Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Rudkin's overseen the best period in the clubs history - why would the club dispense with him and why would he leave?

I wouldn’t say he has overseen it. Definitely benefitted from it. How many football directors/DOFs in our history has had the benefit of instance growth as a result of the PL win. During that period we’ve had two critical summers. 2016 and last year. We’ve massively cocked both up. Add to that the Silva debacle (human error maybe). The inability to shift squad players (which has been a problem for a while but we are only feeling it now) and the current issues. 

all the issues can also be placed at someone else’s door but like in real life, the guy sitting on the top, answers first. And so he/she should. 

I’ll stress I’m not putting the blame solely on him nor am I putting it on Brendan but the club is failing considerably this year. No one should be deemed untouchable - if growth is our genuine aim. 

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Have you been reading the league table upside down? 

No.    

I think Rodgers and the club need to come to an agreement.   My point is that a lot of stuff is written that is OTT.  For instance,  Forest signing their 20th player of the season, shows that Rodgers is rubbish.   Every player that we are linked with and don't sign showsthat Rodgers is rubbish because we don't end signing them or we should never be linked with I  the first place.

In match threads,  Rodgers can pick a team that many have suggested and then be lambasted for picking a rubbish team.

Etc

• Thanks 1

Woa... is he still here?  Everyone knows he a guy who takes no responsibility and blames everyone else ...  he is no leader.

So while i am sure top and all see this... then why is rodgers allowed to carry on? 

No matter whatever the results are he is a baddun.  So why the delay in bringing in a leader we can all respect and support? 

I expect top may have thought he could wait till Christmas... but we will be relegated AND the harmony of the club will be destroyed if he waits that long

1 minute ago, majaco said:

No.    

I think Rodgers and the club need to come to an agreement.   My point is that a lot of stuff is written that is OTT.  For instance,  Forest signing their 20th player of the season, shows that Rodgers is rubbish.   Every player that we are linked with and don't sign showsthat Rodgers is rubbish because we don't end signing them or we should never be linked with I  the first place.

In match threads,  Rodgers can pick a team that many have suggested and then be lambasted for picking a rubbish team.

Etc

I see your point... but rodgers is rubbish isnt he.

• Like 2

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I see your point... but rodgers is rubbish isnt he.

No.

But his time here has come and gone.

He is a legend of the club because of his achievements.   It is a shame to see the current state of decline.  Rodgers is not turning it around.   If/when he goes,hopefully someone else will.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

As much as I want him out, his board has let him down as well. 

after this window shuts, I would love for the chairman, the ceo or other senior board member to come out and just release some sort of statement as to the clubs current position. We are not in a good place and it’s something none of us would’ve guessed a year a go. 

I wouldn’t mind a full clear out, starting with Brendan and ending with members of the board. From the transfer window to the ticket price increase, to the mishaps on social media - the club has been very poor. We do need some answers.

They haven’t. He had money to spend. He pissed it up the wall on rubbish. He has absolutely no one but himself to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

I think that’s a very reasonable interview he’s giving on BT. 

Nah you've been sucked in! I almost thought the same for a minute.

The issue is these so called pundits sympathising with him and feeling sorry for him not being able to spend money. How about all the money he's wasted over the last 3 years? Why aren't they talking about that? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting what Rodgers said about Fofana. Says 'that' statement didn't come from Wes but he knows who it was.

Edit: he was generally flattering about Fofana, rowing bag on previous comments maybe??

Edited by taupe

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

How is that at odds with BR and where does it suggest wastage last year?

The commentary about financial security which is at odds with the intimation by Rodgers of the 'financial state of the club'. 

The comment about the sustainable model apart from breaking it last year. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Rodgers is whining about a lack of signings and the chairman had to say we won't put the club on a path we deem irresponsible. It's hardly a ringing endorsement of Rodgers clamouring for more players is it? 

Top spoke about a refresh too - why set such a negative rhetoric 24x7?

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Rodgers is whining about a lack of signings and the chairman had to say we won't put the club on a path we deem irresponsible. It's hardly a ringing endorsement of Rodgers clamouring for more players is it? 

But is Rodgers wrong to ask for new signings ?

if our model is to sell a piece of club silver every summer to make our nett spend 15/20m max then how long can that carry on without us being in a relegation scrap ?

recruitment has to be v v good to keep the side improving - you’ve almost got to find a player that is as good as anything you already have each summer (market value) 

the plan was to sell a few players this summer to generate cash - but the failure shows that collecting average players won’t cut it because you can’t necessarily get your money in on them. 

Edited by st albans fox

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But is Rodgers wrong to ask for new signings ?

if our model is to sell a piece of club silver every summer to make our nett spend 15/20m max then how long can that carry on without us being in a relegation scrap ?

recruitment has to be v v good to keep the side improving - you’ve almost got to find a player that is as good as anything you already have each summer (market value) 

the plan was to sell a few players this summer to generate cash - but the failure shows that collecting average players won’t cut it because you can’t necessarily get your money in on them. 

Absolutely not. The issue for me is that it appears the agenda at the end of last season was for a refresh of the squad. Over the summer there appears to have been a dramatic change to this policy due to a determination to adhere asap to the new FFP rules. I think the communication between board and manager does not appear to have been the best it could have been.

Our problem is that outside of TV money we simply don't generate the right amount of income to compete with the current salary levels we have. Until this is addressed, which we may not be able to do, it is likely we will have to put up with less good players and hope we can stay up. If not I fear we are in for a spell of time away from the top league.

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The commentary about financial security which is at odds with the intimation by Rodgers of the 'financial state of the club'. 

The comment about the sustainable model apart from breaking it last year. 

They all refer to FFP 

Net spend kept to 25m per season due to selling a piece of silver last season they collectively agreed not to to try and push on from the double 5th 

They are all in sync Top even says on the small page at the end “……..fighting together …” bit 

Just now, reynard said:

Absolutely not. The issue for me is that it appears the agenda at the end of last season was for a refresh of the squad. Over the summer there appears to have been a dramatic change to this policy due to a determination to adhere asap to the new FFP rules. I think the communication between board and manager does not appear to have been the best it could have been.

Our problem is that outside of TV money we simply don't generate the right amount of income to compete with the current salary levels we have. Until this is addressed, which we may not be able to do, it is likely we will have to put up with less good players and hope we can stay up. If not I fear we are in for a spell of time away from the top league.

We were hoping to move on 

vestergaard 

praet

soumare

hamza

that was expected  to provide £40m and would have allowed for a couple of signings and a couple of loans 

The fact that we managed to move just one of those out on loan means we didn’t have the space it needs to make any kind of ‘refresh’ 

your second para is ✔️ 

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

BR saying yet again on his pre match interview he was expecting a rebuild this transfer window, but when he came back from his holidays that had all changed.

Doesn’t smack of harmonious communication or relations between him and the club.

Maybe because it had all changed? It's not necessarily poor communication. I get the disappointment but it's probably felt everywhere, board room to terraces (or sofa in my case)