Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

49 minutes ago, majaco said:

We only conceded one goal.   The 11th in 5 games.

Following a pre-season, where we have lost Fofana, who was brought into a squad as a vack-up to two players still at the club,  defensively we are poor.

Yesterday, I think Ward was right to kick long and safe.   It should have bought a few seconds to defensively reorganise.   Instead Manchester had so much space to work in that NASA may have taken an interest. 

The lack of cohesion supports a fresh eye being needed.

Surely,  the club has an idea of who to bring in.

Going short to Ndidi was the correct pass to give us time to breathe and reset. 

All he did was put us in a pickle!

• Like 2

It certainly will be a negative performance because the performances are reflecting the manager. He has become the most negative, fear riddled manager I’ve ever seen at the club. Not the worst manager we’ve had, but he is tarnishing his own legacy now. 

We have a squad with talented players. Probably the 7th or 8th best squad in the league. The buck stops with the manager and if Brendan cannot sort this out, and it’s obvious he can’t, then he should go. It’s clear he is angling for the chop, having built his weasel narrative. Top just needs to pull the trigger. It’s what the rest of the Fof money available is for I’m sure. 

33 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

This all stems from Fofana's broken leg. It triggered the panic buying of Vesterguard which meant we couldn't spend on a right winger, which meant we were weakened for another push for Europa. Last season with all its issues has had massive knock on effects. Then the board and owners have decided not to replenish the squad whilst teams all around us have seen record spending and investment. If I was in Rodgers shoes I'd be seriously f***ed off. Maybe he has lost the dressing room. Maybe he does need to go. But he hasn't been set up for success this transfer window. It feels like we are doing the best we can in the circumstances. Would any other manager that would realistically come to us with no transfer budget and our current squad do any better? Is Dyche REALLY the answer? If they have someone else up their sleeves then great. bring it on. Potter wont be coming..

Realistically we are where we are, and it isn't logical or fair to entirely lay the blame with Rodgers. Hopefully now the window has closed and players get their heads back in the game we will come good. 

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you.

Prior to Fofana’s leg break, you could argue that a centre back was needed anyway due to Evans’ injury problems.Yes, Fofana’s injury made it more urgent that we acquire one and on Rodgers’ recommendation, we go out and get Vestergaard. Let’s be honest here though, we still signed a winger in Lookman who was far more productive than our previous right winger Under. The excuse you’ve provided here is that spending the £15m on Veste prevented us from getting the winger we needed but 1. Who (better than Lookman) would’ve been available for that price?, 2. We arguably had a better season with Under despite him barely featuring which is evidence against your hypothesis, 3. We signed both a centre back and a winger anyway during that window, and 4. By all accounts, Rodgers wanted Veste, it wasn’t a signing that was forced on him. Taking all this together, it seems really strange to me to focus on the signing of Veste (no matter how abysmal) without any of that blame going to Rodgers.

He has got this team going backwards and going backwards fast. We saw just what he was capable of in terms of mentality and tactical ineptitude in his first full season here and since then it’s gotten progressively worse. I don’t blame the board for not wanting to back him any further, especially at a time when the squad needs trimming. He’s stacked up too many players who will never make the grade and the series of injuries incurred under his reign is also seriously worrying.

We joke about Dyche but he managed to keep a poor Burnley side in the prem for an age without spending barely any money at all. Rodgers has spent considerably more and has what is already a decent squad. I don’t think he would keep us up this year by contrast. He’s not getting the best out of this team and he’s actively made many players worse. In fact, the more time a player spends under him, the worse they have gotten. I can’t think of a single player that has improved under him perhaps bar Maddison. 

Edited by oadby.fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, somebum said:

Just watched his bt sport interview

The bitterness on his face as he blamed everyone else ...horrible

He really does look insane at this point

Screenshot_20220902-080438.png

Got to be honest I have stopped paying too much attention to his post match interviews recently, but there was definitely something about this one that felt like the end. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

Got to be honest I have stopped paying too much attention to his post match interviews recently, but there was definitely something about this one that felt like the end. 

We can only hope. Replacement won’t be Poch though. Not a chance in all hell. 

Rob Tanner is insistent that Rodgers being on 10m a year is a complete myth. He isn't on anywhere near that. If that's the case then sacking him off is quite feasible. And judging by what Rodgers said post United game, he also thinks the end is near for him. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

Rob Tanner is insistent that Rodgers bring on 10m a year is a complete myth. He isn't on anywhere near that. If that's the case then sacking him off is quite feasible. And judging by what Rodgers said post United game, he also thinks the end is near for him. 

Let’s hope he is right 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Hopefully 8.30am - 9.00am announcement today not holding my breath though. He absolutely should not be in the dugout for Brighton away.

Agree he should go, but let me ask you a question - do you think the problems will be magically resolved when he goes?

• Haha 1

It’s just time for a change, end of. His team selection is baffling at times. Thought Thomas did well last night but from 75mins he was knackerd why not swap him, brining Daka on with 3 minutes to go is rubbish. Make 3 on 60 mins and try win the game ffs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

It feels like we are doing the best we can in the circumstances. Would any other manager that would realistically come to us with no transfer budget and our current squad do any better? Is Dyche REALLY the answer? If they have someone else up their sleeves then great. bring it on. Potter wont be coming..

Realistically we are where we are, and it isn't logical or fair to entirely lay the blame with Rodgers. Hopefully now the window has closed and players get their heads back in the game we will come good. 

You’re living in fantasy land, I don’t even know where to begin. 

A league 1 manager would have this squad playing better. I’ll take anyone just to get this clown out. 

Zero chance of this being turned around, how are people still saying this FFS. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree he should go, but let me ask you a question - do you think the problems will be magically resolved when he goes?

No, but a fresh pair of eye and a new approach can start the road to recovery. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Rodgers goes the boost will be equivalent to signing 3 quality players. 

• Like 2

There is clearly a divide building between Brendan and the board.

Board are holding firm with Rodgers in saying we gave you money to spend last summer - which was mentioned in Top’s programme notes.

Rodgers is clearly making a point by not playing certain players and not making subs. We’ve made the fewest subs in the entire league by quite some distance.

Just not sure if we will pull the trigger or he will walk. He’d be silly to walk from a £20m+ payout but then again he only cares about his own personal brand.

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hopefully 8.30am - 9.00am announcement today not holding my breath though. He absolutely should not be in the dugout for Brighton away.

The pre match notes from Top clearly show he has (thus far) attributed our poor form to the instability during the transfer window. Suggests to me he will start to take it more seriously if things don’t turn around in the next month or so. 

he even hinted that he expects a turnaround now the window is shut and Brendan “has stability” 

Edited by FoxesWalk

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s a good question and the answer is no, not immediately. Likely a bounce, there usually is, but any incoming manager will have a tangle of issues to unpick. 

Edited by ARM1968

I've been a staunch defender of BR in the past but the thing that annoys me is how he throws either the board or players under a bus.

He never blames himself or even the ref or opposition like Ferguson, Klopp or Pep would do.

Edited by Nalis

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Rob Tanner is insistent that Rodgers being on 10m a year is a complete myth. He isn't on anywhere near that. If that's the case then sacking him off is quite feasible. And judging by what Rodgers said post United game, he also thinks the end is near for him. 

Yeah I heard its closer to 5m a year