Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 hours ago, majaco said:

No.

But his time here has come and gone.

He is a legend of the club because of his achievements.   It is a shame to see the current state of decline.  Rodgers is not turning it around.   If/when he goes,hopefully someone else will.

But which will he be remembered for? 

Winning us our first FA cup or taking us backwards and blaming his own players for not being good enough? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

The team needs not only new management, but a completely new perspective looking at it and choosing the players.

Soyuncu is clearly a better option, on form, than Amartey or Ndidi filling in.

Evans is going to get injured and we need options.

The shape is wrong. We need three at the back and two up front.

Vardy can't lead the line now, much less do it alone.

Daka runs the risk of wasting his career unless he gets minutes. Iheanacho's goal to minutes contribution is good enough to warrant more starts. 

What we have is a manager who is too proud to change things. Players are in there without merit and others know they'll never be picked regardless. There is no motivation in either party to do better; why bust a gut when you know you're not going to play and the same applies when you know you're in regardless of form. I suspect Amartey would have played last night had he been well. 

Rodgers is too stubborn, too arrogant and too set in his ways to make the necessary changes. Thankfully, he appears to be on his way from the comments he's made. The next appointment is massive and the club cannot afford to **** it up.

Very well articulated couldn’t agree more @Bilo

This all stems from Fofana's broken leg. It triggered the panic buying of Vesterguard which meant we couldn't spend on a right winger, which meant we were weakened for another push for Europa. Last season with all its issues has had massive knock on effects. Then the board and owners have decided not to replenish the squad whilst teams all around us have seen record spending and investment. If I was in Rodgers shoes I'd be seriously f***ed off. Maybe he has lost the dressing room. Maybe he does need to go. But he hasn't been set up for success this transfer window. It feels like we are doing the best we can in the circumstances. Would any other manager that would realistically come to us with no transfer budget and our current squad do any better? Is Dyche REALLY the answer? If they have someone else up their sleeves then great. bring it on. Potter wont be coming..

Realistically we are where we are, and it isn't logical or fair to entirely lay the blame with Rodgers. Hopefully now the window has closed and players get their heads back in the game we will come good. 

He knows exactly what he is doing.

trying to protect his rep without having to walk. scott parker got bulleted for constant public calling out of the owners.

since the forest game he has banged on and on about a refresh. what is needed is a brainwash on Rogers to change from this loathsome crab football..

its absolutely the end of the road for him.

Top needs to get rid now!!!

Another vomit inducing Rodgers love in article in the media this morning, this one by Phil McNulty on the bbc. 

How do people, whose literal job it is to know about this, get it so so wrong…

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I personally think the boards/owner whoever has made this decision to be financially prudent and therefore sustainable in our spending needs applauding. Last night the transfer window shut closed and approximately 1.9 billion was spent in the premier league alone. The whole media narrative up until today is who and what is moving, regardless of the 5/6 games being played dependent on cup involvement. We have previously been stung by other clubs failing their FFP, and then their punishment not being followed through. I remember Man City having their punishment announced, whilst waiting to head to Wolves on a Friday night in February 2020, where I watched a feeble performance that would become the epitome of Rodgers reign here, the highlight being a harshly disallowed wolves goal as we scraped a 0-0. However, our owners/board have shown integrity, something that epitomises their spell here, by not spending as Top said last night, until other players had left.

Whilst this has turned into a longer post than anticipated, my overall point is that we have a good enough squad to stay(never say too good to go down), Brendan is blaming the sensibilities of the board on this poor form. Whilst I am sure the lack of right winger frustrates him as it does us, there are no excuses for the abject football that has been on display for over a year, if he was committed to the club he would understand their decision to protect our finances and just work with the squad given to him. He clearly needs to go on the basis of his excuses and the fact that we are bottom of the table with a squad who shouldn’t be, despite the spin he wishes to put on things.

This is a magnificent post.

The club has made a lot of mistakes, least of all some very abject recruitment. But they are trying to be prudent by not spending like drunken sailors. We have a club good enough to stay in the prem, and next season a lot of the chaff will leave on a free anyway.

It is Rodgers who is trying to pass the buck and who is the main problem at this moment.

Another thing. Id rather have this problem now than stagger to halfway and fall off a cliff then. Under the right management, we will be fine. But we are blessed with time. We can't squander that. The board must act, and soon.

• Like 3

Do you think he hasn't gone yet because they cannot find anyone to replace him? Short term it can't be an attractive proposition? They need to keep us up but they'll have no money to spend in January or for the foreseeable future. 

19 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I personally think the boards/owner whoever has made this decision to be financially prudent and therefore sustainable in our spending needs applauding. Last night the transfer window shut closed and approximately 1.9 billion was spent in the premier league alone. The whole media narrative up until today is who and what is moving, regardless of the 5/6 games being played dependent on cup involvement. We have previously been stung by other clubs failing their FFP, and then their punishment not being followed through. I remember Man City having their punishment announced, whilst waiting to head to Wolves on a Friday night in February 2020, where I watched a feeble performance that would become the epitome of Rodgers reign here, the highlight being a harshly disallowed wolves goal as we scraped a 0-0. However, our owners/board have shown integrity, something that epitomises their spell here, by not spending as Top said last night, until other players had left.

Whilst this has turned into a longer post than anticipated, my overall point is that we have a good enough squad to stay(never say too good to go down), Brendan is blaming the sensibilities of the board on this poor form. Whilst I am sure the lack of right winger frustrates him as it does us, there are no excuses for the abject football that has been on display for over a year, if he was committed to the club he would understand their decision to protect our finances and just work with the squad given to him. He clearly needs to go on the basis of his excuses and the fact that we are bottom of the table with a squad who shouldn’t be, despite the spin he wishes to put on things.

A number of teams over the years have had a good enough squad to stay up, but haven’t. Once the rot sets in and the confidence goes momentum can pull you down. 

We need someone to come in, assess the players, tell them they’ve had a long enough pre season now and that it’s time to start playing, fighting and winning. 

The team, as you imply, are not being lead. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Another vomit inducing Rodgers love in article in the media this morning, this one by Phil McNulty on the bbc. 

How do people, whose literal job it is to know about this, get it so so wrong…

Snip:

How long Rodgers' patience lasts, particularly when he is on the receiving end of criticism when seemingly powerless to refresh his Leicester team, remains to be seen.

Rodgers brought a freshness, the FA Cup and two seasons that almost brought Champions League football to Leicester City after succeeding Claude Puel in February 2019.

This, though, now feels like a stale club, a stale team and a fanbase who remember the glorious past few years slipping away before their eyes.

Oh the poor 'ickle man getting criticism. All about Rodgers isn't it. Why is it not possible for this lot to cast a critical eye on his ability as a coach. 

Also, i found Jermaine Jenas's commentary interesting last night. He was shocked how fragile the team looked. It was clear he had done no homework before the game. 

I'll always be grateful for the FA Cup win as well as those 5th place finishes, but all good things come to an end and his tenure here has. 

It's such a shame the he appears to be deliberately choosing the wrong players for the game to make his point about like of signings/quality whatever excuse.

We've lost Kasper and Forfana but we still have enough quality to finish mid table at least but I seems a negative mind set has set in and we don't believe in ourselves (fans and players). 

Anyway put him on gardening leave and bring in someone with fresh ideas and able to show the players they at loved, I'm sure we will start climbing up the table. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Motty said:

He knows exactly what he is doing.

trying to protect his rep without having to walk. scott parker got bulleted for constant public calling out of the owners.

since the forest game he has banged on and on about a refresh. what is needed is a brainwash on Rogers to change from this loathsome crab football..

its absolutely the end of the road for him.

Top needs to get rid now!!!

He is just spouting the narative to explain his availability to he next employer.  Sad little man

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Snip:

Oh the poor 'ickle man getting criticism. All about Rodgers isn't it. Why is it not possible for this lot to cast a critical eye on his ability as a coach. 

Also, i found Jermaine Jenas's commentary interesting last night. He was shocked how fragile the team looked. It was clear he had done no homework before the game. 

Listening to him it is clear he never did any homework 

This is the thing I hate about managers. It’s never their fault when things are going bad but they take all the credit when things are going well. The only solution they ever have is I need to spend more money. We can’t so your paid a fortune to work out another solution.

Man U were there for the taking last night they could barely string two passes together themselves apart from a little period in the first half. Look what Bournemouth did when their manager started openly criticising his owner. We should now do the same.

Just now, Joefox said:

This is the thing I hate about managers. It’s never their fault when things are going bad but they take all the credit when things are going well. The only solution they ever have is I need to spend more money. We can’t so your paid a fortune to work out another solution.

Man U were there for the taking last night they could barely string two passes together themselves apart from a little period in the first half. Look what Bournemouth did when their manager started openly criticising his owner. We should now do the same.

Not all managers. I think this is something Pearson was great at, always players when it was going well and him (or the refs) when it was going badly. 

Listening to talk sport this morning on the way to work they were talking about Brendan his one interview was almost like he was saying his goodbyes, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was to go I. The next few days as he’s publicly blamed the board for the failures going on at Leicester not being backed with signings etc; I’m not a follower of conspiracy theories but his team choices tactics incompetent use of substitutions etc almost feel like he’s protesting to the board in a way that is the worst way.

Being bottom of the premier league poor displays poor use of substitutions his negative blaming everyone else but himself, his posture and the way he looked like a dead man walking last night seems he’s only just hanging on or very close to being sacked either way you can’t go slating the board and think you’ll keep your job if he’s on his way out hope Top or Rudkin have Pochettino’s phone number be interesting to see how we play Sunday V Brighton if he goes if he’s still here I can see another negative result and performance!