Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, gazzaa2 said:

A lot of Villa fans would want Rodgers, I doubt any Leicester fan would want Gerrard.

The issue with Rodgers is everything goes south after a couple of years but he might sort Villa out for a season or two.  A better appointment would be Potter if they could get him, or Pochettino if they could attract him. Neither would come here at the moment though.

He may get them good results for a season or two but they will be left in a worse state before he arrived 

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Poch is the only available manager right now I'd say is a step up. Yet I doubt he would come here after the season we're having and the history of the title winning season. 

Give him a chance and funds for January who knows??

Just now, justfoxes said:

We have to sack him or he has to walk there’s no transfer fee for managers at the min, maybe in the future it’ll probably happen according to Simon Jordan !

Would you walk away from a remaining 10m contract only to earn the same amount at another club. Or would you wait to be sacked, get paid the full amount and THEN join another club for the same money? 

0% he walks 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

If Rodgers was remotely backed in the past 11 months I’d agree, but he knows this squad ain’t good enough, his best player being sold with no additions or anything to work with, putting this solely on Rodgers is unbelievably harsh 

WTF you on about! 

5 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Can I just remind you all that a prem manager has NEVER been bought out of contract during the season to another prem club.

So people hoping villa will buy out Brendan and we will buy out potter/Frank are deluding themselves

Owen Coyle went from Burnley to Bolton, Steve Bruce went from Birmingham to Wigan, Redknapp went from Portsmouth to Spurs, Souness Blackburn to Newcastle. So that's incorrect.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

4 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

If Rodgers was remotely backed in the past 11 months I’d agree, but he knows this squad ain’t good enough, his best player being sold with no additions or anything to work with, putting this solely on Rodgers is unbelievably harsh 

When he had money he pretty much wasted it so… 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Owen Coyle went from Burnley to Bolton, Steve Bruce went from Birmingham to Wigan, Redknapp went from Portsmouth to Spurs, Souness Blackburn to Newcastle. So that's incorrect

Sacked and joined, or bought out in the OFF season

It's never happened during and within the prem season like how we got Brendan from celtic

14 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Listening to the talk sport post Villa match on way to work all those disgruntled Villa fans wanting Gerrard out and replacing with Pochettino who wants to come back to the Premier League, if we are going to replace Rodgers with anyone at the moment Poch is the top target for me he certainly has the pedigree to take us places so if we are and LCFC are falling out with Rodgers it’s time to give Poch a call before the Vile get in before us?? :please:

Poch wouldn't come here at the moment, even Potter wouldn't leave Brighton for us.  I'm not even convinced Frank would leave Brentford for us either.  Our stock has fallen dramatically this summer.  We are seen as a club with little money and waning ambition, whether that be the case or not, it's how we  are  being seen from the outside.  Much as it pains me to say it, I think Dyche is about as good as we will currently be able to attract.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Can I just remind you all that a prem manager has NEVER been bought out of contract during the season to another prem club.

So people hoping villa will buy out Brendan and we will buy out potter/Frank are deluding themselves

Owen Coyle? Joined in the January mid season 

Screenshot_20220828-184435_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by slymunn
Added article
  • Like 2

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

It's never happened during and within the prem season like how we got Brendan from celtic

Those are all examples of moves happening during the season where a club got compensation for their manager.

7 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

How was he not backed last summer?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Redknapp from Portsmouth to Spurs? Coyle quit Burnley to move to Bolton. Didn't Bruce get his contract bought out to move from Birmingham to Wigan. Sure there's probably more.

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

Redknapp from Portsmouth to Spurs? Coyle quit Burnley to move to Bolton. Didn't Bruce get his contract bought out to move from Birmingham to Wigan. Sure there's probably more.

I mentioned Souness to Newcastle as well, granted it's not common but it does happen.

17 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

11 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

First one off the top of my head is Pardew, Newcastle to Palace.

On 29 December 2014, after the dismissal of Neil Warnock, Pardew was given permission to talk to Crystal Palace on the club's managerial vacancy, with compensation agreed.[81] A day later, John Carver assumed first-team managerial duties, with Pardew absent from training.

On 3 January 2015, Pardew was confirmed as the new Crystal Palace manager, signing a three-and-a-half-year contract with the club after a compensation package of £3.5 million was agreed.

But i'm sure there are many others, i'm not sure where you've got that mythical stat from?

Edited by Matt

15 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Didn’t Villa do that with Little ? Mid season.

I’m sure Redknapp was another - to Spurs ?

Must be a few more examples I can’t think of

25 minutes ago, Parafox said:

There's no way they'll ever come out and say "sorry, covid has ****ed us financially as we had no duty free shops for 2 years. We're skint and trying to balance the budget. The Seagrave training ground was a bit of a white elephant, given how things are turning out and is now a monkey on our backs. We can't afford BR's release clause and it's less costly to keep him here under contract. Fofana's money is never going to be enough to buy any PL standard players and then there's FFP to consider. Face it fans, we're between a rock and a hard place. Thanks for your loyalty. We're businessmen at the end of the day and that's how we operate. But we do love the city and it's people"

What’s worse, finding the money to sack Brendan and get a replacement manager in… or getting relegated? I know they aren’t flush with cash but it doesn’t help with the mixed messaging around funds… we do have funds, we don’t have funds.. which is it?

Very real prospect of getting relegated, going to be struggling even more with cash flow if that happens. 

6 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

What’s worse, finding the money to sack Brendan and get a replacement manager in… or getting relegated? I know they aren’t flush with cash but it doesn’t help with the mixed messaging around funds… we do have funds, we don’t have funds.. which is it?

Very real prospect of getting relegated, going to be struggling even more with cash flow if that happens. 

No guarantees that incoming manager can turn things around so double whammy .

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Getting relegated is an uncertain outcome. It's not a defined outcome nor is it a real prospect at this stage. No-one knows what will happen in the future. It's a gamble. You have to decide when to hold and when to fold and when to open your hand. And that depends on so many aspects. We don't know the inner thoughts of the Thai's. Only they know what the stakes are and what they see for the club going forward. They're the investors and owners. Ultimately they are extremely successful in business and LCFC like any other PL club, is a business. Profit and loss. They'll know what's financially worse in terms of paying/sacking BR vs relegation. I believe that they believe we won't be relegated. There's a long way to go. It's frankly scandalous that FT posters are writing us off so soon. I get the frustration and I feel it too but c'mon.

• Like 2