Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Please don't let this be a protracted death knell of Rodgers, his demeanour has infected the squad.  This feels like when your staying with your girlfriend and you know it is over, you're just waiting to line another one up before you pull the trigger, but you end up staying too long and end up disliking her more. 

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Rodgers, a fine manager and coach, did not sugar-coat any pills when outlining the current situation in what some might regard as a high-risk strategy in delivering brutal reality.

Really?

It’s like they’re on his payroll. I mean, forget whether I agree with that statement or not, what’s the need to add it ? It’s madness. He has us bottom of the league and we’ve played some pretty poor stuff for 12 months. Forget them calling him out, I don’t think I’ve seen him being criticised by the media.

• Like 3

I’m not saying Rodgers has been remotely good this season with his tactics and selection but I’m not letting the players off the hook. Regardless of the managers selection and tactics it’s hard to point to any player that has stood out in a positive way.

Even in our poor form for the run of last season KDH and Madison looked fantastic even in games we lost. Everyone has been invisible this season.

I have to give credit to Kasper for seeing the train wreck coming and getting out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The basic issue is that if he doesn’t like it he can resign 

he won’t lose anything (except a shed load of money)

so it becomes about what’s important to him 

his interviews are increasingly about why he can’t as opposed to how he can 

It’s pretty obvious to me that he is raising the stakes each time he speaks to elicit a termination of his contract 

the board are right to wait for him to blink first but it’s clear that he won’t - so they risk the future of the club over doing nothing.. 

the solution is to release him of his responsibilities as first team coach and to  just keep paying him for sitting at home. He won’t do that for three years and at some point a job will come up that he wants - then he will have to resign.  The calculation of the board is which option is cheaper - coming to an arrangement over his severance (probably 18 months pay) or leaving him to wait for a job to be offered him that he wants more than the money we’re paying him. 

either way it’s going to cost us as much as £15m or potentially just a couple. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LCFC_Iceland said:

I’m not saying Rodgers has been remotely good this season with his tactics and selection but I’m not letting the players off the hook. Regardless of the managers selection and tactics it’s hard to point to any player that has stood out in a positive way.

Even in our poor form for the run of last season KDH and Madison looked fantastic even in games we lost. Everyone has been invisible this season.

I have to give credit to Kasper for seeing the train wreck coming and getting out. 

Ever heard of ‘losing the dressing room’

It’s not always just about players not trying - if they’ve lost the mental drive to compete that tenth of a percent it makes a difference in a game of small margins 

I’ve asked if anyone has the data for distance recovered and sprints this season - would be good to know and compare to last season and the one before. 

players rarely ‘don’t try’ - it’s way more nuanced than that 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Ever heard of ‘losing the dressing room’

It’s not always just about players not trying - if they’ve lost the mental drive to compete that tenth of a percent it makes a difference in a game of small margins 

I’ve asked if anyone has the data for distance recovered and sprints this season - would be good to know and compare to last season and the one before. 

players rarely ‘don’t try’ - it’s way more nuanced than that 

I asked exactly the same….I really want someone to share the stats around our players sprints/distance covered etc 

I think it was Spurs before Conte got there, went from bottom of distance covered to top of the charts.

2 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

His continual blame of the board and its lack of investment is sending such a negative outlook on our club to the wider audience and it  is harming our status and possible future revenue from sponsorship deals etc.. .

With how negative he is speaking openly with the media, you can just imagine that the morale around the players and staff is at a real low.

The club is being portrayed as being in real difficulty, when in truth it has not long opened a world class training facility, it is raring to go to increase the ground capacity and redevelop its surroundings and it has also has backed the manager even during a pandemic that has hit the Owners hard.

Brendan if you can not tactically set up a team with this talent and premier league experience within the squad, it is you who has failed the club.

You are called an elite manager who is paid an elite managers wage, but you are not performing or conducting yourself in an elite managers way.

Spot on. And he's effectively damaging the club's reputation and brand with his public utterances now. Will be interesting to see how that flies legally. 

• Like 1

We only conceded one goal.   The 11th in 5 games.

Following a pre-season, where we have lost Fofana, who was brought into a squad as a vack-up to two players still at the club,  defensively we are poor.

Yesterday, I think Ward was right to kick long and safe.   It should have bought a few seconds to defensively reorganise.   Instead Manchester had so much space to work in that NASA may have taken an interest. 

The lack of cohesion supports a fresh eye being needed.

Surely,  the club has an idea of who to bring in.

Reading his comments from last night - I don’t completely disagree. Our board/recruitment have been useless. This sustainability discussion is poor. It’s ridiculous. Not only has it set the club back years, it makes the whole “growth” strategy a farce. So I’m not going to criticise him for that.

However, his teams have no structure, no tactic, no organisation, no guidance, no belief, no commitment. For that, regardless of new players, falls on him. Maddison, Tielemans, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, KDH, Kelechi are just a few names who will all get PL moves tomorrow if the price is right. We are heavily underachieving with the players we have got. 

He needs to go with a few others.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Forget the performance, result, reaction from fans etc, surely there will be some blowback from the comments he made last night.

Saying the team needs reinforcements wasn’t a sackable offense. But the last 10 months should have been. I can only assume we’re waiting to lose to a mid table team before we sack him. Either that or we’re waiting for him to walk and risking him driving us into relegation.

• Like 1

When Rodgers said in January the club/players need a refresh that was the start of the current demise. His players probably thought “Does he mean me?” 

As a result there is a lack of trust, self doubt, less togetherness etc. Some may be suspicious of Brendan. There’s a lack of leaders on the pitch and trouble in the wind. There’s trouble in the wind boys… 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Reading his comments from last night - I don’t completely disagree. Our board/recruitment have been useless. This sustainability discussion is poor. It’s ridiculous. Not only has it set the club back year, it makes the whole “growth” strategy a farce. So I’m not going to criticise him for that.

Yes i agree

Board and owner are to blame

But Brendan is not the guy who should be blaming anyone

Brendan should go asap and owner should wake up because we will not survive summer like this anymore

Agree with @Mickyblueeyes

Brendan is an issue, he cannot setup a team properly anymore, and what on Earth do we do in training?

However, to put all failures at his door is wrong imo, transfers are required to refresh and renew competition.

Saying that, Brendan is still the biggest issue as if a scenario is failing - CHANGE IT

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Please don't let this be a protracted death knell of Rodgers, his demeanour has infected the squad.  This feels like when your staying with your girlfriend and you know it is over, you're just waiting to line another one up before you pull the trigger, but you end up staying too long and end up disliking her more. 

A bit drastic shooting your ex- girlfriends.

• Haha 1

His comments last night were challenging the board to sack him. Its as clear as day he doesnt want to be here anymore and this stupid game of chicken they’ve got going on is damaging the club immensely. 

They were stupid enough to give him such a big contract they have to be humble enough to rectify it.