Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Turd polishing at its finest. :D Quiet transfer window? which will end in panic buys if at all.Financial prudence? ah you mean BROKE, and mid-table security? 

original.jpeg

I'm a great believer that you can't polish a turd ... but you can sprinkle it with glitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I assume Fofana’s goodbye message taking a swing at Rodgers and the club on his way out has already been posted? 

https://www.instagram.com/lawestt_/

3rd post on his Instagram. 

E19158B3-F2CB-467F-9D71-CF613D49BA4E.jpeg

My interpretation is that the club were just as happy for him not to play and be injured as he was once it was clear that Chelsea would eventually strike a deal we could agree to

but the narrative was that it was all down to him 

but he understands how life is and that the club comes first 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Lots of Villa fans want him should Gerrard get the sack. Win-win for both of us surely 

Villa is a hopelessly depressing place; dour old stadium, slum like location, backdrop of fort dunlop, boring team..perfect for Brend-a. 

(Apparently forum autocorrects brend_a to Brendan )

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My interpretation is that the club were just as happy for him not to play and be injured as he was once it was clear that Chelsea would eventually strike a deal we could agree to

but the narrative was that it was all down to him 

but he understands how life is and that the club comes first 

I think Rodgers handled all of this really well to be fair. I know a lot on here don't want to give him credit for anything now but i think he has basically had to deal with the impossible here. He minimised the drama surrounding the situation by saying it was everyone's choice for him not to play right up until Fofana made himself impossible to defend with his antics. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I assume Fofana’s goodbye message taking a swing at Rodgers and the club on his way out has already been posted? 

https://www.instagram.com/lawestt_/

3rd post on his Instagram. 

E19158B3-F2CB-467F-9D71-CF613D49BA4E.jpeg

Third paragraph - Thank you to you Foxes fan 🦊 …. 

That’s what possession football does to your fan base 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

As each day passes I am becoming more and more angry at how we are regressing and the peak levels of buffoonery he js displaying. 

His decision making and the havoc it’s reaping out on the pitch is now at Peter Taylor levels of incompetence and we know how that ended. 

His team selections are beyond defensiveable now, we have conceded 10 goals in 4 league games and yet he continues to pick Danny Ward as goalkeeper and Daniel Amartey as 1st choice centre back, whilst continuing to ignore Daniel Iversen, Cags and Luke Thomas who all played and contributed in our only clean sheet of the season albeit against league 2 opposition, however all 3 are involved ar international level whether as full squad members or at u21 

His team selections are bizarre, inconsistent and reek of desperation, Perez and Praet are in for one game then disappear, the regression of Ndidi to a point where arguably the leagues best destroyer is now a shadow of himself because of the managers desire to convert him into the 2nd coming of Sergio Busquets..

His stubbornness in not utilising 5 subs, he is yet to make a substitution that has had a positive impact on the result.

The turgid tactics , we have lost that exciting., fearless approach to our football, it’s just so dull, uninspiring and weak. 

I fear the morale of the squad has all but gone and I believe he has lost the dressing room, hence the freezing out of some players and the random nature of some of his team selections. 

Regardless of tonight’s result I really hope he is gone by Monday morning, for me the similarities with Taylor are there for all to see and I can only see one outcome if he is allowed to continue. 

Don't think he's going anywhere in the short-term - it's going to take the fans being very visibly and audibly upset and calling for him to go for anything to happen.

Top has done a great job for our club - but lets not forget just how detached they are from us all.

I'm not for booing the team - but I am for calling out the manager and his piss poor performance. He needs to take responsibility and he's not and he never will - it's not in his nature.

So the only thing we can do is make it totally clear to Top that a large proportion of the fanbase appear to be unhappy with Rodgers and they need to think about kicking him up the ass and getting a response from him, or look at getting shot before the whole team is pulled down.....

6 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

Will he be Sacked if we don’t win tonight? 

Imo, no. 

I think we have to trust the club here. As mentioned upstream, I do think they'll be very aware of the situation and if they haven't already done so, will be assessing replacements. I wouldn't say Rodgers is on borrowed time but I do think he's going to have to prove his worth over the next x weeks, to put up AND shut up, get on with it and work with the situation.  For me the question is 'Can he do it?' I'm not optimistic about that in honesty, but he gets the chance to show everyone what he can do.

10 hours ago, 4everfox said:

It seems like Rodgers has fallen out with a lot of players over his tenure here, most of which were his signings. 

Fofana

Soyuncu 

Vestergaard  

Choudhury 

Soumare 

Praet

Perez

Obviously barring Fofana and Choudhury, I reckon a new manager could get a tune out of the others. 

StOp It WiTh ThE aGeNdA!!! :cry:

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If we spend 12m after pocketing 70m. 

Manager is a dead duck in the eyes of the board and they expect to be bring in someone soon, with a plan of having some funds to spend in January.

Its the only explanation that would make sense, they clearly dont want any more of BR's signings in because they have massive doubts. 

• Like 1

As much as I want him out, his board has let him down as well. 

after this window shuts, I would love for the chairman, the ceo or other senior board member to come out and just release some sort of statement as to the clubs current position. We are not in a good place and it’s something none of us would’ve guessed a year a go. 

I wouldn’t mind a full clear out, starting with Brendan and ending with members of the board. From the transfer window to the ticket price increase, to the mishaps on social media - the club has been very poor. We do need some answers.

• Like 1