Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Which suggests are team / squad isn’t good enough?

Being bottom of the table, the FFP issue with an overloaded squad, the lack of time to bring in new players even if there was space... I could go on. 

And it's "our team" not "are team", btw. 

Edited by Flappit

Teams do tend to improve once Brendan leaves. After a period of the new man clearing up the mess left behind. Liverpool, Celtic and Reading are good examples. Celtic are not only winning their league but also now competing in Europe - something he couldn’t do. Watford, where he left early improved to a playoff/promoted team after he left. Swansea got top 8 finishes after he left and won a cup - maybe something he could’ve done. 

Hopefully, there is light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Teams do tend to improve once Brendan leaves. After a period of the new man clearing up the mess left behind. Liverpool, Celtic and Reading are good examples. Celtic are not obligated winning their league but also now competing in Europe - something he couldn’t do. Watford, where he left early improved to a playoff/promoted team after he left. Swansea got top 8 finishes after he left and won a cup - maybe something he could’ve done. 

Hopefully, there is light at the end of this dark tunnel.

A little off topic but I would hardly say that Celtic are now competing in Europe since his departure...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Must be a few more examples I can’t think of

Silva from Watford to Everton. Kind of. Everton spoke to him in November without permission. He was eventually let go in January and Everton Signed him up and were made to pay £4m compensation to Watford. 

2 minutes ago, Flappit said:

So are our ITK's not actually that ITK? I get that transfers are a roller-coaster of variables that can lead to it not happening, but removal of an incumbent manager seems to be a bit more binary. 

He’s actually been sacked but he just keeps turning up and every time its been raised with him he pretends it never happened.

• Haha 1

Was hoping we’d wake up to something like this, this morning, obviously nothing happened then but the dreaded vote of confidence can’t be far away, surely? 

Tbh I question what’s actually changed to secure his position, since that article:

We’ve played 19 games.

Winning 7 - Of which came against 3 relegated teams, the other 4 were bottom half finishers (12th, 13th, 15th and 17th)

We’ve drawn 5.

Losing 7.

Injuries are still occurring and reoccurring, recruitment well who knows what's going on there, that's as much on the club - that said I can understand why they'd not want him involved with it. Most importantly to me personally is style of play is still as ineffective as ever.

Edited by Matt

5 hours ago, Jaspa said:

His odds have actually stretched as Gerrard has closed in, Brenny over evens now from 1.57 at the end of Saturday.

Whatever happens the bookies will end up making money, that's what they do.

I reckon Gerrard will go first. Which could work out well for us in the long term. Would be great to hurry it up a bit 

Edited by BeaumontFox

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Injuries and recruitment seen as major reasons......and the inept, pedestrian tactics he insists on sticking with despite it clearly not working for the last 2 years......

That post was from February mate. Different situation now.

17 minutes ago, BeaumontFox said:

That post was from February mate. Different situation now.

Is it?

The recruitment is perhaps more out of his control, more on the club but could you blame them for wanting to take back control and him having less input.

Injuries are still happening - with less games.

And we've not improved results, let alone playing style.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Is it?

The recruitment is perhaps more out of his control, more on the club but could you blame them for wanting to take back control and him having less input.

Injuries are still happening - with less games.

And we've not improved results, let alone playing style.

I mean it’s worse now. Chill Winston.

Edited by BeaumontFox
  • Like 1

Does the bloke have no shame??? Why has he not resigned?  He is trying to get the sack and as a result our club gets relegated and potential financial disaster. Brendan you are rich! Do the honourable thing and walk!

you may get The pay off you are so desperate for but you will have the blood of our club on you’re hands! Not that you care as think you are better than us!

charlatan!!!

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Does the bloke have no shame??? Why has he not resigned?  He is trying to get the sack and as a result our club gets relegated and potential financial disaster. Brendan you are rich! Do the honourable thing and walk!

you may get The pay off you are so desperate for but you will have the blood of our club on you’re hands! Not that you care as think you are better than us!

charlatan!!!

Would you resign if you knew you could wait a few more months and get £25m for nothing?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BeaumontFox said:

Would you resign if you knew you could wait a few more months and get £25m for nothing?

If I was already very wealthy and taking Leicester City down, yes!

the fact he wants the pay off if he is sacked is perhaps understandable.

the fact he is trying to get the sack at our expensive is disgusting.

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, just nor realistic to expect Rodgers to walk and leave that money on the table.  No one had a gun to their heads and forced them to offer that insane contract - he was smart enough to sucker the club and I'm sure he sees that massive payout as his just reward.

6 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

charlatan!!!

What? I understand he might resign for his reputation but money doesn't come into it.

No manager wants to get sacked.

Also he's not really a "charlatan" is he considering he has delivered for us in the past.

FFS some posts on here are unreal.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if this has been said, but we’re clearly not sacking Rodgers before the transfer deadline, which would give a new manager chance to bring in players etc. So we could be in a situation in a months time where he goes and a new manager comes in and we’ve missed the chance at giving him any initial opportunity to get in his players.

It seems like they’re going all in on Rodgers being able to turn it around.

My sackometer has now for the first time swung meekly in the direction of sack him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Honestly, just nor realistic to expect Rodgers to walk and leave that money on the table.  No one had a gun to their heads and forced them to offer that insane contract - he was smart enough to sucker the club and I'm sure he sees that massive payout as his just reward.

Or. wait a minute, the club were idiots to offer it him. They gave him a new contract on the back of half a season. Why would he not accept it? Especially for improved wages, we'd all do it at work.

Our board is a joke, Top right down, but nobody says that. It's Rodgers fault because "he was smart enough to sucker the club". Club are at fault here. Board are to blame as much as Rodgers for the mess we're in now.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What? I understand he might resign for his reputation but money doesn't come into it.

No manager wants to get sacked.

Also he's not really a "charlatan" is he considering he has delivered for us in the past.

FFS some posts on here are unreal.

He is the definition of a charlatan!!

clearly has has you under his spell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Or. wait a minute, the club were idiots to offer it him. They gave him a new contract on the back of half a season. Why would he not accept it? Especially for improved wages, we'd all do it at work.

Our board is a joke, Top right down, but nobody says that. It's Rodgers fault because "he was smart enough to sucker the club". Club are at fault here. Board are to blame as much as Rodgers for the mess we're in now.

How do you read "he was smart enough to sucker the club" and get that I'm blaming Rodgers and not the board?