Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Rodgers is not a good manager.   Take out the Celtic success (which is proven that literally any manager can achieve) and hes not actually done that much.   Hes more known for his teams capitulating rather than winning anything.

Liverpool, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

2 absolutely woeful crashes in form in successive seasons to blow 2 Champions League spots with Leicester.

His hangovers from bad spells are legendary.   After Liverpool blew the title, that form, carried well in to the following season until he was sacked.   At Leicester, twice he couldnt ressurrect form when we dropped out of the CL spots, and it needed end of season to press the reset button.

This season, even the summer reset button hasn't worked.  We are on a one way street to disaster if he continues.   Hes that bad a motivator, that bad a tactician, that bad a manager.  Hes not top tier like the media make him out to be.

He's similar to Pardew. Very streaky manager. Take Newcastle, he got them to the brink of a CL place but just fell short and then the next season they nearly went down. 

At Palace got them to an FA Cup final where they were minutes away from beating Man United and would have done with VAR (that saved us with the late Chelsea equaliser).

A vain and arrogant man who nobody at the club can sight of after a couple of years.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The self life for most managers is 2.5 years, Rodgers has done a good job overall.

But it just gone stale and we need a change.

The worry is we are witnessing diminishing returns and the only way BR can possibly turn things around would be adding 3-4 recruits who can step in to the first XI and that is unlikely to happen. 

Too many of the current squad appear to be a shadow of themselves, are no longer listening to Brendan or are out of favour. 

Based on recent interviews and touchline demeanour it seems he increasingly knows the game is up.

If we are active in the market in the next few days there will hopefully be a bounce but I suspect it will simply delay Brendan’s departure.

• Like 1

Do we think the players are still playing for him? It looks like they are, but you do wonder if any of them are thinking there not being played to their best roles or that they could be doing better under someone else? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do we think the players are still playing for him? It looks like they are, but you do wonder if any of them are thinking there not being played to their best roles or that they could be doing better under someone else? 

I think they’re still trying yes. Yesterday proved that. Whatever it was that released the shackles, whether it be no Wilf, or playing against 10 men, or the players disregarding Rodgers’ preferred style of play, they came out and had a right good go. Something unseen in the vast majority of the past 12 months.

Though of course some will be p*ssed off at him, some will doubt him- Especially after being chucked under the bus and were publicly told they’re not good enough and will be sold in the summer. To then have to work with those players this season, as if nothings happened. Man management at its very worst. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I think they’re still trying yes. Yesterday proved that. Whatever it was that released the shackles, whether it be no Wilf, or playing against 10 men, or the players disregarding Rodgers’ preferred style of play, they came out and had a right good go. Something unseen in the vast majority of the past 12 months.

Though of course some will be p*seed off at him, some will doubt him- Especially after being chucked under the bus and we’re publicly told they’re not good enough and will be sold in the summer. To then have to work with those players this season, as if nothings happened. Man management at its very worst. 

My hunch would be the 10 men. Which is ironic considering we ended up going 2 down. 

We really need to address conceding 2 each game - already makes a difficult job even harder. 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Though of course some will be p*seed off at him, some will doubt him- Especially after being chucked under the bus and we’re publicly told they’re not good enough and will be sold in the summer. To then have to work with those players this season, as if nothings happened. Man management at its very worst. 

I thought we were better than Chelsea even when it was 11 v 11.

It was Youri's best game in months, he created at least three good chances which we should have converted.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s posts like this that really annoy me, yes there is a lot to not be happy with at the minute, and I get why a lot of supporters are in the out camp.

But posts like this that are just out right lies are unnecessary and completely fictitious. 

Shame you didn’t read the post!

I said Potter improved his team never mentioned league positions or cup runs.

Is Potter’s team better now than when he arrived?

Is Brendan’s team better or worse than when he arrived?

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Stockport the majority there booing and singing sacked in the morning etc. Don’t believe this was the case yesterday.

Didn't look like the majority from the clip I saw on twitter, just a few fans?

1 minute ago, Dames said:

10 million pounds a year… 

Come on, you can't imagine that was all that was said lol

It's quite clearly just a snippet. 

As if other managers don't say that kind of stuff either. 

Admin is just reeling everyone in for the hits, likes, quotes, replies etc... 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Come on, you can't imagine that was all that was said lol

It's quite clearly just a snippet. 

As if other managers don't say that kind of stuff either. 

Admin is just reeling everyone in for the hits, likes, quotes, replies etc... 

It does make me laugh. Some girl fresh out of unii absolutely riling our fanbase.