Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

59 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

We won the league with no possession. That is not an indication of poor performance. 

No, but having 60-70% of the ball and having the worst XG for months on end is though!

pointless possession football

get that charlatan out!!!!

hate everything about him

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 1

Guest itude
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's publicly said he has the final say on ALL signings. 

Well clearly yes.

Does anyone believe that "someone else" says " oh we'll have him, bugger what Rodgers thinks or the team needs" ??

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Come on, you can't imagine that was all that was said lol

It's quite clearly just a snippet. 

As if other managers don't say that kind of stuff either. 

Admin is just reeling everyone in for the hits, likes, quotes, replies etc... 

It just comes across as so basic and obvious. Seems like he’s phoning it in now.

I do find the real toxicity around him really odd, I’m out for the record his sell by date has well and truly passed. But this is a manager who will forever be in our history after the fa cup win, it’s one thing to say he needs to go then going as far as hating him and this and that. Really makes me think of arsenal fans under wenger, is this just modern football now 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I do find the real toxicity around him really odd, I’m out for the record his sell by date has well and truly passed. But this is a manager who will forever be in our history after the fa cup win, it’s one thing to say he needs to go then going as far as hating him and this and that. Really makes me think of arsenal fans under wenger, is this just modern football now 

Agreed there should be no malice towards Rodger’s at all

However we do need a fresh impetus and that probably (sadly) involves getting rid of him 

6 minutes ago, lfu said:

Villa fans thinking (or maybe hoping) Gerrard is close to the sack, seen a few of them mention that they'd take Rodgers over him in a heartbeat

i’m actually worried about the villa situation. I don’t think they’re going to go straight for brendan, but they will certainly draw up a list of candidates that we would also want. 

It would be a close call between the 2 but one currently offers crazy money to the manager to spend  and the other doesn’t 

Cant help but feel they’ll take the guy we would want :( 

Very surprised stevie has failed tbh 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m actually worried about the villa situation. I don’t think they’re going to go straight for brendan, but they will certainly draw up a list of candidates that we would also want. 

It would be a close call between the 2 but one currently offers crazy money to the manager to spend  and the other doesn’t 

Cant help but feel they’ll take the guy we would want :( 

Very surprised stevie has failed tbh 

You can have him in a heartbeat! 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Do we think the players are still playing for him? It looks like they are, but you do wonder if any of them are thinking there not being played to their best roles or that they could be doing better under someone else? 

this might sound stupid but i think they are playing for themselves. 

Either for a move or to give them a chance of making a world cup squad, or simply because it’s in their character. 

Vardy is always going to vardy. Everyone else has external motivation 

32 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I want him to go, but I think the toxicity and personal insults around him go to far, although I don't think any manager helps themselves when they are so distant from reality.  Fans would rather he would just take the blame and just be honest, people know when someone is trying to cover their own arse.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2

A visit to the Villa forum is always fun. Posters on there gagging for a proven premier league manager, and Rodgers seems to be a favorite. He would be a popular appointment, and i reckon with the money they are splashing around he's do well there for the first season or 2. Of course, the inevitable rot will set in once he stamps his ego on things a bit more, but could Villa seriously come to our rescue here? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

A visit to the Villa forum is always fun. Posters on there gagging for a proven premier league manager, and Rodgers seems to be a favorite. He would be a popular appointment, and i reckon with the money they are splashing around he's do well there for the first season or 2. Of course, the inevitable rot will set in once he stamps his ego on things a bit more, but could Villa seriously come to our rescue here? 

My pupils dilated on reading the second sentence.

Will they be able to match the ridiculous wages we’ve given him?

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

My pupils dilated on reading the second sentence.

Will they be able to match the ridiculous wages we’ve given him?

Easy - they are desperate for success.  The only concern would be if the board there already know he's a complete fraud. 

Edited by Chelmofox