Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

What will be interesting is if only Fofana goes and we're able to sign Faes and a half decent winger tomorrow, without the injury havoc we could actually still come out better off than the squad was last year after all of the drama. 

No real excuses for Rodgers then if he can't turn it around and pick up the form once the distraction of the window is dealt with. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He’s not going to turn it around though Finners.

This needs to stop being a social experiment to find out whether or not he can. The longevity and security of the club is at stake, and I don’t say that lightly 

Don't get me wrong, I'd sack him. I'd have sacked him after his response to the Forest game was to blame everyone else and call for a complete rebuild tbh. I think that's the moment he really lost me. 

But I think the owners are nowhere near as close to sacking him as we hope if I'm honest. 

So we might as well just hope he can turn it around, get behind the squad and hope for the best. 

• Like 2

Guest itude

I agree( with Matt), compared to Claudio, and now we see, Scott Parker, he has had plenty of time to to sort this out. He has not, and it does not look like he is capable of doing so. He is also very sneakily "insuring" his future by blaming anyone but himself. That said, how much further do we have to go down before the penny drops at the very top ??

Edited by itude

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But I think the owners are nowhere near as close to sacking him as we hope if I'm honest. 

Agreed. They are some of the most patient in the game now. When they arrived and sacked Sousa and Eriksson fairly early I think the view was that they were a continuation of Mandaric. Yet they stuck with Pearson on probably three occasions when he could've gone and gave him nearly four years in the end, Ranieri was sacked reluctantly, Puel went earlier than they apparently wanted (were going to wait until the summer but it got too toxic) and now Rodgers has been here 3 and a half years. The only hasty departure in the last decade was Shakespeare and that was correcting an error, really.

It would be interesting to know what they'd accept this year and what they wouldn't. Would they take 13th now? Really not sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd sack him. I'd have sacked him after his response to the Forest game was to blame everyone else and call for a complete rebuild tbh. I think that's the moment he really lost me. 

So we might as well just hope he can turn it around, get behind the squad and hope for the best. 

You are right, however much of an horrendous prospect it is.

Personally, I can’t get behind him. I can’t sing his name, I don’t believe in his football philosophy, I don’t believe in his man management ‘skills’ and I can’t stand the sound of his voice, never mind his actual interviews and the clap trap he comes out with. 

I’m pretty sure you feel the same, but if you can get behind him after all that ^^, you’re a better man than I. 

• Like 2

Watching the teams play right now, really goes to show how awful Rodgers ball is. Slow paced negative football is going to be the death of us. Every other team is playing high octane attacking football, leveraging the new 5 subs rule to keep the energy high.

Rodgers is an absolute dinosaur, stuck in his old ways. 

Edited by Gav_LCFC14
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Kasper is a big difference tbf. He was still our best goalkeeper, even off form, and the club have allowed him to leave without having a good goalkeeper to replace him.

Such hypocrisy (not by you I might add).

So many people on this forum were more than happy last season to see the back of Schmeichel, claiming that he was at fault for all the set piece goals we were conceding and that he was ‘past it’.

Be careful what you wish for people 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Such hypocrisy (not by you I might add).

So many people on this forum were more than happy last season to see the back of Schmeichel, claiming that he was at fault for all the set piece goals we were conceding and that he was ‘past it’.

Be careful what you wish for people 

He hasn’t exactly set the world alight at Nice so far, have you seen the goals conceded the weekend?

I have been on the fence with Rodgers, I was thinking see how he gets on till the new year and with this transfer window our squad could be a bit better shaped.

but it’s been pretty much a shambles from top to bottom (no pun intended) with no real direction from anyone.

I am just going to put this out there that as for as great Seagrave is, I feel we have regressed since we have moved there, as I feel this massive complex has made the clubs departments more distant and less “family like” hence why everything feels so massively disjointed.

Also for the “world class” training facility were seeing some players development get progressively worse, and as a team still struggle defensively and mentally for all that is available to the players and staff.

Maybe the board have missed a trick of what was really needed in advance when moving to Seagrave as it’s like we have become reactive instead of being calm level headed and pro active.

This season is probably one of the crunch seasons in recent years, in where the club is going to go, either everyone gets back to pulling in the same direction and everyone’s on board (which isn’t the case I don’t think) or going to mid table/bottom half team as what great foundations were built over time have finally been broken and it’s an unknown if everything he going to just fall into place 

Edited by steflcfc
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

Kasper has been woeful for at least the last two years. Ward isn't like Dracula which will give the defence more confidence - if we had decent defenders 🤣

If people think where we are has anything to do with who is in goal, I'm not sure they know much about football. You could have anyone in goal at the moment and we'd still be bottom.

Woeful is a gross exaggeration. He had some weaknesses but he was still an excellent keeper and good leader.

38 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

I have been on the fence with Rodgers, I was thinking see how he gets on till the new year and with this transfer window our squad could be a bit better shaped.

but it’s been pretty much a shambles from top to bottom (no pun intended) with no real direction from anyone.

I am just going to put this out there that as for as great Seagrave is, I feel we have regressed since we have moved there, as I feel this massive complex has made the clubs departments more distant and less “family like” hence why everything feels so massively disjointed.

Also for the “world class” training facility were seeing some players development get progressively worse, and as a team still struggle defensively and mentally for all that is available to the players and staff.

Maybe the board have missed a trick of what was really needed in advance when moving to Seagrave as it’s like we have become reactive instead of being calm level headed and pro active.

This season is probably one of the crunch seasons in recent years, in where the club is going to go, either everyone gets back to pulling in the same direction and everyone’s on board (which isn’t the case I don’t think) or going to mid table/bottom half team as what great foundations were built over time have finally been broken and it’s an unknown if everything he going to just fall into place 

Seagrave is fancy indeed, but glitz and sports science can only take a team so far.

The core ingredient in a training ground will always be the staff. Have we really got the right class of physio, medical, psychological and coaching staff there? The evidence seems that we don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Watching the teams play right now, really goes to show how awful Rodgers ball is. Slow paced negative football is going to be the death of us. Every other team is playing high octane attacking football, leveraging the new 5 subs rule to keep the energy high.

Rodgers is an absolute dinosaur, stuck in his old ways. 

Spot on. Man U v Liverpool was probably the best example of this, literally end to end for 90 mins and here we are still playing how everyone did 2 seasons ago. We look miles behind 90% of other teams in terms of adapting.

• Like 3

Latest Rodgers quote from John Percy's article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/30/brendan-rodgers-will-get-third-wesley-fofana-transfer-fee-reinvest/

“This summer has been really unfortunate for myself. I might not benefit from this year but going forward the club will, because the club is the most important. 

“I trust the club when they say we can’t spend and bring in players, it’s obviously for the greater good of Leicester City and the model, and the sustainability of it.” 

You just have to laugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2