Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Rumours like this could be stopping us firing him 

15 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Let Villa have him we'll get a large compensation 😉

Sod the compensation we won't have to pay him off.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

By the time it happens we could be cut adrift ….

Would they really want him if we are.

I think the Villa rumours, if there is any truth to them, will result in a case of who blinks first.

We'll wait for them to sack Gerrard so they can pay compensation for Rodgers.

They'll wait until we sack Rodgers so they don't have to pay any compensation.

I think we will be happy to wait until the Villa game at least.  If we win that, surely they'll act first? if they win, surely we'll have to?

Might be too late by then for Gerrard, their next two games are Arsenal away and Man City at home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

I think the Villa rumours, if there is any truth to them, will result in a case of who blinks first.

I think we will be happy to wait until the Villa game at least.  If we win that, surely they'll act first? if they win, surely we'll have to?

Might be too late by then for Gerrard, their next two games are Arsenal away and Man City at home.

Perhaps meet halfway. They sack Gerrard and have Rodgers for free without paying compensation. Brilliant solution. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

We will put him on garden leave, and replace him. 

I think the biggest worry is how long this decline has gone on for. I know many dislike xG, but the stats last season suggested we were very lucky to finish 8th - and I think that passes the sniff test from watching us for the season too. Those poor stats were mostly without Fofana, but that is not the reality of the situation we find ourselves in. 

I hate watching this style of play to be honest. It's super tedious and seems to imagine that possession = control of the game, which I really don't think is true. Especially given how little we seem to do with the ball. However, if you sort out the defence, we do have a front line which find the net more often than not. I think that's the difference between where we are and where Brighton are to be honest - we have the better front line but they can also defend and as such are much more balanced. We're giving away two goals a game. Even with this insipid style of play, sort out the defence and we'll be nowhere near a relegation side. We'll be a dull watch, but that seems to have been the style we've adopted.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Don’t say that, I got hammered for days for saying we were lucky to finish 8th lol. 

You can only beat what’s infront of you, but in any other premier league season of the last decade if we played how we did last season we would have been struggling to get close to top half, everyone was crap last year. Us coming 8th shows just how abysmal the league was last season.

Maybe lucky is the wrong word (I know I used it too), but I think 8th flattered us. I think a run of teams towards the end of the season who were on the beach certainly helped us. Plus that middle was squeezed and there was only a 4 point gap to 12th - the same as between us at 7th. I don't think we'd have ever been in trouble of going down but the numbers were there that we were not playing great for almost all of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, nnfox said:

The owners have a lot of credit in the bank with the fans, I just don't see fans turning on them.

New state-of-the-art training facility, stadium expansion and development pressing ahead - we are at the beginnings of a new era for the club, pushing to the next level, compared to where we have been for our whole history.  In order to achieve that, some financial prudence is probably wise, so having a quiet transfer window or two is probably to be expected.

The squad we have is easily good enough for at least mid-table security.

If the fans turn on anyone, it will be on Brendan for not getting the best out of the players he has and playing boring football without attacking intent, setting up to not lose, rather than to win.

That said, the fans reaction will be dictated by the performance rather than the result.  If we lose but we've had a real go, then that's OK.  It's when we're competitive for an hour and then change the tactics to defend what we've got if we're winning or drawing, or enter damage limitation mode if we're losing, inviting pressure for 30 minutes in either case, which we can't do.  Prime Mourinho Chelsea we are not.

He needs to quickly learn how to use 5 subs to change the shape of a game to our advantage.  The longer he fails to do this, the more the fans will make the environment "unstable" which is not what he wants.

Turd polishing at its finest. :D Quiet transfer window? which will end in panic buys if at all.Financial prudence? ah you mean BROKE, and mid-table security? 

original.jpeg

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Did take Fuchfana long to start having a dig at Rogers.

indicating Rodgers was shifting the blame to cover his own arse, seems plausible to me, source is dodgy too though

Imagine if we do go down. Brendan pulls it all season and we refuse to sack him because of the cost. Brendan finally leaves end of the year and the club on its knees calls the only man capable of getting rid of the shit and rebuilding the squad. 

The Third Coming…..

I get the strategy now. 

It seems like Rodgers has fallen out with a lot of players over his tenure here, most of which were his signings. 

Fofana

Soyuncu 

Vestergaard  

Choudhury 

Soumare 

Praet

Perez

Obviously barring Fofana and Choudhury, I reckon a new manager could get a tune out of the others. 

56 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It seems like Rodgers has fallen out with a lot of players over his tenure here, most of which were his signings. 

Fofana

Soyuncu 

Vestergaard  

Choudhury 

Soumare 

Praet

Perez

Obviously barring Fofana and Choudhury, I reckon a new manager could get a tune out of the others. 

Has a manager ever fell out with so many players before?