Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

His manipulation of the media is first class and you have to give bin credit for that, if only was as savvy with his tactical set ups.  

He will leave in the next few weeks/couple of months, he will use the excuse he hasn’t been backed, club can no longer match his ambitions etc etc, all his pals in the media will portray him as hard done too and we never deserved him. 

He will then end up at somewhere like Villa or possibly with his pal Congerton at Atalanta, have a decent first 12/18 months and again be the media darling before it’s starts to go wrong and the cycle of excuses start to circulate again. 

Rinse and Repeat

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I can only assume we're going to sack him next week. He's now basically calling the owner out for not spending money and this can only mean one outcome.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I can only assume we're going to sack him next week. He's now basically calling the owner out for not spending money and this can only mean one outcome.

Sounds like he is trying to protect his own reputation following his inevitable sacking. I think we will lose on Thursday and it will generate a seriously bad reaction in the stands and that will be that. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Sounds like he is trying to protect his own reputation following his inevitable sacking. I think we will lose on Thursday and it will generate a seriously bad reaction in the stands and that will be that. 

Depends where the reaction goes too. I think Rodgers will take most the stick which is probably right given he's not getting the best out of an under performing squad.

However the window has been a shambles and that's far from his fault. Can't see the crowd turning against the owners but it could go that way should we really struggle this season.

He’s such a pathetic feeble excuse of a person. Why not defend the club you bell sniff, rather than bothering about your reputation… it would be nice to have a manager that believes in what the club are trying to do, it’s clear Brendan doesn’t, nor does he agree with it. Brendan “chequebook” Rodgers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Depends where the reaction goes too. I think Rodgers will take most the stick which is probably right given he's not getting the best out of an under performing squad.

However the window has been a shambles and that's far from his fault. Can't see the crowd turning against the owners but it could go that way should we really struggle this season.

To degree it is Brendan’s fault. He personally oversaw the signings of Bertrand, Vesty and Perez. Who between the three of them have been a car crash…… his philosophy clearly doesn’t align with the clubs, which is now starting to show. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lfu said:

As I and many have said already, it's always about saving his own skin and reputation. Throws everybody else under a bus. The guy needs to go. 

• Like 1

It's quite obvious at this point that Brend_a is totally insane and in no fit state to continue in the role. He should be removed before he becomes a danger to himself and others.

Edited by somebum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

The owners have a lot of credit in the bank with the fans, I just don't see fans turning on them.

New state-of-the-art training facility, stadium expansion and development pressing ahead - we are at the beginnings of a new era for the club, pushing to the next level, compared to where we have been for our whole history.  In order to achieve that, some financial prudence is probably wise, so having a quiet transfer window or two is probably to be expected.

The squad we have is easily good enough for at least mid-table security.

If the fans turn on anyone, it will be on Brendan for not getting the best out of the players he has and playing boring football without attacking intent, setting up to not lose, rather than to win.

That said, the fans reaction will be dictated by the performance rather than the result.  If we lose but we've had a real go, then that's OK.  It's when we're competitive for an hour and then change the tactics to defend what we've got if we're winning or drawing, or enter damage limitation mode if we're losing, inviting pressure for 30 minutes in either case, which we can't do.  Prime Mourinho Chelsea we are not.

He needs to quickly learn how to use 5 subs to change the shape of a game to our advantage.  The longer he fails to do this, the more the fans will make the environment "unstable" which is not what he wants.

Setting up to not lose is going well for him currently. What a sniffer. 

9 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Woeful is a gross exaggeration. He had some weaknesses but he was still an excellent keeper and good leader.

Consistently towards the bottom of GK performance tables. More importantly, you could see it on the pitch. Frightened to come off his line and awful distribution.

As for his leadership, I've seen no evidence of  that. Numerous suggestions he was a 'difficult' character around the club and was too big an influence. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

He wants his pay off. He checked out months ago.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

I see the media are selling his sob story:

“Rodgers will only get a fraction of the money to spend”

“It won’t be the transfer windfall he would have hoped for”

“The sell on fee will put a block on him making any major signings before deadline day”

“Rodgers says he won’t get the whole Fofana fee to reinvest”

Oh cry me a river, perhaps you should look at who’s been signed in your tenure, who has improved the starting 11? How many are starters? 3? 4? How many have  improved the squad? How much money have you wasted? You’re lucky to be in the job even more lucky to be getting any money to spend at all.

If he gets sacked in the next few games people will only focus on:

1. he’s only had 5/6 games whatever

2. no budget

3. sold best player(s)

and won’t take into account the past 18 months of form and performances.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

If he gets sacked in the next few games people will only focus on:

1. he’s only had 5/6 games whatever

2. no budget

3. sold best player(s)

and won’t take into account the past 18 months of form and performances.

100%

I’m fairly confident the writing is on the wall and a decision is imminent.

What strikes me is the club seem very concerned of what other people on the outside think apparently the were deeply hurt by the backlash and the negativity towards them when they sacked Ranieri.

The things you’ve listed will be what the media will be labelling towards the club, coming the conclusion Rodgers did nothing wrong and has been harshly treated - I’m worried this might have a bearing on decisions that need to be made and we’ll be continuing with Rodgers for even longer that we are already.

Add to your last sentence the amount of shite he’s signed contributing to the mess we’re in not being taken into account (if people wanna come at me saying “he doesn’t make the signing” - the recruitment team, he bought with him, overruling the recruitment staff on the signings of Vestergaard and Bertrand to name just two)

And there he is lauding and standing back admiring himself saying he might not benefit from this summer but the club will in the future, oh cheers Brendan, we’re so grateful, you warrior!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...true, covid happened and everything seems to have rolled into one!!!

United did the 9-0 first against Ipswich, so this was their second time. 

All the 9-0 have been at home except for our 0-9. But it seems ours is not a record as we are not one of the big 6.

We will probably have to win 19-0 as far as sky are concerned.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Sat in a waiting room flicking through social media & noticing people laughing at how crap the appointments of Lampard & Gerrard have been as Everton/Villa managers respectively. 

Interesting reading their records as manager versus how our £8m a year man has done in the same time frame:

Lampard since arriving at Everton:
P23, W6, D4, L13 (22Pts) - 0.95PPG

Rodgers since Lampard arrived at Everton: 

P22, W6, D6, L10 (24Pts) - 1.09PPG

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gerrard since arriving at Villa: 

P29, W11, D4, L14 (37Pts) - 1.27PPG

Rodgers since Gerrard arrived at Villa: 

P29, W8, D8, L13 (32Pts) - 1.10PPG

Marginally better (lol) than Lampard & worse than Gerrard. Yikes! 

Yeah, but he won 2 world wars and 1 world cup, so we should shut up and be grateful.

• Haha 1