Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Daggers said:

Here we go again, the man who should be unemployed is about to waste more of our limited cash.

Well if Rodgers isn’t going to get sacked, I’ll give the club the boot until he’s gone. I’m not doing this anymore - it’s just pointless.

I don’t even think they are going to give him any real money. With the time we have left its looking like loans at best.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Probably an unpopular opinion on FT but...

Yes Rogers makes weird substitutions, Yes the team throws away leads and points, yes its unbelievably frustrating. More often than not watching Leicester is a deeply unpleasant experience akin to watching a horror film or a car crash.  However in his defence, last season he had the majority of his first team out with injuries, this season his defence has been obliterated. We've lost Kasper, Fofana, Ricky is out, uncle Vester is useless. Its like blaming a formula one driver for losing a race when his car has got a puncture. Rogers is at fault when the tactics are wrong but Rudkin and Top need to provide the bloke with a half decent back line. If they don't trust him on transfers, fine, dont involve him, but they still need to bring quality players in for him to work with. The failure in my mind has happened at every level. Rogers is an easy target and rightfully so sometimes but he isn't solely to blame. He can only work with what he has. 

Injuries in the large part caused by over playing players and then throwing them back in when they arent 100 percent recovered, both of which hes in charge of. Easily one of the most reckless and irresponsible managers about

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

I don’t even think they are going to give him any real money. With the time we have left its looking like loans at best.

The strategy is probably give him a chance to turn it around and if he can't then the new manager gets funds in January after the World Cup. No point giving Rodgers a lot of money to spend only to sack him soon after. Liverpool did that in 2015 when they knew his days were numbered but still allowed him to spend 32 million on Benteke.

12 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I know you talk some guff on here and probably do it on purpose but surely this is a joke. Yes I want him gone, but he can't be compared to Peter Taylor can he when he's had us finish 5th twice and 8th with an Fa Cup win.

Yes but apart from that?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m sorry, what?!

What have we become to have attitudes like this!

We used to go into every game, no matter who is was, fully committed, the opposition knew they’d be in a game, we’d be on them, blood and thunder, fearless, we were always in a game.

This is what Rodgers has reduced us to, ah we’re not gonna beat Arsenal, ah we’re not gonna beat Chelsea, ah we’re not gonna beat Man Utd, ah Brighton are decent we’ll struggle and probably not beat them. 

Even being bottom of the league in 14/15 I think we had a grittier, more determined mentality than we have now, on and off the pitch.

Get off your high horse chap , all I was suggesting was I don’t think the club/owners mindset would be sack him if we did lose to those teams unless we were thrashed or played so poorly it was obvious he had lost the dressing room 100%. Can’t be arsed with entitled fans anymore. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Yes Rogers makes weird substitutions, Yes the team throws away leads and points, yes its unbelievably frustrating. More often than not watching Leicester is a deeply unpleasant experience akin to watching a horror film or a car crash.  However in his defence, last season he had the majority of his first team out with injuries, this season his defence has been obliterated. We've lost Kasper, Fofana, Ricky is out, uncle Vester is useless. Its like blaming a formula one driver for losing a race when his car has got a puncture. Rogers is at fault when the tactics are wrong but Rudkin and Top need to provide the bloke with a half decent back line. If they don't trust him on transfers, fine, dont involve him, but they still need to bring quality players in for him to work with. The failure in my mind has happened at every level. Rogers is an easy target and rightfully so sometimes but he isn't solely to blame. He can only work with what he has. 

Some including myself would ask what kind of training is occurring to get all these injuries. 

injuries don’t just happen, obv impact injuries are hard to avoid in competitive contact sport.

Training methods, sports scientist, biomechanics team and possible the manager all have a part to play.

2 hours ago, Mr.Bingles said:

So injuries are the reason he thought he could coach pace into Vestegaard ? He is a major part of this problem. If people can’t see that now, it’s long gone trying to explain it. 

Nididi for Youri yesterday - chasing a game. Ndidi for Youri. Fabulous.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluebeemer said:

All Potter has done is improve his team year on year. An upward trajectory is what we want. Since BR arrival year on year we have regressed

It’s posts like this that really annoy me, yes there is a lot to not be happy with at the minute, and I get why a lot of supporters are in the out camp.

But posts like this that are just out right lies are unnecessary and completely fictitious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Get off your high horse chap , all I was suggesting was I don’t think the club/owners mindset would be sack him if we did lose to those teams unless we were thrashed or played so poorly it was obvious he had lost the dressing room 100%. Can’t be arsed with entitled fans anymore. 

Alright chap.

The irony being I was more enthused and could get behind it alot more when we were bottom in 14/15, entitled huh.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Alright chap.

The irony being I was more enthused and could get behind it alot more when we were bottom in 14/15, entitled huh.

In 14/15 you could tell we weren’t far away with performances, just a little luck needed. 

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

So injuries are the reason he taught he could coach pace in Vestegaard ? He is a major part of this problem. If people can’t see that now, it’s long gone trying to explain it. 

Nididi for Youri yesterday - chasing a game. Ndidi for Youri. Fabulous.

In the face of it, this looks like a poor managerial decision but I think Wilf was introduced to add a bit of height from set pieces (not that it made much difference as the delivery was still awful). We got a lot of opportunities from corners and free kicks outside the box which (as always) came to nothing. 

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

In the face of it, this looks like a poor managerial decision but I think Wilf was introduced to add a bit of height from set pieces (not that it made much difference as the delivery was still awful). We got a lot of opportunities from corners and free kicks outside the box which (as always) came to nothing. 

The king of the pass Brendan Rodgers gave it all up to go big man in the box ? I don’t think this is true but would love it to be. 

I am wracking my brain trying to fathom why Rodgers hasn't been show the door yet, this indecision making from the board seems very amateurish, you either back Rodgers which they are very reluctant to do rightfully because of last season's transfer fiasco or you sack him there should be no middle ground in my opinion, we are sleep walking to a relegation battle which is not a good look. Even a caretaker manager would be a better option right now.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

The king of the pass Brendan Rodgers gave it all up to go big man in the box ? I don’t think this is true but would love it to be. 

That's the only rational explanation I can come up with. Who knows though! Some of his decisions are baffling.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s posts like this that really annoy me, yes there is a lot to not be happy with at the minute, and I get why a lot of supporters are in the out camp.

But posts like this that are just out right lies are unnecessary and completely fictitious. 

Is it though?

Is it hyperbole to state that after the Norwich game that we never truly played that slick/high energy football again?

We have definitely been on a downward trajectory for 16 months if not longer.

The FA cup win whilst amazing for us, most definitely papered over some very below par performances/tactical decisions by Brendan.

The fact he’s still here though highlights one of many reasons that as a club we’re free falling….poor money management, he’s simply too expensive to just chuck the towel in.

• Like 3

Rodgers is going nowhere foreseeably so I think we all best get used to that, accept the lay of the land and move on (and of course have a bit of a moan on here!)

In fairness to him, the situation is not ideal (whether he is the architect of that, in whole or in part, we'll put aside) We have no option but to accept where we are, as does he. He has to work with what he has. So let's shelve our doubts (however large they might be) and judge him on what he does from here.  Not wipe the slate clean but take our anger and doubt and stick it in a box in storage for the time being. Call it a ground zero or some such, a reset.

If he can't do something from here then we again call for him to go. But for now, acknowledge it's not the best situation we find ourselves in and see what he can do from where we are.

Edited by taupe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

I’m sorry but no fight? That’s bollox!

The players are hurting, they don’t like losing, being pretty much bottom will be stinging. 

Honestly I don’t question their effort or desire. 

Leadership, intelligence, confidence, awareness or simply not good enough I think are all up for debate.

I'm happy to agree to disagree. Compared to other squads I just don't think we have the bottle/desire to dig deepest. Half the team want to leave for starters! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, taupe said:

Rodgers is going nowhere foreseeably so I think we all best get used to that, accept the lay of the land and move on (and of course have a bit of a moan on here!)

In fairness to him, the situation is not ideal (whether he is the architect of that, in whole or in part, we'll put aside) We have no option but to accept where we are, as does he. He has to work with what he has. So let's shelve our doubts (however large they might be) and judge him on what he does from here.  Not wipe the slate clean but box up our anger and doubt and stick it in a box in storage for the time being. Call it a ground zero or some such, a reset.

If he can't do something from here then we again call for him to go. But for now, acknowledge it's not the best situation we find ourselves in and see what he can do from where we are.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion and if that's how you see it and want treat it so  be it.

But nothing is going to change, it hasn't for a long time now so what's going to change all of a sudden?

You can say we all best get used to it, accept the lay of the land but that's just being an ostrich isn't it? That's basically asking us to ignore it all - and what's the point in that, not to mention the damage that's been done and will continue to be done.

He has to work with what he's got - He's arguably not.

Judge him what he does from here - Well it's case of judging him on what he doesn't do rather than what he does do isn't it?

Call it ground zero or some such, a rest - Didn't he have that in the summer? The 'rebuild', which changed to 'Rebuilding culture and mentality' - whether the comments related to orginslly bring players in or a genuine rebuild of culture and mentality - either way it's failed.

If he can't do something from here then we again call for him to go - Isn't that contradicting yourself? 

See you after his press confrence ahead of the Man Utd game when he chucks someone under the bus, blames someone else or simply makes some bizarre comments, see you after than Man Utd game when the same issues happen.

As I say i'm all up for discussion, i'm all for people having differing opinions but I don't really understand the essence of your post, perhaps that's on me.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, sdb said:

I'm happy to agree to disagree. Compared to other squads I just don't think we have the bottle/desire to dig deepest. Half the team want to leave for starters! 

Bottle/desire?

In every game I attend (all homes and a number of aways) I don’t see lack of effort or desire. Yesterday we kept going until the very end, but it just wasn’t good enough.

I would love to hear your evidence to back the desire/bottle up?

who wants to leave other then the snake Fofana? 

Youri?

He hasn’t signed a new contract, why does that instantly mean he wants to leave now/this season? 

Besides using him As an example, in every game and pre game he makes a point of engaging with the fans and always gives 100% (admittedly lots of mistakes currently) 

Edited by turkish14

I think I big reason he’ll be here until Thursday at least is if we have designs to bring some players in before the window shuts. No reputable player will want to join a club with no manager. 

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Honestly we deserve relegation, our fans are just as pathetic as our manager, no fight at all in this club anymore. 

We should be fighting like mad to get something at home to United, the biggest club in England and maybe the world. We’re now accepting that teams like Brighton should routinely beat us ffs :nono:

Sorry but we don't deserve relegation :(

Let's be honest, that's one comment amongst several others where one fan thinks opposite to the majority. 

Not all fans have lost the fight! 

It's not the royal 'we/we're'. 

• Like 2