Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's one for you, Nice sack Favre after a poor start to the season and Jim Radcliffe thinks the club need a British coach to compliment the contingent of players that have been signed from the PL.

Brendan to Nice. Oh yes please

And we get Schmeichel back? Unreal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's one for you, Nice sack Favre after a poor start to the season and Jim Radcliffe thinks the club need a British coach to compliment the contingent of players that have been signed from the PL.

Brendan to Nice. Oh yes please

He would love that - imagine that £100k smile with a guaranteed tan 

and Mrs rodgers would enjoy living down there too 

I will continue to judge how secure he feels in his post based on whether mrs rodgers is at home games with the kids. 

the likelihood of a defeat and boos on Thursday evening (plus the timing) means I exclude attendance at the United game as being indicative. 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

He would love that - imagine that £100k smile with a guaranteed tan 

and Mrs rodgers would enjoy living down there too 

I will continue to judge how secure he feels in his post based on whether mrs rodgers is at home games with the kids

the likelihood of a defeat and boos on Thursday evening (plus the timing) means I exclude attendance at the United game as being indicative. 

Probably not given the family moved back to the North West 12 months ago from Leicestershire as they felt they were too far from her extended family 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Probably not given the family moved back to the North West 12 months ago from Leicestershire as they felt they were too far from her extended family 

Comparing leics (and Cheshire where they’ve likely ended up? ) to the French Riviera ? 

when compiling your positives and negatives, there is a whole lot extra coming into the positive column 

point taken about evening games but I effectively made that anyway re the children 

it’s not overly serious but it is relevant imo.  A man who feels so under pressure about his position will not encourage his wife and kids to be at games.  That pressure comes from both supporters and the board. Once he feels the heat from the board I doubt we see her sitting three rows behind rudkin. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Selling Fofana will fund his sacking providing we spend less than half of it in the next 2 and a half days.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

@Bertintimitated that we have separate funds for his sacking?

Any club, in fact any business that is run correctly, would have a seperate fund for contracts. They would have an account with the funds available to pay out any contracts that need paying out.

Football clubs are not always run well, hence you get the point where players wages haven’t been paid etc.

I do feel though with our owners who are business people first, they would have these funds secured.

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Five Live again talking about the hit to Rodgers' reputation over everything which confirms that the lack of transfer activity is overshadowing his repeated coaching failings and that the next manager will hopefully not have a reputation to protect and a PR machine whirring behind him.

Why doesn’t anyone bother to phone in and correct them live on air?

If it’s because you’ll be talking to the likes of Sutton and Savage then I totally understand. It’d be a total waste of time having them pair talk over you. They’ve made that radio station as bad as Talksport. Alan Green on 606 used to be superb. 

10 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Why doesn’t anyone bother to phone in and correct them live on air?

If it’s because you’ll be talking to the likes of Sutton and Savage then I totally understand. It’d be a total waste of time having them pair talk over you. They’ve made that radio station as bad as Talksport. Alan Green on 606 used to be superb. 

If I want to talk to someone who makes no sense, I'd talk to the wife.

Saves money on the call.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Just went back and watched a bit of the talk we did with him at work in October, just to double check that my memory of what he said about recruitment was correct.

"Jon Rudkin, Lee Congerton and myself will look at targets."

"I have the first say on the player, the last say and a little bit in between. The club will never bring in a player that I wouldn't want here."

So for those people claiming that recruitment isn't his fault and that we can't apportion any blame towards him, there you are.

Of course it's not all his fault, there are plenty of people involved in the process, but he has a pretty strong influence judging by those comments.

I wonder if anything has changed given Congerton has gone/going and a new head of recruitment is going to be hired? As in, would the new guy (Glover, when he actually does arrive) be comfortable with it or is there more balance in power with him arriving? 

35 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

@Bertintimitated that we have separate funds for his sacking?

It should already be accounted for….

Whether he sees his contract out or gets sacked that money doesn’t change. 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I wonder if anything has changed given Congerton has gone/going and a new head of recruitment is going to be hired? As in, would the new guy (Glover, when he actually does arrive) be comfortable with it or is there more balance in power with him arriving? 

Things may well have changed since since Congerton left. Let's hope so.

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

It should already be accounted for….

Whether he sees his contract out or gets sacked that money doesn’t change. 

True but it accelerates the rate at which we write it off against our P&L - which would affect our profit or loss for this year.

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Parker sacked. They are above us 

Yeah, because they beat Villa! This news is almost taunting Villa fans this morning. They are going to lose their shit soon if Gerard doesn't get the boot.

• Haha 1