Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

As much as I want him out, his board has let him down as well. 

after this window shuts, I would love for the chairman, the ceo or other senior board member to come out and just release some sort of statement as to the clubs current position. We are not in a good place and it’s something none of us would’ve guessed a year a go. 

I wouldn’t mind a full clear out, starting with Brendan and ending with members of the board. From the transfer window to the ticket price increase, to the mishaps on social media - the club has been very poor. We do need some answers.

Rudkin should have slung his hook years ago.

He's living off a few good sales and work that other people have done. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Rudkin's overseen the best period in the clubs history - why would the club dispense with him and why would he leave?

Football is about the here and now , past success has little bearing on that fact , ask Man.Utd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Rudkin's overseen the best period in the clubs history - why would the club dispense with him and why would he leave?

Like I said he's living off other peoples work. It was the playing squad that won the league (assembled by Walsh and Pearson) and the FA Cup (He can take some credit but again a lot of it goes to the scouting dept and the players).

What he's allowed to happen on his watch over the past 5 years is the signings of players on large contracts we can't shift, gifting a manager a large contract who we now can't shift, running down the clubs finances to the point where we can seemingly only spend 15 million out of 70 received. The recruitment and sports science sides of the club seem to have gone from the best to the worst. We've got so many players running down their contracts with their heads elsewhere. We were in a really good position to push on a few years ago and its all gone and we'll be very lucky to stay in the League if current trends continue. 

With the amount of crap on high wages he's signed in the past 5 years I wouldn't trust him with the huge rebuild thats coming. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My interpretation is that the club were just as happy for him not to play and be injured as he was once it was clear that Chelsea would eventually strike a deal we could agree to

but the narrative was that it was all down to him 

but he understands how life is and that the club comes first 

This was how I perceived it as well. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Kopfkino
15 minutes ago, Dames said:

Rudkin should have slung his hook years ago.

He's living off a few good sales and work that other people have done. 

I am particularly uncomfortable with a)how long he’s been in the role and b)how long he’s been around the club in general.

As with refreshing the squad, sometimes it’s useful to have a refresh at other levels of the organisation. It feels like he’s become a lifer and for me that’s not healthy  at his level - it can work but  it not my preference.

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If the powers that be decide he's no longer doing a good job then why wouldn't they dispense with him?

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

bunch of average players on huge money and demanding fees that are too high to sell them paralysing the clubs transfer business?

Lots of top class DOF/Sporting Directors about go out and get a top quality one

As much as I dislike Rodgers and want him out, I do feel sympathy for him. In January he was talking about a clear out and buying 5/6 players. Fast forward to the summer and he can't even spend a penny, whilst

everyone around him are buying big, making multimillion £ deals. To top it all, we've sold one of our best players for 75M, yet still are shopping in poundland. He's been sold the same bullshit that we all have by the club, and when its hit the fan, he's told to go out there and front it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Football is about the here and now , past success has little bearing on that fact , ask Man.Utd.

Man Utd are far more rotten from top to bottom than we are lol

Their billionaire owners siphon money out of the club for their own business interests. They have haemorrhaged finances and debt into the club and fvcked them over. 

Bad comparison. 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

As much as I want him out, his board has let him down as well. 

after this window shuts, I would love for the chairman, the ceo or other senior board member to come out and just release some sort of statement as to the clubs current position. We are not in a good place and it’s something none of us would’ve guessed a year a go. 

I wouldn’t mind a full clear out, starting with Brendan and ending with members of the board. From the transfer window to the ticket price increase, to the mishaps on social media - the club has been very poor. We do need some answers.

A year ago such sentiments would have been unthinkable, but there's plainly something wrong at board level as well as in recruitment and first team coaching...

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Man Utd are far more rotten from top to bottom than we are lol

Their billionaire owners siphon money out of the club for their own business interests. They have haemorrhaged finances and debt into the club and fvcked them over. 

Bad comparison. 

They still spend an enormous amount on players and wages each year though, the only real mistake they have made is letting Woodward spend so much of it.

I think the comparison is bad because our success has been more recent than theirs.

8 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

They still spend an enormous amount on players and wages each year though, the only real mistake they have made is letting Woodward spend so much of it.

I think the comparison is bad because our success has been more recent than theirs.

True , but what's past is past and there is no resting on laurels for Leicester City. We have a major battle in front of us and looking behind is no good.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One signing in tell me the club has already got a change in mind and feels the change will have more impact then signing players who the new guy may not want. 

There are too many miserable, unmotivated players here. You get that on match day. The drop in form etc. a new guy gets a bounce at the very least.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

One signing in tell me the club has already got a change in mind and feels the change will have more impact then signing players who the new guy may not want. 

Agree 100% and I’m going over old ground but you then look and question the club asking why didn’t they come to mutual decision at the end of last season.

Which I’m sure Brendan would have jumped at even back then to self preserve his reputation.

That said I suppose his reputation is still intact with the media pals backing he receives, the negative backlash will be on the club that “they haven’t backed him”.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I think we probably needed a N Forest style level of squad overhaul for anything different under Rodgers.

A few new players are not solving the poor coaching and leadership he has displayed.

I think the club agrees and a change will happen.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The squad has issues of depth and aren't world beaters but other managers would look at a talented group of 15/16 players and relish it, I reckon.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

The squad has issues of depth and aren't world beaters but other managers would look at a talented group of 15/16 players and relish it, I reckon.

Disagree, going into last season I feel we all unanimously agreed we had our strongest ever squad with the most depth we’ve ever had. 

What a waste, mismanaged.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

As much as I dislike Rodgers and want him out, I do feel sympathy for him. In January he was talking about a clear out and buying 5/6 players. Fast forward to the summer and he can't even spend a penny, whilst

everyone around him are buying big, making multimillion £ deals. To top it all, we've sold one of our best players for 75M, yet still are shopping in poundland. He's been sold the same bullshit that we all have by the club, and when its hit the fan, he's told to go out there and front it all.

I know what you're saying and I don't disagree. From my perspective (explained elsewhere) I think that's why he has now to prove his worth as a manager. 

He wants to manage a team of the best players he can assemble. He hasn't got that so time to see what magic he can create with what he has. As I've also said elsewhere, I'm not optimistic BUT he gets the chance.

In our situation, it's a straight choice of Back him or sack him. IIt's that simple, and there's no point in doing anything in-between. We've clearly not backed him, partly due to FFP restraints, but the writing is on the wall, so why wait until after the transfer window and leave the new man with the same players?

• Like 1