Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

When Fofana leaves we could have a decent kitty for new players of around 50-60M. Can't see Villa having that much and his appointment may even convince Youri to stay. Stranger things have happened like Ancelotti going to Everton.

By the time he gets to spend any of that money it will be January and we could potentially be still around the bottom 3. I think we will be ok but I don’t think he will look at us and villa and think it’s something that he will be after 

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Easy - they are desperate for success.  The only concern would be if the board there already know he's a complete fraud. 

He’s not a fraud. He’s just shit after two seasons

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's publicly said he has the final say on ALL signings. 

Fantastic scouting with Brendan Rodgers having the final say. It’s the equivalent of when Barnes, a few seasons back, used to run into a fantastic position only to casually float the ball over the goal.

I think this season the scouts said to their boss, “So what are our targets for this summer?” And were told “Ibiza, you lads like Ibiza? I hear it’s great in the summer. Relax a bit. No need to overdo it here this summer.”

Edited by Foxxed

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In some ways he's brought this on himself with Congerton and English. Had it all his own way, we've started to fall apart and his staff took the hit. 

What I would say though is, I don't see how any change to the control Rodgers has creates an environment that he will  thrive in as he'll be severely pissed off and lost motivation. So we're just going through the motions of a regime the club no longer trust and in which case should find someone new but instead we have to wait for the inevitable, however long that will be.

We're wasting time, he's done for here.

This exactly. We are coming across amateurish, yet again. This board has done a lot of good but when they get it wrong, they get it wrong hard. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TeaMen Tom said:

The problem wth Poch is one 3 game win streak and he'll be linked with whichever big 6 team is struggling. And if he does do a decent job he'll be gone before the next season starts.

...you can't be afraid of success, it would mean that he has taken us up the league and have us in a good position!!!

Pochettino is a bit of a nearly man though, he has a history.

Guest itude

Oddschecker  

"

After a disappointing start to the season, odds for Brendan Rodgers to be the next manager to leave have shortened. Who is among the favourites to replace him?

After Leicester’s third successive defeat against Chelsea, and a severe lack of inbound activity in the transfer window, Brendan Rodgers is currently the favourite to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post. He is currently best priced odds of 8/13 to leave the Foxes."

6 minutes ago, itude said:

That would be a nice wake up pressie :)

...I think the bookies are looking to cover themselves, after the flurry of bets last week!!!

Steven Gérard would be the better bet @ 6/1. With pundits driving the crowds reaction, it would be very more likely  as opposed to Rodgers, whom the press fail to acknowledge is under pressure from his club's own fanbase.

39 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Needs to be at least 1/6 to signal the end is actually happening, his odds are drifting at moment which suggests that is nothing imminent, let’s hope there is some breaking news in the morning 

I’m just hoping they announce and welcoming a vote of confidence because ironically that usually signifies the end is near.