Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Should never have lost against 10 men. Forget the matches against Man U and Spuds.

I fully expect the following

Brighton 1

Villa 3

Forest 3

So... 7 points up to after Forest.  AND a win against Forest. Or he can **** OFF

Forest are currently still signing players, all we’ve done is sell. Wouldn’t be too confident in those 3 points yet mate.

55 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Seriously? 😁

He is under contract, the same contract that protects us had another team came in when he was actually performing.

He is well within his rights to not resign.

Trying to get the sack? 

This is professional football, where careers are based off success. As if he would try to get the sack, putting off future suitors. 

....just take a look at the narrative in the media, so far as they are concerned, our club is holding him back and he is better than Leicester City!!!

No pressure coming from the media, as opposed to Gerrard who is on "suicide watch."

Him leaving us now whether it is by mutual consent or being dismissed will make little impact out there, he has made himself "future proof,"

My fear is that we keep him so long that the mood in the team and club is so poor that we can’t lift ourselves up from the bottom of the league, and we look in such a bad state that no manager wants to come.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Look at his team selections and subs this season! Either trying to get sacked or has lost all concept of reality. Everything is so random.

He's just going through a bad spell. Or he's at a point where he doesn't know what to do.

All managers in the same situation do the same thing. Pearson was trying every random thing when we were bottom of the PL.

This is where you see the true side of a good manager. Rodgers needs to show he can turn it around. He hasn't experienced this at the club before.

33 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Should never have lost against 10 men. Forget the matches against Man U and Spuds.

I fully expect the following

Brighton 1

Villa 3

Forest 3

So... 7 points up to after Forest.  AND a win against Forest. Or he can **** OFF

I said, prior to the season, starting that we wouldn't take anything from our first 5 away games and I still believe that. We won't get anything at Brighton.

Villa will be the big game, yes potentially for both managers, but our focus is on Rodgers and Leicester City. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's just going through a bad spell. Or he's at a point where he doesn't know what to do.

All managers in the same situation do the same thing. Pearson was trying every random thing when we were bottom of the PL.

This is where you see the true side of a good manager. Rodgers needs to show he can turn it around. He hasn't experienced this at the club before.

We've gone way beyond this point. The whole of this calendar year has been a disaster, results and football quality wise. He is incapable of turning it round on the evidence to date. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We've gone way beyond this point. The whole of this calendar year has been a disaster, results and football quality wise. He is incapable of turning it round on the evidence to date. 

I cannot argue with this. My point was that he's not trying to get sacked or whatever that ridiculous post said.

58 minutes ago, Claridge said:

His stupid ideas that Vardy should not chase balls down and concentrate on being in the box irritates me. Surely vardy or any forward running into channels down the line etc... is vital. Rather he do this and be subbed after 60 mins than have basically nothing to do. Almost like playing with 10 men. Not Vardys fault he hardly touches the ball

Vardy should have scored two on Saturday. Rodgers can't convert these chances himself.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy should have scored two on Saturday. Rodgers can't convert these chances himself.

True enough but the reasons most want him gone, and why a number of first teamers want a transfer out, aren’t isolated to one match. It’s the pattern of team and player management, tactics, style, substitutions, transfers, excuses and injuries. And those were bad before but have deteriorated so significantly lately that not only to fans want him gone but are worried about their club.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

....very unlike Vardy to miss those, although he had a spell where he struggled to convert whilst Nacho was scoring regularly!!!

I think Vardy running around makes him alert to chances and he reacts differently to chances where he is not "fully warmed up."

29 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

My fear is that we keep him so long that the mood in the team and club is so poor that we can’t lift ourselves up from the bottom of the league, and we look in such a bad state that no manager wants to come.

AKA Everton

Edited by TK95

As much as our lost to Chelsea was pathetic, with too many defensive lapses, I applaud Rodgers for finally dropping Ndidi who was in need of dropping. Praet and Soumare did not play well, but it was their first game together so we should give them a break. We really need to fix our defense and yes I agree Soy would be better than Amartey at CB though at the same time I would prefer Amartey over Castagne who has been poor defensively as well at RB.

Next on my wishlist is for Rodgers to finally pick Nachos to start.

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I just fail to see why anybody would take BR on after he leaves Leicester.

He has had one of the most exciting group of players in the league and has failed miserably to do alot with them.

Players aren't the problem, his style of play, management and tactics are and they will follow him around wherever he goes. Ask Celtic. Why would anybody want to take that on now?

I agree with this from the unique perspective we have as LCFC fans. We know the players and their capabilities better than most of the media that haven’t immersed themselves in the club… so we can see him bizarrely taking them backwards. 

I’m getting ever more hopeful that the narrative he’s fed the media for months now - we need a rebuild, club has no funds - will make him a target for Villa who know they have the funds! 

26 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I just fail to see why anybody would take BR on after he leaves Leicester.

He has had one of the most exciting group of players in the league and has failed miserably to do alot with them.

Players aren't the problem, his style of play, management and tactics are and they will follow him around wherever he goes. Ask Celtic. Why would anybody want to take that on now?

Go to the Villa forums. The general feeling is Leicester are the problem and not Rodgers. Brand Rodgers still very much exists out there.  

Well Villa can have him. I think almost every fan would happily drive him there. Although not publicly, I think most of our players would breathe a sigh of relief. It must be incredibly suffocating playing under him.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Go to the Villa forums. The general feeling is Leicester are the problem and not Rodgers. Brand Rodgers still very much exists out there.  

I did - the Steven Gerrard thead on the VillaTalk forum is similar in many ways to this one!

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

As much as our lost to Chelsea was pathetic, with too many defensive lapses, I applaud Rodgers for finally dropping Ndidi who was in need of dropping. Praet and Soumare did not play well, but it was their first game together so we should give them a break. We really need to fix our defense and yes I agree Soy would be better than Amartey at CB though at the same time I would prefer Amartey over Castagne who has been poor defensively as well at RB.

Next on my wishlist is for Rodgers to finally pick Nachos to start.

....totally agree, if you have to have someone playing the role which Ndidi is presently being asked to do, then drop Ndidi, go and find someone else!!!

Castagne is one of our better defenders, better than Amartey, and if he is deteriorating then it is symptomatic of what is happening within the squad.

• Like 1

Here's one for you, Nice sack Favre after a poor start to the season and Jim Radcliffe thinks the club need a British coach to compliment the contingent of players that have been signed from the PL.

Brendan to Nice. Oh yes please

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's one for you, Nice sack Favre after a poor start to the season and Jim Radcliffe thinks the club need a British coach to compliment the contingent of players that have been signed from the PL.

Brendan to Nice. Oh yes please

Nice to see you, to see you nice 👌🏻 

• Haha 3