Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

If Rodgers hasn't gone now he isn't going this season , think we need to accept that 

He’ll go if the board is convinced it’s the only way to avoid relegation.  The problem is they may not be convinced until it’s too late.

I reckon we'll see Rodgers  "walk" on Friday morning after another loss and feeling he's taken the club as far as he can given the limited resources available and lack of backing from the board.

In reality it'll be a mutual termination type of deal. Jon Rudkin And Mike Stowell dream team to manage the game against Brighton and then Villa which will Rodgers first game in charge as Villa manager.

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

If Rodgers hasn't gone now he isn't going this season , think we need to accept that 

He will go. There is nothing left for him and he is going through the motions. Its just a matter of getting the timing right.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Just went back and watched a bit of the talk we did with him at work in October, just to double check that my memory of what he said about recruitment was correct.

"Jon Rudkin, Lee Congerton and myself will look at targets."

"I have the first say on the player, the last say and a little bit in between. The club will never bring in a player that I wouldn't want here."

So for those people claiming that recruitment isn't his fault and that we can't apportion any blame towards him, there you are.

Of course it's not all his fault, there are plenty of people involved in the process, but he has a pretty strong influence judging by those comments.

...I  do recall him saying these things, but was unable to find the statement!!!

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The obsession with people saying we can't afford to sack him.

You literally just stick him on garden leave and carry on paying him monthly until he get a job, it happens all the time. 

He has a huge garden though, suspect it takes him 4 years just to mow the lawn.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Crazy Bournemouth have played Man City (a), Liverpool (a), Arsenal (h) and Villa (h) and they have 3 points.

What did they expect. 

The statement regarding the sacking indicated its not results driven and more of a fall out with the board. 

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The obsession with people saying we can't afford to sack him.

You literally just stick him on garden leave and carry on paying him monthly until he get a job, it happens all the time. 

The problem is that we wouldnt be able to afford a replacement because of how much Rodgers is on. The club are absolutely desperate to avoid spending more than they have too and they can't justify paying Rodgers 10m a year and someone else 5m a year. I mean they are unwilling to sign players and leave Papy Mendy out the squad. 

39 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Get him in, anyone but Brendan!

No. His fashion sense is stuck in 2008 so that means his methods will be too. We've had enough of out of date managers.

• Haha 1

Just now, adejo92 said:

Okay, so...

You've got the opportunity for a 1 on 1 chat with Brendan Rodgers and you're allowed to make 5 suggestions.

What would they be.

(Serious answers only...)

I only have one:

Hand your resignation in

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Okay, so...

You've got the opportunity for a 1 on 1 chat with Brendan Rodgers and you're allowed to make 5 suggestions.

What would they be.

(Serious answers only...)

I’d only make one

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He has a huge garden though, suspect it takes him 4 years just to mow the lawn.

To a normal sized person his garden looks average sized, he’s just short.

Either that or he’s writing in his notebook what he remembered from Charlie Dimmock back in the day.

• Haha 2