gone. They have to want him out as much as the majority of fans.

Difficult to sack him and the do business in the last few days of the window. 

Going to be hard enough buy players without that happening.

Money is nothing to do with it, you just stick him on garden leave and pay him as usual.

Edited by coolhandfox

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think Craig Shakespeare is a better comparison, he won 1 out of the first 8 in 17/18  W1 D3 L4.

Strangely enough including loses to Arsenal , Chelsea and Man U 

Well we’re going to be worse than that from our first 8 this season lol 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Difficult to sack him and the do business in the last few days of the window. 

Going to be hard enough buy players without that happening.

Money is nothing to do with it, you just stick him on garden leave and pay him as usual.

Signings mean nothing in our current predicament. If we are holding on hoping this guy can do something with 1 or 2 shiny signings, then the board is stupid. There are guys here who I wouldn’t be surprised don’t want to play for him. 

This ****er took Tielemans off for Ndidi when we are chasing a game. Youri has had games for the last 12 months where he has been utter shit. Anyone watching that game would have seen Leicester’s best chance to get back in the game was probably through Tielemans. This guy isn’t managing us anymore. In the words of Derick Chisora, he is ****ing us without any Vaseline. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think Craig Shakespeare is a better comparison, he won 1 out of the first 8 in 17/18  W1 D3 L4.

Had points on the board early on though that afforded him 8 games. We are staring down having 1 point from the opening 6. We will lose these next 2 games.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Signings mean nothing in our current predicament. If we are holding on hoping this guy can do something with 1 or 2 shiny signings, then the board is stupid. There are guys here who I wouldn’t be surprised don’t want to play for him. 

This ****er took Tielemans off for Ndidi when we are chasing a game. Youri has had games for the last 12 months where he has been utter shit. Anyone watching that game would have seen Leicester’s best chance to get back in the game was probably through Tielemans. This guy isn’t managing us anymore. In the words of Derick Chisora, he is ****ing us without any Vaseline. 

No but it could help the next guy. 

I expect him to go, buy think it worth getting the window done and dusted.

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

News to me. He’s taken on coaching roles but I’m oblivious to any managerial role he’s had - mainly because he doesn’t yet possess the requisite qualification - which bars him from managing in the Prem. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’d make a spectacular manager and would adore to see him here. 

If I’m mistaken, I’d love to hear it. 

May be wishful thinking on my part… looking into it he is described as being on the Colombian team technical staff for the Russian World Cup in 2018. Probably hasn’t done badges then? 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No but it could help the next guy. 

I expect him to go, buy think it worth getting the window done and dusted.

I don’t agree with you. There are no footballers out there apart from Ryan Bertrand who dreams of playing for Brendan Rodgers. We have 5 days, any signing we want to make needs to be told who we are talking to for the next manager role. The role of a manager to secure a transfer isn’t as important as it was 20 years ago. This guy is toxic - as he has been everywhere else in last year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Surely Rodgers will not get the whole pay off in a lump sum. I guess it will be broken down over a period of time. You cannot employ somebody and hand them a contact that makes them invincible, now that would be suicide. 

Our contract negotiation style of late has pretty much been kamikaze.

But no, he would be put on gardening leave and we'd have to continue to pay his wage until he finds another job or the contract runs out.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Had points on the board early on though that afforded him 8 games. We are staring down having 1 point from the opening 6. We will lose these next 2 games.

I expect BR to go. 

For me this group of game is massive Villa (H), Spurs (A), Forest (H), Bournemouth (A), Palace (H), Leed (H), Wolves (A).

If we are going to pull ourselves out of this we need at least 10-12 points from those. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Our contract negotiation style of late has pretty much been kamikaze.

But no, he would be put on gardening leave and we'd have to continue to pay his wage until he finds another job or the contract runs out.

Big Gibbo your not Adam or Carl Gibson are you ? 

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t agree with you. There are no footballers out there apart from Ryan Bertrand who dreams of playing for Brendan Rodgers. We have 5 days, any signing we want to make needs to be told who we are talking to for the next manager role. The role of a manager to secure a transfer isn’t as important as it was 20 years ago. This guy is toxic - as he has been everywhere else in last year. 

I don't disagree he has to go.

But the club has so much on in the next few days. 

Do they even know who they want as the next manager?

11 minutes ago, CalH said:

May be wishful thinking on my part… looking into it he is described as being on the Colombian team technical staff for the Russian World Cup in 2018. Probably hasn’t done badges then? 

He’s UEFA A the last I know. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We were competitive against Arsenal and Chelsea in those games and pretty unfortunate to lose to Liverpool too (Vardy missed a penalty)

Very different feel to this season

Edited by MattFox

Honestly on paper, (and on form) our squad is decent enough for a top 8 finish. 

------------------Ward------------------

Castagne--Evans--Soyuncu--Justin 

------------------Ndidi------------------
------Maddison------Dewsbury------
Perez----------------------------Barnes
------------------Vardy------------------

We just have a manager who has completely sapped any ability and confidence from them. 

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We were competitive against Arsenal and Chelsea in those games and pretty unfortunate to lose to Liverpool too (Vardy missed a penalty)

Very different feel to this season

Feel very similar to me unable to defend and able to score. 

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We just have a manager who has completely sapped any ability and confidence from them. 

Ward and Perez? 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fodder with or without Brendan.