Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly on paper, (and on form) our squad is decent enough for a top 8 finish. 

------------------Ward------------------

Castagne--Evans--Soyuncu--Justin 

------------------Ndidi------------------
------Maddison------Dewsbury------
Perez----------------------------Barnes
------------------Vardy------------------

We just have a manager who has completely sapped any ability and confidence from them. 

Evans Castange and Soyuncu currently aren't good enough defensively to get us top 8. Evans hasn't been the same since his hamstring injury. Castange is good going fowards but he can't defend. Soyuncu on the otherhand hasn't been a good player since the Euros. Perez isn't a right winger either. 

The backline where we played our best football ever (late 2019) was:

A pre Injury Evans

A pre Injury Ricardo

Chilwell

And Soyuncu before the Turkey Euro 2020 disasterclass.

Simply put injuries (mental injury in the case of Soyuncu) and sales. Has basically made it so that backline doesn't exist anymore.

The season after that Fofana carried our defence. Now we have lost him the reality is setting in.

Edited by Fightforever

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't disagree he has to go.

But the club has so much on in the next few days. 

Do they even know who they want as the next manager?

I bloody hope so. They have to have an idea of candidates, with an idea of their requirements and general interest. I’ll be ****ing worried if they don’t.

4 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Does anyone know the full reason Why we didn't buy any players? We needed strengthening. Had all summer to do it, get the players bedded in and be ready for the new season

Not been discussed at all mate. God knows why! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Does anyone know the full reason Why we didn't buy any players? We needed strengthening. Had all summer to do it, get the players bedded in and be ready for the new season

We are worried about FFP regulations, which if we fail we can’t play in Europe. Board have decided relegation gets you out of it. High fives all around the board room.

Seriously, the main reason given is that our wages are too high in comparison to our turnover which means we will be in breach of FFP if we carry on. The board decided to apply breaks and consolidate for a season.

4 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

i'd imagine there is no money to spend. find it it weird how nobody has come out and even said anything about it 

5 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Are you new to the internet and football? 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly on paper, (and on form) our squad is decent enough for a top 8 finish. 

------------------Ward------------------

Castagne--Evans--Soyuncu--Justin 

------------------Ndidi------------------
------Maddison------Dewsbury------
Perez----------------------------Barnes
------------------Vardy------------------

We just have a manager who has completely sapped any ability and confidence from them. 

All need replacing if we have any hope of finishing top half this season.

8 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Evans Castange and Soyuncu currently aren't good enough defensively to get us top 8. Evans hasn't been the same since his hamstring injury. Castange is good going fowards but he can't defend. Soyuncu on the otherhand hasn't been a good player since the Euros. Perez isn't a right winger either. 

The backline where we played our best football ever (late 2019) was:

A pre Injury Evans

A pre Injury Ricardo

Chilwell

And Soyuncu before the Turkey Euro 2020 disasterclass.

Simply put injuries (mental injury in the case of Soyuncu) and sales. Has basically made it so that backline doesn't exist anymore.

The season after that Fofana carried our defence. Now we have lost him the reality is setting in.

Agree with all of this, which Is why I put on form. Currently they are not good enough, but have the ability if a manager can get a tune out of them. 

10 minutes ago, LeeTheFox said:

On form that side is lucky to finish top half mate

Fair, we can agree to disagree. On form Soyuncu and Ndidi were 60m+ players, Vardy on form, Barnes and Justin on form, Maddison and Dewsbury, seems good enough to me but that's only if we had someone who wanted to play football and not sideways ball lol

5 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

No point qualifying for europe if we are in breach of UEFA FFP rules and they give our place to Forest

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Agree with all of this, which Is why I put on form. Currently they are not good enough, but have the ability if a manager can get a tune out of them. 

I don't really think so.

Castange could be decent defensively but Soyuncu will have his head turned because his contract is up and honestly I think 2019 Soyuncu was a fluke and not the normal Soyuncu.

Evans is frankly too old now and statistically this season has been much worse than Amartey so far.

Amartey has never been good enough.

The only way we can fix the defensive issues is by buying center backs. We need 2 new good center backs if we want a sniff of top 8 again.

We can't concede 2 goals every game and still get top 8.  The current center back options will never be good enough.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fair, we can agree to disagree. On form Soyuncu and Ndidi were 60m+ players, Vardy on form, Barnes and Justin on form, Maddison and Dewsbury, seems good enough to me but that's only if we had someone who wanted to play football and not sideways ball lol

If I speak I’m in trouble.

• Haha 2