Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, shiv said:

True but it accelerates the rate at which we write it off against our P&L - which would affect our profit or loss for this year.

I guess we would try to just keep paying him until he finds alternative employment unless he accepted a one time settlement for a much lower amount.  Either way we have to at least pay the new guy and Rodgers at the same time.

The massive problem with a sacked Rodgers getting another job is that no one else is foolish enough to pay him even close to what he gets on his current contract.

Why would he take another job for considerably less than he would get for say sitting on his new £5 million motor yacht in the south of France!

Stubborn, inept, disingenuous, false, perhaps - but he certainly ain't stupid.

28 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

No.

Only the bit in the middle gets mowed, but in in a "T" shape, it's like Left... Right.. Oh and backwards. 

....scenes when Thursday's game sees both 18-yard boxes with grass 5 inches tall and the half-spaces as well!!!

It will suit us down to the ground, we will have a well-manicured area to play in, while the opposition chooses to fight their way up the pitch in the long grass.

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's an absolute vampire, he's sucked the life out of the club and he has for 18 months - the cup win papered over monumental cracks. Everyday he's still here is dispiriting.

But can you imagine what its like to work with him? We talk about want to employ players hungry for success, when the guy managing them makes it seem like there is no food left anymore.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's an absolute vampire, he's sucked the life out of the club and he has for 18 months - the cup win papered over monumental cracks. Everyday he's still here is dispiriting.

Brendan Rodgers is the root cause of our decline.  We need to cut the rot out and its him, Brendan that needs cutting out.  If we could have a sustained upward trajectory and path, id take that over the F.A cup under Brendan, Brendan will always have that, and he will make sure sure the media never forget how lucky we were to have Brendan.  Susan Whelan, forget your Irish camaraderie, we need to cut this guy out quick and cheaply as possible as he isn't worth it, and lets dispell the Brendan is a top manager, because he's only good for 2 years.

• Like 2

I’d love to know the detail of Rodgers contract (the termination part). On the assumption we want to sack him, do we have to pay him for the full extent of his contract (£20 million?), or are there mitigating factors where that amount is reduced - e.g. if/when he gets another club his new deal is offset against it.

If it’s the former, then I just don’t think we’ll get rid before Xmas- I don’t think there’s any chance he will leave voluntarily unless someone like Villa makes a move.

• Like 1

Who in the media has gone the bollocks to ask him his thoughts on the Parker sacking and then follow it up by asking does he consider himself under any pressure?

Reckon we’d probably get a “only weak people feel pressure” soundbite as a response ala Beckford either that or he’d return the question asking if or why he should be under any pressure.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I genuinely think Rodgers would say something like 'Fofana has still been training with the under 21s and has not been to USA' 

And also that Maddison is out until Christmas. 

Expect and 'inspiring' 30 minutes or so. Wonder how many times he will say 'intensity'. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I genuinely think Rodgers would say something like 'Fofana has still been training with the under 21s and has not been to USA' 

And also that Maddison is out until Christmas. 

only decent questions lately have been asked by Bourne- at least he is saying some things like we all feel- seems to have gotten very brave lately does Jason

1 minute ago, jv1 said:

only decent questions lately have been asked by Bourne- at least he is saying some things like we all feel- seems to have gotten very brave lately does Jason

He's snapped. He's been at it on social media for weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

He's snapped. He's been at it on social media for weeks. 

Yes I thought the same- seems to have had a character transplant- I hope he challenges Rodgers on a few in this presser right now

When Jurgen Klopp gave Scott Parker that fatherly (patronising?) hug after Saturday's game, I did wonder if perhaps Scott Parker is the secret love-child of Scott and Parker from Thunderbirds. If so, International Rescue clearly didn't arrive at Anfield in time to save him! 

Scott Parker.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Who in the media has gone the bollocks to ask him his thoughts on the Parker sacking and then follow it up by asking does he consider himself under any pressure?

Reckon we’d probably get a “only weak people feel pressure” soundbite as a response ala Beckford either that or he’d return the question asking if or why he should be under any pressure.

He's been questioned this repeatedly tbf. When questioned about 'the sacking in the morning' chants at Stockport, he replied I understand the fans frustrations about no signings!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He's been questioned this repeatedly tbf. When questioned about 'the sacking in the morning' chants at Stockport, he replied I understand the fans frustrations about no signings!

So classic Brendan not actually answering the question and deflecting on to other parties.

Push him to elaborate on his answers, follow it up.

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers rings the alarm at Leicester as he admits the club isn't 'STABLE', opening up on a team who are not 'together', their failure to 'move on players' and their lack of ANY major incomings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11160687/Brendan-Rodgers-admits-Leicester-not-currently-stable-club-ALARMING-press-conference.html

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Brendan Rodgers rings the alarm at Leicester as he admits the club isn't 'STABLE', opening up on a team who are not 'together', their failure to 'move on players' and their lack of ANY major incomings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11160687/Brendan-Rodgers-admits-Leicester-not-currently-stable-club-ALARMING-press-conference.html

Feck all to do with him as usual then.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The alarm started ringing a long time a go. 

• Like 2