Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Brendan Rodgers rings the alarm at Leicester as he admits the club isn't 'STABLE', opening up on a team who are not 'together', their failure to 'move on players' and their lack of ANY major incomings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11160687/Brendan-Rodgers-admits-Leicester-not-currently-stable-club-ALARMING-press-conference.html

Honestly, is this a manager holding it together ? We know Brendan. We know its all shit. However, shut the **** up and just get on with it. 

26 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Brendan Rodgers rings the alarm at Leicester as he admits the club isn't 'STABLE', opening up on a team who are not 'together', their failure to 'move on players' and their lack of ANY major incomings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11160687/Brendan-Rodgers-admits-Leicester-not-currently-stable-club-ALARMING-press-conference.html

Daily Mail and Daily Express headlines give me a headache

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The problem is Rodgers adds to instability. Scott Parker has just been sacked for similar comments at Bournemouth as it demoralises the whole dressing room. It's his job to lift the players, not drag the mood down.

Looks and sounds more and more like a man desperate for the sack and his pay off. He's checked out.

Edited by gazzaa2
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Lads, I'm sick and tired of Rodgers but this is what has been quoted... 

Rodgers said: 'I think I mentioned before that any environment to develop has to be stable. Our stability is not there. 

'That will change when the window closes. There are players that maybe thought they were moving on but they’re not. We haven’t been able to get players in to improve. 

It's stating the truth. Klopp said similar this afternoon in that after the deadline, they can move on without any distractions of transfers. 

I'm sure we can all agree that any transfer speculation can be unsettling, and therefore destabilising for the individuals, the manager and the teammates. 

Is there anything wrong that has been quoted there? 

Is stability required? Yes. 

Do we current have stability? No. 

Is it likely to change when the window closes, with no more in/out speculation? Yes. 

Do we know that players thought they were going, but now aren't? Yes. 

Have we been able to get players in to improve? No. 

Some of it may be Rodgers' doing, but let's not act like he's the devil here and that he's the only reason we're in the shit here. We aren't stable right now and there's no harm in saying it how it is (something I know Rodgers doesn't do all the time). 

Stan there is a different manner to manage a situation then just telling the truth. Everything that you are both pointing out is correct. We have bunch of ungrateful twats (alongside a lot of hard working committed twats) and we are unstable. We are not in a good place. We are bottom of the league. Klopp who you quote went on for weeks saying he didnt need a midfielder. He bloody well did and bloody well knew it. The club is currently in a very poor position and disappointment with the club is the highest it has been for years. 

Some times lie to us. Tell us its fine. Tell us we are focussed and committed and that will only get better after the window closes. He isnt the devil but every single one of his press conferences since Brentford has been negative. In fact, his pre-season interviews have not been filled with joy either. This is the manager who lifts the club - manages the club. Our expectations are ****ing low at the moment - give us something to hang onto. That is all I am saying. Tell us United are in for an almighty shock. Tell us Youri has trained harder than he ever has this week. Tell us the boys feel good for united. I dont know but telling us the bleeding obvious just isnt right, right now. Too much negativity around this place. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He's been questioned this repeatedly tbf. When questioned about 'the sacking in the morning' chants at Stockport, he replied I understand the fans frustrations about no signings!

Unbelievable wasn’t it that. Trying to insinuate to the media that the fans are turning against the owners rather than himself.

Whats mind boggling to me is how the media are allowed to get away with it by us fans. We should be calling in in our droves calling out Rodgers and setting OUR narrative to the story, rather than Top and Co be the ones considered as bad owners (again) and our fans considered as ungrateful/above ourselves/entitled etc

I absolutely promise that  fans of other clubs who I know of definitely think that’s what I’m being and that our wider fan base are d1cks, until I go on my Rodgers rant about everything from the last 18 months. Then they reconsider. It needs to happen more, and publicly so 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers said: 'I think I mentioned before that any environment to develop has to be stable. Our stability is not there. 

'That will change when the window closes. There are players that maybe thought they were moving on but they’re not. We haven’t been able to get players in to improve. 

It's stating the truth. Klopp said similar this afternoon in that after the deadline, they can move on without any distractions of transfers. 

I'm sure we can all agree that any transfer speculation can be unsettling, and therefore destabilising for the individuals, the manager and the teammates. 

Is it likely to change when the window closes, with no more in/out speculation? Yes. 

Some of it may be Rodgers' doing, but let's not act like he's the devil here and that he's the only reason we're in the shit here. We aren't stable right now and there's no harm in saying it how it is (something I know Rodgers doesn't do all the time). 

As you know, I'm as staunch a Rodgers out man as they get, but I'm in total agreement. This is how good editors are at taking a fairly relaxed chat, throwing a few formatting changes and exciting words and BOOM it's PANIC STATIONS!

It really does concern me that the club were so naive in thinking that clubs would take our overpaid average players off our hands. When clubs tried to, we made it as hard as possible for them to do that.

Rodgers clearly isn't suited to managing at a club when the chips are down, he's just not got the personality. He's not been wrong in anything he's said today though.

Although I don't like the fact that he always has to reference managers being able to bring players in. He only rates about 20% of the players signed while he's been here, so there's no guarantee that new players would have made a blind bit of difference. Based on pure evidence, they would have just set us back even further on the whole.

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Unbelievable wasn’t it that. Trying to insinuate to the media that the fans are turning against the owners rather than himself.

Whats mind boggling to me is how the media are allowed to get away with it by us fans. We should be calling in in our droves calling out Rodgers and setting OUR narrative to the story, rather than Top and Co be the ones considered as bad owners (again) and our fans considered as ungrateful/above ourselves/entitled etc

I absolutely promise that  fans of other clubs who I know of definitely think that’s what I’m being and that our wider fan base are d1cks, until I go on my Rodgers rant about everything from the last 18 months. Then they reconsider. It needs to happen more, and publicly so 

Problem for a lot of local based lads is they have to toe the line to a point sadly. The larger media define and consider what's the bigger story - to them its Leicester's finances rather than Rodgers being a twat - that's why its perceived that way 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No need to say it publicly like that? Collective responsibility. 

29 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

...much like our view of Puel prior to coming here!!!

You just do not know what is going on, and you can't know from looking in from the outside.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J. James said:

Amazes me constantly how people can disregard the facts and see precisely what they want to see!

Sorry but this is simply delusional bud.

Facts are we replace one of the best upcoming CB in the world with a sideshow Bob red card machine then stick all the blame on Rodgers - ain’t buying it

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

But it is his fault the first team is shit - he's the first team manager. Its the same squad bar Schmeichel, who by all accounts was poor last season, and Fofana, who played no part in most of it. Are you suggesting they are the difference between 8th and 20th?

We ain’t finishing 20th, we’ve played 2 of the big 6, and outplayed Brentford and Southampton for large parts, we have too many players who have their head turned - the price of past success! To sack our most successful manager in recent history would be just plain wrong, if we replace players adequately and are still in this position come November then I’ll agree to sack him, not yet - top ain’t stupid 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

But it is his fault the first team is shit - he's the first team manager. Its the same squad bar Schmeichel, who by all accounts was poor last season, and Fofana, who played no part in most of it. Are you suggesting they are the difference between 8th and 20th?

Kasper is a big difference tbf. He was still our best goalkeeper, even off form, and the club have allowed him to leave without having a good goalkeeper to replace him.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Eurofox said:

it's not his fault we are skint...

Not sure how many times we need to say this, but we're not. That's why we held firm on Fofana and would not sell Maddison. The issue is that we have no space in the 25 man premier League squad for new signings unless we move players out. And for a variety of reasons, we've been unable to do that. What we are not is so rich that we can afford to have have players on the payroll who aren't in the squad. 

Hence the frustration with Vestegaard who has no chance of playing and the reintegration of Soumare once he confirmed he was staying.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Kasper is a big difference tbf. He was still our best goalkeeper, even off form, and the club have allowed him to leave without having a good goalkeeper to replace him.

Kasper has been woeful for at least the last two years. Ward isn't like Dracula which will give the defence more confidence - if we had decent defenders 🤣

If people think where we are has anything to do with who is in goal, I'm not sure they know much about football. You could have anyone in goal at the moment and we'd still be bottom.

• Haha 3

Brendan's final days here remind me of the Shining. A man trying to revive a rusty institution begins with good intentions but soon succumbs to paranoia and psychosis; remaining in total denial turning his family against him in the process.  

Edited by somebum
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

Kasper has been woeful for at least the last two years. Ward isn't like Dracula which will give the defence more confidence - if we had decent defenders 🤣

If people think where we are has anything to do with who is in goal, I'm not sure they know much about football. You could have anyone in goal at the moment and we'd still be bottom.

“Woeful for the last two years” but we wouldn’t have won the FA Cup without him.

Ward wouldn’t look out of place in a Championship side. 

Thanks for your insight Fergie.

• Like 2