Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

This was my point in the other thread. Any personality seems to have been coached out of them. Keep the ball whatever the cost. 

It’s like we’re playing scared and that kind of mentality can trickle down from the manager. No disrespect to Legia but why the hell have we gone there today and played 5 at the back with one properly creative player on the pitch?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbrambini said:

He hasn’t got a plan b and he’s been found out, I have a feeling he might not be with us at the end of the season 

At this moment in time I would be happy because we look like a team who are in a relegation fight and not bothered about Europe.we have been shite since fa cup win

• Like 1

I'd be a lot more forgiving if he comes out and owns it but he won't. It'll be the usual stuff about how the players weren't quick enough today and how our passing wasn't up to scratch and we didn't take our chances or whatever. 

But I'm sorry, this is one of his worst nights for us. 

And look, that's alright. He's done great things here and you're not always going to get it right. But today he got it very wrong from start to finish. His original selection was just stupid, his substitutions were poor, the whole approach has been naff. 

At a time when we're desperate for confidence and a bit of form. 

Genuinely worried we'll get a hiding on Sunday. Big pressure on everyone now to turn it around. 

If we lose to Palace and United, which there is a huge chance we will, then Rodgers is going to be under serious pressure. In any job in the world, if you keep doing the same thing even if its the wrong thing and it doesn't work, you will get sacked. His team selections and tactics have been nothing short of gross misconduct. He is solely to blame for this utter shit show! This season has a huge Ranieri 2nd season feel about it, except we were actually good in Europe under Ranieri. 

• Like 1

Everything starts from the back and we're fvcked at the back.

I can't totally blame Rodgers when Fofana, Justin and Evans are all missing.

If they were all fit and playing well, I don't think we'd be discussing BR's future.

Can’t believe I’m coming round to the idea of him leaving being a good thing. Feels reactionary, but we have deserved what we have got this season. 

Extremely poor football, occasionally with a frantic 10 mins at the end as we try to avoid embarrassment. 

We are comfortably a bottom half side at the moment, and will not make it through the Europa group. 

Just now, Brooksy said:

I get the feeling he won't be here much longer.

Nope, he's gone if this carries on. People will laugh or say it is harsh, but our title winning manager was sacked the following season for these sort of performances. Our owners will not stand for much more of this 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

If we lose to Palace and United, which there is a huge chance we will, then Rodgers is going to be under serious pressure. In any job in the world, if you keep doing the same thing even if its the wrong thing and it doesn't work, you will get sacked. His team selections and tactics have been nothing short of gross misconduct. He is solely to blame for this utter shit show! This season has a huge Ranieri 2nd season feel about it, except we were actually good in Europe under Ranieri. 

I agree generally with what you're saying but I don't agree that he is solely to blame. The players need to take ownership of this too. 

Just now, sdb said:

He literally had a formula for attractive, successful football. What the hell happened? Is the compensation package just too good? 

His 'formula' is old fashioned now. Better managers evolve their tactics but his are old and stale.

An hour we were behind for, and we barely troubled them. 

Guest Kopfkino

If Tottenham binned off Nino and came knocking again, I’d shake his hand and say thank you very much, see you again on 14th December

Just now, Izzy said:

If they were all fit and playing well, I don't think we'd be discussing BR's future.

True, but they aren’t.

Fofana probably won’t play until the last 20 minutes of the season, and Evans appears to be at the age where he’s gonna struggle to put 3-4 starts together in a run.

If what we’ve seen this season is all BR can come up with until Wes is back, we’re gonna be finishing bottom six at best.

That said, I don’t agree that BR only has 2-3 games to save his job. Surely we owe him until Christmas at least?