Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Everton, Brighton, Villa, Brentford, Arsenal, Spurs and Watford are above us, really? There's absolutely plenty there to be working with compared with that lot. Have they got any injuries by the way? No excuses, we've got a strong talented squad this season, depends on what you do with them.

We're 6 games in lol You're not seriously looking at the table too much yet are you? 

Good starts are good sure, but teams often fall away as much as teams rise. 

Check where Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham were in November last year  and compare to where they finished. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We're 6 games in lol You're not seriously looking at the table too much yet are you? 

Good starts are good sure, but teams often fall away as much as teams rise. 

Check where Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham were in November last year  and compare to where they finished. 

Not taking the positions serious yet no, but what I'm saying is that with our squad compared with those and others, we can't start making excuses on the grounds of players available to us because we have plenty of strength in depth to choose from. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Not taking the positions serious yet no, but what I'm saying is that with our squad compared with those and others, we can't start making excuses on the grounds of players available to us because we have plenty of strength in depth to choose from. 

That in depth squad has Not yet been tested..it takes over ca. 10 games before a normal, Problem free squad can be judged, for a Club that over a year,

has not had the possibility to Field in more than 2 occasional the same side,which means also,

Rodgers/or any manager would find it impossible to Build a consistent Rythm or team- playing-character...

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

That in depth squad has Not yet been tested..it takes over ca. 10 games before a normal, Problem free squad can be judged, for a Club that over a year,

has not had the possibility to Field in more than 2 occasional the same side,which means also,

Rodgers/or any manager would find it impossible to Build a consistent Rythm or team- playing-character...

By in depth I mean that there's been better players than Perez and an out of form Maddison to choose from. They don't have to be played because our squad is thin and they have to be played. Their inclusion has been by managerial choice as opposed to a need like last year through injury for example. There has also always been strength on the bench as an available option when things haven't been going well. 

• Like 1

This isn’t a reaction to just going a goal down. I honestly think we need a change of manager… the football we’re watching is just awful. It’s boring. Zero creativity. 

I want to see a squad of this quality really attacking the opposition. I’d love to see what Bielsa could do with this squad

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

By in depth I mean that there's been better players than Perez and an out of form Maddison to choose from. They don't have to be played because our squad is thin and they have to be played. Their inclusion has been by managerial choice as opposed to a need like last year through injury for example. There has also always been strength on the bench as an available option when things haven't been going well. 

We had,had only 3-4 games ,Rodgers must give Maddison Time to see if he could find his form...Perez or still in the mind of the manager, and played him

slightly different "this" season...where he played quite well....Individual fans thoughts, doesn't Cover across the terrasses,so because a few koan After Another

Successful season, puts more the Fans who spend more Time chasing every little seemingly contradictive selection/formation idea...

That is poor form, & lacks forethought, that a Team manager has to have,where he must consider that old adhege.."the bigger picture",

Too many fans willing Top Early  to press the trigger, on every fking issue,every week....IMO its becoming Stale & boring, they have no longer any essence

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

Let's get real season was over the moment little Wes got injured. That plus Evans long term problems have screwed us.

Those injuries haven’t made us shocking offensively. They obviously haven’t helped by we’ve been awful going through forward for a long while now

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We had,had only 3-4 games ,Rodgers must give Maddison Time to see if he could find his form...Perez or still in the mind of the manager, and played him

slightly different "this" season...where he played quite well....Individual fans thoughts, doesn't Cover across the terrasses,so because a few koan After Another

Successful season, puts more the Fans who spend more Time chasing every little seemingly contradictive selection/formation idea...

That is poor form, & lacks forethought, that a Team manager has to have,where he must consider that old adhege.."the bigger picture",

Too many fans willing Top Early  to press the trigger, on every fking issue,every week....IMO its becoming Stale & boring, they have no longer any essence

How many years does Rodgers need to know that Perez isn't good enough? Have we really not got better on the bench?

Tonight's initial team and tactics against a poor side is yet again turning into another shit show and again, in picking Perez, there's an obvious waste of a sub. Whilst I do take your point re Maddison, particularly following injury, then perhaps a slower introduction may have been more appropriate?

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

How many years does Rodgers need to know that Perez isn't good enough? Have we really not got better on the bench?

Tonight's initial team and tactics against a poor side is yet again turning into another shit show and again, in picking Perez, there's an obvious waste of a sub. Whilst I do take your point re Maddison, particularly following injury, then perhaps a slower introduction may have been more appropriate?

Maddison, it takes a few games to see if a star  player can click...

Legia are Not a poor European side, Plus this season we havent yet proved we are any better,  Posting & hoping, then criticising, doesn't prove FA...

We are in this Part of the season as Good as the players actually perform.The weakness of our Defence is not helping the Front 6...That

Ist frustrating, Bit put Team is at this Moment very average due to many things,

Its football,I would rather support,instead of going on the warpath every day & week...

Edited by fuchsntf

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It’s our defence. It’s weak. I’ve been saying it’s weak for a long time now.

We‘ll score goals with this team, but we’ll concede too many as well 

Without Evans back any time soon, we’ll end up mid table 

Totally agree atm we look like spuds of the 90's. Stop us scoring and you win. Seems anyone can score against us.

Classic Brian Clough comment about his playing days at Middlesbrough.

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Maddison, it takes a few games to see if a star  player can click...

Legia are Not a poor European side, Plus this season we havent yet proved we are any better,  Posting & hoping, then criticising, doesn't prove FA...

We are in this Part of the season as Good as the players actually perform.The weakness of our Defence is not helping the Front 6...That

Ist frustrating, Bit put Team is at this Moment very average due to many things,

Its football,I would rather support,instead of going on the warpath every day & week...

So currently, with questions about all of the 3 centre halves fielded, why compound the problem by playing all 3 at once, why not just 2 and add an extra competent midfielder? Or a more attacking 433?

35 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Those injuries haven’t made us shocking offensively. They obviously haven’t helped by we’ve been awful going through forward for a long while now

No but they mean we have to be more defensive as we know we have poorer defenders. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I feel like we'll be in the mix of teams battling relegation if it carries on like this. Doesn't even look like he's even addressed what's wrong let alone started to fix it

That would be absolutely terrible for his “CV”! 

8 minutes ago, ToeKneeHandCock said:

When was the last time we attacked a team from the off and really tried to impose ourselves? He seems so obsessed with “controlling” the game that we play a stifled, stunted possession based game without ever really attacking teams until we’re losing.

West Brom at home. Nothing since.

7 minutes ago, ToeKneeHandCock said:

When was the last time we attacked a team from the off and really tried to impose ourselves? He seems so obsessed with “controlling” the game that we play a stifled, stunted possession based game without ever really attacking teams until we’re losing.

This was my point in the other thread. Any personality seems to have been coached out of them. Keep the ball whatever the cost. 

• Like 2

We have been scraping by for a while now. 2 end of season collapse in a row. Always looking laboured and slow. Always looking to go sideways or backwards. If it was this season alone, you wouldn't look to much into it but there has been a recurring pattern....

• Like 1