Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 25/08/2022 at 20:23, deep blue said:

My suspicion is that if he were sacked off we would see a markedly improved atmosphere in the dressing room, and much more committed and convincing performances on the pitch.

I get the impression that the players are supportive. Of course, that can be a problem too - players may need to be challenged more, and you might get better displays as a result of a manager being less compromising. But I'd be surprised if, excepting the want-aways, our dressing room wasn't largely behind him. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if its response to his sacking, just four games into a season, was to become seriously despondent with a club which, from a certain perspective (though not mine!), hadn't backed him.

On the other hand, to what extent do you let him loose with the incoming budget?

Perhaps this really is one of the biggest dilemmas the club has ever faced - as big as February 2017.

Maybe his time is up. Many said back in April that, if we intended to restructure the squad anytime soon, it might be best to do it with someone other than BR in charge. But we've chosen to start a season with him in charge, and I think we've got to be seen to give him a fair crack of the whip. If, because of finances or because of not being given sufficient time, we fail to do that, then it could make his successor's job all the more difficult. And we definitely shouldn't be so arrogant as to discount relegation as a possibility if (in Dave Bassett's words) our 'moral fibre' were to entirely disintegrate, be it in the aftermath of a controversial sacking, or in the absence of it.

I remember people assuring us that the departures of many past managers mid-season would precipitate a quick upturn in fortunes. Sometimes it did (see the post-Levein/Ranieri/Puel resurgences), but on many other occasions things didn't immediately get better (think post-Pleat, post-Little, post-McGhee, post-Taylor, post-Adams, post-Megson, post-Sven and so on - there was an air of optimism on all of those occasions that things would immediately be better... and it either took time, or didn't happen at all).

So we need to be careful. On the one hand we must be sure that BR isn't going to turn this around by himself, and on the other not too slow in making the change.

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I hate the needle dick midget as much as the next man, but the reality is there isn’t much to work with. Cags fingered his wife (or ran over his dog, not sure), so isn’t allowed to play. Fofana turned into a complete pr*ck. During his injury Justin completely forgot how to defend, and Evans is about 50, can barely run, and due an injury any day soon. Amartey wouldn’t get into my sons under 11s team, but seems to be undroppable. His money laundering mate Bertrand needs an amputation, and I can only presume that Rodger’s played Vesty on FIFA in some sort of cheat mode before advising hitting the panic buy button last year. 

I’m pretty sure when Rodger’s did all his badges, he didn’t think his work life would sink this low. The only thing that gives me satisfaction right now is that he must be fuc**ing miserable, and wondering what to do with his life.  I’m sure his wife closes her eyes and does a deep breath everytime he brings Cags into a conversation.  

lol

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m sorry, what?!

What have we become to have attitudes like this!

We used to go into every game, no matter who is was, fully committed, the opposition knew they’d be in a game, we’d be on them, blood and thunder, fearless, we were always in a game.

This is what Rodgers has reduced us to, ah we’re not gonna beat Arsenal, ah we’re not gonna beat Chelsea, ah we’re not gonna beat Man Utd, ah Brighton are decent we’ll struggle and probably not beat them. 

Even being bottom of the league in 14/15 I think we had a grittier, more determined mentality than we have now, on and off the pitch.

This is the issue. There's no fight or leadership in the team.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

This is the issue. There's no fight or leadership in the team.

I’m sorry but no fight? That’s bollox!

The players are hurting, they don’t like losing, being pretty much bottom will be stinging. 

Honestly I don’t question their effort or desire. 

Leadership, intelligence, confidence, awareness or simply not good enough I think are all up for debate.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I’m sorry but no fight? That’s bollox!

The players are hurting, they don’t like losing, being pretty much bottom will be stinging. 

Honestly I don’t question their effort or desire. 

Leadership, intelligence, confidence, awareness or simply not good enough I think are all up for debate.

Agree I can’t see Vardy or Maddison enjoying losing matches at all. 

• Like 1

Funny how he's so disliked at his old clubs: https://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/400264-Brendan-Rodgers-Leicester-manager/page42

I remember right before FSG hired him watching a clip with Rodgers as a guest pundit on one of the football shows. And I thought "wow, he speaks quite well". That same impression prevailed throughout his first few months here too. And then one day it dawned on me that aside from being too weak and insecure to manage a football team, he also did not in fact speak well. He speaks in meaningless soundbites that appear impressive at first but crumble under scrutiny. It's how his teams play too. There is no real substance to any of it. Just a very nice veneer.

Edited by gazzaa2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, nathan. said:

Bigger club.

Better players.

More money.

People on here wouldn’t put up with Potter. It’s taken him two years to get Brighton in the position they are now. He had them in the lower half of the division a season and a bit ago. People would want him out.

• Like 2

Probably an unpopular opinion on FT but...

Yes Rogers makes weird substitutions, Yes the team throws away leads and points, yes its unbelievably frustrating. More often than not watching Leicester is a deeply unpleasant experience akin to watching a horror film or a car crash.  However in his defence, last season he had the majority of his first team out with injuries, this season his defence has been obliterated. We've lost Kasper, Fofana, Ricky is out, uncle Vester is useless. Its like blaming a formula one driver for losing a race when his car has got a puncture. Rogers is at fault when the tactics are wrong but Rudkin and Top need to provide the bloke with a half decent back line. If they don't trust him on transfers, fine, dont involve him, but they still need to bring quality players in for him to work with. The failure in my mind has happened at every level. Rogers is an easy target and rightfully so sometimes but he isn't solely to blame. He can only work with what he has. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1