Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he can't do something from here then we again call for him to go - Isn't that contradicting yourself? 

No. Maybe you've put an interpretation on "again" that I didn't intend? I suggest only putting current feelings on hold, to renew again if needs be but hopefully to forget them.

My main point (in an attempt at a summary response) is we are in a situation where (I believe) Rodgers will neither be sacked nor walk. So what do we, as supporters wanting him gone, do? We could sit around lambasting all. That's an option for sure. Or we could acknowledge the situation as it is, put a line under that and see what happens from here - and maybe even get behind it?

I've worked both with and for people I've thought incompetent and/or did not like. I'm sure most of us have. You find a way. I don't have a direct line to Top, and no sway with the board, so whatever I think of Rodgers will result in nothing (except my own frustration and anger), so I'm finding my way. Perhaps I have managed my expectations by lowering them? Yes, that'd be another way of looking at it I suppose.

There are other options, I acknowledge that.

15 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Bottle/desire?

In every game I attend (all homes and a number of aways) I don’t see lack of effort or desire. I would love to hear your evidence to back that up?

who wants to leave other then the snake Fofana? 

Youri?

He hasn’t signed a new contract, why does that instantly mean he wants to leave now/this season? 

Besides using him As an example, in every game and pre game he makes a point of engaging with the fans and always gives 100% (admittedly lots of mistakes currently) 

Who wants to leave:

Schmeichel has, Fofana as you've said, Youri most definitely does - have you been living under a rock? I'm sure Rodgers has said Soyuncu won't sign a new contract and wants to leave - add to that being frozen out.

Soumare wanted to leave but accoring to Rodgers he's had a change a mind - What a man manager Brendan must be, so lucky to have him!

(Call me cynical but i'm sure it's nothing to do with not getting anywhere near what he's getting paid here...)

I'm not saying he wants to leave but Evans disagreed with comments Rodgers made the other week - of course there are disagreements in all walks of life and work but it certainly adds to thoughts the players aren't happy.

I think the only players that don't want to leave are those who we don't want on massive wages.

Vardy's signed a new contract but he's hugely committed and a staple of Leicester, I can't imagine he's happy playing under the negative style of Rodgers though, he wasn't in the negative style of England (Plus the fact he wasn't used), he wasn't under the negative style of Puel...i'll let other works out what the common denominator is.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

He has go to now, the longer we delay this the more serious the situation we will find ourselves in, he has checked out and is just waiting for his payout, it’s so clear to see. 

Bizarre team selections and substitutions, stubbornness to address both the goalkeeper and defensive issues by refusing to select Iversen over Ward and bringing Soyuncu back into the starting line up instead of Amartey, especially when we are continuing to leak 2.5 goals per game in the premier league this season.

Every week we hear the same drivel post match and yet nothing ever changes, the squad has enough quality to be top ten, however with Brendan in charge this alarming slump will not change. 

If I was Top, I would use the Fofana money to pay him off and bring in a new manager with fresh ideas. Make a coupon of decent loan signings to plug the gaps in the squad.

There are too many players that are being mismanaged and a change in manager, a clean slate for the players and we will see a massive change in morale and performances 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I wonder if we'll see a statement from Percy or another respectable journo shortly before the Utd game that Rodgers HAS to get a result otherwise he's toast... 

Absolutely not. The journalists will blame the players first and then the owners. Rodgers is the ultimate Teflon politician. He will go when he has arranged the maximum payoff.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

…and so he limps on.

I believe the board probably have a valid reason for keeping him this long.

But it’s making me question the board more and more.

They do. He's too expensive to pay off and we can't even afford a proper goalkeeper right now, let alone pay off one of the best paid managers in Europe and hire another one.

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I wonder if we'll see a statement from Percy or another respectable journo shortly before the Utd game that Rodgers HAS to get a result otherwise he's toast... 

if that’s the case then you may as well let him go now. If any manager gets to that point you may as well let them go. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who wants to leave:

Schmeichel has, Fofana as you've said, Youri most definitely does - have you been living under a rock? I'm sure Rodgers has said Soyuncu won't sign a new contract and wants to leave - add to that being frozen out.

Soumare wanted to leave but accoring to Rodgers he's had a change a mind - What a man manager Brendan must be, so lucky to have him!

(Call me cynical but i'm sure it's nothing to do with not getting anywhere near what he's getting paid here...)

I'm not saying he wants to leave but Evans disagreed with comments Rodgers made the other week - of course there are disagreements in all walks of life and work but it certainly adds to thoughts the players aren't happy.

I think the only players that don't want to leave are those who we don't want on massive wages.

Vardy's signed a new contract but he's hugely committed and a staple of Leicester, I can't imagine he's happy playing under the negative style of Rodgers though, he wasn't in the negative style of England (Plus the fact he wasn't used), he wasn't under the negative style of Puel...i'll let other works out what the common denominator is.

Wanting to leave doesn’t mean deliberate self sabotage of own performances, I struggle to see the link. Besides your attributing players wanting to leave with discord within.

I am no Brendan fan, I want him gone, but my own perspectives….

obv Fofana the exception who has downed tools, so I get that.

The others you mention…

Youri: If you believe other reports loves Charnwood, family settled. But waiting to see how we do/if a better offer comes in. Come on who wouldn’t do this? He gives 100% on the pitch (see my first point) and what’s right win things. 

Schmeichel  (again if you believe reports) always wanted to finish his career playing abroad. Could this have been his best chance? This opting to take it.

soumare: Was this not “homesickness” or so was mentioned? 

Cags: If he does want to leave, then who can blame a bench player. If he indeed refused a contract (not doubting) then again until we know his reasoning is it fair to label players?

my point being wanting to leave (if true) doesn’t mean players play crap, they want to appeal to clubs not put off. Plus their reasons for leaving can go way beyond simply not being picked or issues with the manager.

23 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They do. He's too expensive to pay off and we can't even afford a proper goalkeeper right now, let alone pay off one of the best paid managers in Europe and hire another one.

It’s been said before here but why can’t we put him on gardening leave? We don’t have to give him 15 million in this case.

And it’s going to be a false economy keeping him here if he gets us relegated, a possibility we can no longer laugh off, since we’ll lose more than 15 million.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluebeemer said:

All Potter has done is improve his team year on year. An upward trajectory is what we want. Since BR arrival year on year we have regressed

Potter finished 15th in his first season, then 16th in his second. Then 9th.

Never been passed round 4 of the league cup or round 5 of the FA Cup.

Our fans wouldn't stand for that. He'd be booed every week, similar to like he was at Brighton if I recall correctly.

He has improved/changed the way they play, and tried to get deadwood out, it would be similar to if he joined us right now tbf but our fans wouldn't give him the time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:
BREAKING NEWS: Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester City this morning. Club set to announce the news soon. The iconic Rodgers Foxes era is over. Sad news as Brendan is a great guy. Roberto Mancini has serious interest. #LCFC #Rodgers #Mancini

If only lol Sean from Enderby was believable :ph34r:

No watsap  messages = no sacking ….

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I really hope as a club we don’t act like that. Imagine getting a 1-0 win. It doesn’t fix any of our problems. It’s been over 12 months of this decline

51 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:
BREAKING NEWS: Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester City this morning. Club set to announce the news soon. The iconic Rodgers Foxes era is over. Sad news as Brendan is a great guy. Roberto Mancini has serious interest. #LCFC #Rodgers #Mancini

If only lol Sean from Enderby was believable :ph34r:

Please, please be true, I don’t hold out

much hope but would be amazing if it is happening. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Is it though?

Is it hyperbole to state that after the Norwich game that we never truly played that slick/high energy football again?

We have definitely been on a downward trajectory for 16 months if not longer.

The FA cup win whilst amazing for us, most definitely papered over some very below par performances/tactical decisions by Brendan.

The fact he’s still here though highlights one of many reasons that as a club we’re free falling….poor money management, he’s simply too expensive to just chuck the towel in.

The original post I quoted and said was factually incorrect stated we have gone backwards every season since Rodgers took over and Brighton have gone forwards every season since Potter took over.

The facts, and  the only thing you can base a comment like that on are final league positions and runs in the cup and where the club is.

For Rodgers 

Season before he arrived - we finished 9th and made the QF of both cups.

The season he arrived we were already out of the FA Cup and the League Cup making the third round and QF, we finished 9th.

His first full season: we finished 5th and made a QF of Fa Cup and Semi of League Cup.

His second season: We finished 5th and won the FA Cup. Won a group in Europe and went out in the last 32, we also went out early in the league cup.

I would say that is progress in every season up until last season.

Last season we finished 8th (Still above the season prior to his arrival and the season he arrived) Out in the group stage of the EL and a semi final of the conference - winning some 2 legged ties against some big European sides along the way for the first time since Seville.

On the whole there has been some sort of progress each season he has been here. - this season is far too early to make any calls.

Compare that to Potter:

Who finished 15th in his first season and went out in the third round of both cups.

Finished 16th his second season and made the fourth round of the league cup and fifth round of the Fa cup.

Last season they made progress to finish 9th and fourth round of both cups.

Based on the facts it’s clear that the statement we have gone backward every season since Rodgers arrived is false as is the statement that Brighton have made progress every season.

Now this isn’t to say it’s all rosy under Rodgers, there are clearly problems, what I am pointing out though is the amount of crap that is clearly not true. I can see why many posters want Rodgers to go, but stick to those reasons there is No need to make things up and there are far too many things in this thread that are made up.

Want him gone, talk about tactics, line ups and substitutions or lack of, debate the transfers in and out during his time here - there is a good debate to be had on the merit of those.

Sorry for the long post!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

It’s been said before here but why can’t we put him on gardening leave? We don’t have to give him 15 million in this case.

And it’s going to be a false economy keeping him here if he gets us relegated, a possibility we can no longer laugh off, since we’ll lose more than 15 million.

This is an excellent point, Would he be prepared to sit on his hands for two years, maybe but names are soon forgotten.

They could offer him one year salary as an alternative.

It would be worth it in the long run.

Rodgers has been a good manager.

He is not currently being a good manager.   His time at Leicester should come to an end.

We are shipping goals.   This is a combination of the defensive coaching being less than elite and recruiting the wrong players.  The imbalance in the team is for similar reasons.  I think under Rodgers, we have had some great performances.  But we should be aiming high in the table.   We have thrown away a two goal lead,  had a home loss to a side that are possible relegation material and gone two down and ultimately lost to a ten man team.

On this forum, there is an over-reaction to him.  Every decision Rodgers makes is strongly condemned by some.  But overall, his management has stopped working.

Surely, it is in the best interests of both Leicester and Rodgers to part company by mutual consent.

8 minutes ago, majaco said:

Rodgers has been a good manager.

He is not currently being a good manager.   His time at Leicester should come to an end.

We are shipping goals.   This is a combination of the defensive coaching being less than elite and recruiting the wrong players.  The imbalance in the team is for similar reasons.  I think under Rodgers, we have had some great performances.  But we should be aiming high in the table.   We have thrown away a two goal lead,  had a home loss to a side that are possible relegation material and gone two down and ultimately lost to a ten man team.

On this forum, there is an over-reaction to him.  Every decision Rodgers makes is strongly condemned by some.  But overall, his management has stopped working.

Surely, it is in the best interests of both Leicester and Rodgers to part company by mutual consent.

Rodgers is not a good manager.   Take out the Celtic success (which is proven that literally any manager can achieve) and hes not actually done that much.   Hes more known for his teams capitulating rather than winning anything.

Liverpool, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

2 absolutely woeful crashes in form in successive seasons to blow 2 Champions League spots with Leicester.

His hangovers from bad spells are legendary.   After Liverpool blew the title, that form, carried well in to the following season until he was sacked.   At Leicester, twice he couldnt ressurrect form when we dropped out of the CL spots, and it needed end of season to press the reset button.

This season, even the summer reset button hasn't worked.  We are on a one way street to disaster if he continues.   Hes that bad a motivator, that bad a tactician, that bad a manager.  Hes not top tier like the media make him out to be.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Rodgers is not a good manager.   Take out the Celtic success (which is proven that literally any manager can achieve) and hes not actually done that much.   Hes more known for his teams capitulating rather than winning anything.

Liverpool, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

2 absolutely woeful crashes in form in successive seasons to blow 2 Champions League spots with Leicester.

His hangovers from bad spells are legendary.   After Liverpool blew the title, that form, carried well in to the following season until he was sacked.   At Leicester, twice he couldnt ressurrect form when we dropped out of the CL spots, and it needed end of season to press the reset button.

This season, even the summer reset button hasn't worked.  We are on a one way street to disaster if he continues.   Hes that bad a motivator, that bad a tactician, that bad a manager.  Hes not top tier like the media make him out to be.

In my opinion,  he has been a good manager at four different clubs. He has had poor spells too.  Your response is part of what I see as over-reaction.

We have had many good managers who have never won the FA Cup or achieved two fifth placed finishes.   

Rodgers and Leicester should part company soon. His achievements at the club will be remembered positively. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3