Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Area88 said:

I still have faith in BR. 

Errr, Wind up, yes?? 

Look at the league table my friend. 

(And no, I haven't 'made it up' We really only have 1 point, and I'm struggling to see where the next one comes from) 

Edited by Guppys Love Child

I've generally  been a glass half full character,  now sadly it 's not even a third full, the football is turgid to the point I'm just not enjoying what has been a passion for decades.

The excuses are transparent and contrived, the tactical decisions and lack of very frustrating but the worst for me is our soft underbelly and lack of fight is appalling.

I appreciate BRs contribution and success during his first 2 seasons and some of the football was outstanding, now its stale and gutless and time for a change before a terrible rot sets in.

Sad but inevitable LTID

I have serious doubts about Rodgers and even called for him to go at times and am still not convinced he is the right person to take us forward. 

However let's put the start of the season in a little bit of perspective. Yes the games against brentford and Southampton were awful capitulation that shouldn't happen and needs to be sorted. The Arsenal game we lost to a team who are looking in to form at the moment and have won every game so far. The Chealsea game could have been very different if the goal we scored had stood and at least we showed some fight to try and get back into it. 

We have played two of the top 6 teams in the league away from home. Yes it's not good but let's not panic yet. If after 10 games we have not improved that's the time to panic not yet. 

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I have serious doubts about Rodgers and even called for him to go at times and am still not convinced he is the right person to take us forward. 

However let's put the start of the season in a little bit of perspective. Yes the games against brentford and Southampton were awful capitulation that shouldn't happen and needs to be sorted. The Arsenal game we lost to a team who are looking in to form at the moment and have won every game so far. The Chealsea game could have been very different if the goal we scored had stood and at least we showed some fight to try and get back into it. 

We have played two of the top 6 teams in the league away from home. Yes it's not good but let's not panic yet. If after 10 games we have not improved that's the time to panic not yet. 

You’re clutching at straws there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Someone must know what’s going on, surely he’s on the brink now?

The management of this club has gone to absolute s***, how can they honestly see what’s happening and think all is fine?!

There's no way they'll ever come out and say "sorry, covid has ****ed us financially as we had no duty free shops for 2 years. We're skint and trying to balance the budget. The Seagrave training ground was a bit of a white elephant, given how things are turning out and is now a monkey on our backs. We can't afford BR's release clause and it's less costly to keep him here under contract. Fofana's money is never going to be enough to buy any PL standard players and then there's FFP to consider. Face it fans, we're between a rock and a hard place. Thanks for your loyalty. We're businessmen at the end of the day and that's how we operate. But we do love the city and it's people"

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It would genuinely be hilarious if Rodgers went to Villa and took them down lol

1% chance, if that, of it happening. But still, one can hope... 

He goes to Villa this season and gets them a top 8 finish. The worry for them will be if he would negotiated a long term contract on a high salary, as its what will be waiting for them in 3 years they should be worried about. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He goes to Villa this season and gets them a top 8 finish. The worry for them will be if he would negotiated a long term contract on a high salary, as its what will be waiting for them in 3 years they should be worried about. 

I know. 

Hence me saying '1% chance, if that...'

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Rodgers would do very well initially, whichever club he ends up at.

It’ll no doubt encourage some of his lovers here to tell the rest of us that we should’ve stuck with him

Its when Rodgers really gets his feet under his next clubs table that their fans should really start to worry 

Listening to the talk sport post Villa match on way to work all those disgruntled Villa fans wanting Gerrard out and replacing with Pochettino who wants to come back to the Premier League, if we are going to replace Rodgers with anyone at the moment Poch is the top target for me he certainly has the pedigree to take us places so if we are and LCFC are falling out with Rodgers it’s time to give Poch a call before the Vile get in before us?? :please:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Koke said:

Hahaha why do the **** do Villa fans want him? Are they not watching the garbage he's producing here

A lot of Villa fans would want Rodgers, I doubt any Leicester fan would want Gerrard.

The issue with Rodgers is everything goes south after a couple of years but he might sort Villa out for a season or two.  A better appointment would be Potter if they could get him, or Pochettino if they could attract him. Neither would come here at the moment though.

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Listening to the talk sport post Villa match on way to work all those disgruntled Villa fans wanting Gerrard out and replacing with Pochettino who wants to come back to the Premier League, if we are going to replace Rodgers with anyone at the moment Poch is the top target for me he certainly has the pedigree to take us places so if we are and LCFC are falling out with Rodgers it’s time to give Poch a call before the Vile get in before us?? :please:

Poch is the only available manager right now I'd say is a step up. Yet I doubt he would come here after the season we're having and the history of the title winning season. 

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Can I just remind you all that a prem manager has NEVER been bought out of contract during the season to another prem club.

So people hoping villa will buy out Brendan and we will buy out potter/Frank are deluding themselves

We have to sack him or he has to walk there’s no transfer fee for managers at the min, maybe in the future it’ll probably happen according to Simon Jordan !