Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Get the money and run.

I dont think for one minute it will be his last significant injury, not that I'd wish it upon anyone.

He'll do a job for a Chelsea,  no doubt, but I still question if he will be the 'Best Defender in the world'.

8 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

If I was already very wealthy and taking Leicester City down, yes!

the fact he wants the pay off if he is sacked is perhaps understandable.

the fact he is trying to get the sack at our expensive is disgusting.

Even the wealthy like more money 

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

He is the definition of a charlatan!!

clearly has has you under his spell

Clearly we have different definitions.

A manager that has won us the FA Cup isn't a charlatan. My definition of a charlatan is the current prime minister.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

How do you read "he was smart enough to sucker the club" and get that I'm blaming Rodgers and not the board?

Sorry I might have got the wrong end of the stick there.

My point still remains but possibly didn't mean to aim it at you.

8 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

And with the manager merry - go  - round he will be back in a job within weeks of he chooses too. Win Win for Rodgers. Maybe gardening leave is the only present option.

18 minutes ago, BeaumontFox said:

Would you resign if you knew you could wait a few more months and get £25m for nothing?

...not sure why people continue with this whole contract pay off!!

As I  have said before, Moyes walked away with £5m after 10 months of his 6 year contract. 

We are not going to pay up his whole contract when he goes.

49 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Injuries and recruitment seen as major reasons......and the inept, pedestrian tactics he insists on sticking with despite it clearly not working for the last 2 years......

That tweet is from February.

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

He would. Really sad how the second half of his career here has gone. Hard to believe it's the same manager sometimes.

Same with Ranieri as well..

They are about equal now win percentage as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

He would. Really sad how the second half of his career here has gone. Hard to believe it's the same manager sometimes.

I think most managers have a shelf life.

Never understand any club that gives a manager more then a 3 year contract.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

He’s excellent at stretching that new manager bounce out.

I think it’s more that he has that Bielsa/Mourinho thing where he can get people to play out their skin before a couple of seasons before it physically and mentally takes its toll and they lose their intensity and injuries pile up. Remember an interview with Patrick Bamford on the Peter Crouch podcast talking about how intense Bielsa’s training methods were, they’d end up throwing up every day after training most days when he first started, that’s what you have to do to compete these days, it isn’t really sustainable long term without damaging players’ bodies and mindsets

It’s pretty common in the modern game given the high levels of intensity needed, most managers can only get their players to keep it up realistically for a couple of years. 

Will be the same with Howe at Newcastle as it was with him at Bournemouth or Conte at Spurs as it was with him at Chelsea

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Seriously? 😁

He is under contract, the same contract that protects us had another team came in when he was actually performing.

He is well within his rights to not resign.

Trying to get the sack? 

This is professional football, where careers are based off success. As if he would try to get the sack, putting off future suitors. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Mate, I think you're talking WKRP. 

He's not actively trying to be sacked, he's just run his course and it's time for him to move on. 

• Like 1

His stupid ideas that Vardy should not chase balls down and concentrate on being in the box irritates me. Surely vardy or any forward running into channels down the line etc... is vital. Rather he do this and be subbed after 60 mins than have basically nothing to do. Almost like playing with 10 men. Not Vardys fault he hardly touches the ball

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saigon Fox said:

Mate, I think you're talking WKRP. 

He's not actively trying to be sacked, he's just run his course and it's time for him to move on. 

Look at his team selections and subs this season! Either trying to get sacked or has lost all concept of reality. Everything is so random.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Would you walk away from a remaining 10m contract only to earn the same amount at another club. Or would you wait to be sacked, get paid the full amount and THEN join another club for the same money? 

0% he walks 

He won’t walk I was stating the two options