Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

What made me laugh was he spouts that new signings create competition for places and push players to improve. Ignoring that after the Stockport game he more or less said Ward is obviously our number 1, regardless of his competition in Iversen having a great game.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 4

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Wallowing in self pity rather than taking responsibility for bad buys and far too many players regressing rather than developing under his tenure. 

Not the character you want to be leading you when you’re in the trenches 

Mike... he lost the respect required to lead months ago.  We are so far from the happy club the thais want.  Top needs to show leadership now.

1 minute ago, Golden Fox said:

I was accused of being a Rodgers flag waver a couple of weeks ago, but having gone to the game last night, I'm fully in the Rodgers out camp:

1) He does not have a game plan to suit the players. The tactic seemed to be for Youri to drop back to a centre back position to try and "Quarterback" the play, but Utd were pressing the triangles, him, Ndidi and Ward were playing and there was no quality ball. When we needed to drive forward in the 2nd half, the players didn't know whether to use their instinct and go forward or do what Rodgers had drilled into them and pass around looking for space. We have some very good attacking players - Vardy, Maddison, Barnes, KDH and Tielemens, but they weren't utilised and our dynamic forward movement only broke out in patches. Vardy in particular was completely wasted. Simple fact is that his plan is not working.

2) Blaming the lack of transfers. Look at the starting FA Cup final line up: From that starting line up, we have lost Schmeichel (with a £9m replacement in) and Fofana, but Maddison didn't start through injury. We still have 9 players that got the hold grail - I appreciate others have spent and improved, but fundamentally, we still have that side, so that is not a lack of quality. As has been pointed out by others, what he said was pretty similar to the comments that got Scott Parker sacked.

3) Alienating players. His Radio Leicester comments yesterday were to say Vestergaard wasn't considered as he hadn't been playing, and Soyunucu was no where near the level in training that he needed to be - which was harsh, but true. There is a long list of players that Rodgers has had time with and concluded they aren't good enough. This is not the sign of a good manager, and its his job to get those players performing - particularly when we are paying the wages we are. He has had some of these players for a long time, and they are now unsellable and unplayable. I don't think its the squad that needs a refresh - but a refresh of the voice leading them.

4) His whole attitude is defeatist (very similar to Parker). Not the attitude of a man who is going to turn things around.

As much as I hate blaming and changing managers, it is clear our team is a million miles away from the team fighting for top 4 spots with very similar personnel, and we are moving further away from that rather than getting closer, and quick action will give us time to reset the season before it gets too out of hand.

Point3.  Ridgers abandons players. He never fixes them 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

A number of teams over the years have had a good enough squad to stay up, but haven’t. Once the rot sets in and the confidence goes momentum can pull you down. 

We need someone to come in, assess the players, tell them they’ve had a long enough pre season now and that it’s time to start playing, fighting and winning. 

The team, as you imply, are not being lead. 

Yes definitely, that’s why I said never say too good to go down. The rot is clear to see, however he offers no leadership or explanation of how things will change. He just blames the lack of signings and the lack of ambition, his willingness to pander to the immediate future for the media is alarming and damaging to the club, instead of portraying the longer term picture. He also compared the situation to taking over Watford in the relegation zone, he is so arrogant, Brendan you have taken us there instead of inheriting it!

• Like 1

Seems clear that the players are mentally not in a good place and however hard they train and prepare for games the negativity will not go away under the present regime.

We need a manager and staff who are going to come in and change this mindset. It may not be the manager we would ideally want but in the short term we need to be looking at who is capable of instilling a feeling of belief and worth as we go on the pitch.

40 points is now the aim for the season and not 60+.

23 minutes ago, shiv said:

There is clearly a divide building between Brendan and the board.

Board are holding firm with Rodgers in saying we gave you money to spend last summer - which was mentioned in Top’s programme notes.

Rodgers is clearly making a point by not playing certain players and not making subs. We’ve made the fewest subs in the entire league by quite some distance.

Just not sure if we will pull the trigger or he will walk. He’d be silly to walk from a £20m+ payout but then again he only cares about his own personal brand.

...we can't keep mentioning this supposed gargantuan payout!!!

Garden leave until he finds suitable employment or an agreed pay off for for 12 months of his outstanding contract, we do not have to pay up his full salary. 

Apparently the £10m a year was said to have been overstated, by a renowned journalist, it is said to be nowhere near that figure.

32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree he should go, but let me ask you a question - do you think the problems will be magically resolved when he goes?

As @Finnegan rightfully put, the tactics but most importantly the collective TEAM spirits are shot under the little rat.

I’ve been a big Rodgers out fan for months but how he is so blatantly playing “safe face” at any opportunity makes me dislike the guy.

A manager who goes back to basics adds some positivity around the place is worth their weight in gold right now.

BUT, we need to stop saying our squad is top 10 standard - nothing suggests that right now….we should have enough to stay up but a HUGE rebuild next summer (hopefully in the Prem) is so badly needed.

there is an angle which we cannot know about 

what was rodgers promised ?   He mentions a lot that we only have an average net spend of £25m - wasn’t he told this when he joined us ? That we have to sell to spend 50/70m in a window ??

anyway, we are prepared top for the crap we will get when we sack him ….. we coped with Claudio, we’ll cope with this !

hopefully some pundits will be reminded what Poch did when he didn’t receive any new players one summer ……

56 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Listening to talk sport this morning on the way to work they were talking about Brendan his one interview was almost like he was saying his goodbyes, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was to go I. The next few days as he’s publicly blamed the board for the failures going on at Leicester not being backed with signings etc; I’m not a follower of conspiracy theories but his team choices tactics incompetent use of substitutions etc almost feel like he’s protesting to the board in a way that is the worst way.

Being bottom of the premier league poor displays poor use of substitutions his negative blaming everyone else but himself, his posture and the way he looked like a dead man walking last night seems he’s only just hanging on or very close to being sacked either way you can’t go slating the board and think you’ll keep your job if he’s on his way out hope Top or Rudkin have Pochettino’s phone number be interesting to see how we play Sunday V Brighton if he goes if he’s still here I can see another negative result and performance!

If they won’t spend any money on players, they won’t spend that much on paying brendan off; he’s just baiting them to do it! 

There’s absolutely no winner, and we the fans are the ones who suffer. Disgusting when you think how much the average earner has to spend of their wages in this climate to watch this shit!

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we can't keep mentioning this supposed gargantuan payout!!!

Garden leave until he finds suitable employment or an agreed pay off for for 12 months of his outstanding contract, we do not have to pay up his full salary. 

Apparently the £10m a year was said to have been overstated, by a renowned journalist, it is said to be nowhere near that figure.

What about his staff? They must also be on obscene wages. 

I'm still waiting for him to improve the players, he seemed to do that in the short term and injuries have played a part, but I just don't see major improvements to our players.  He must suffer "short man syndrome" he seems to over compensate (massive ego) when trying to cover his own arse, nothing is ever his fault and the blame lies elsewhere.  I just want his over inflated ego out of the club. 

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"I've not been backed" is the message BR is peddling around currently.

But, to everyone looking on, that simply isn't the case. 

We've broken transfer fees, wage fees and manager fees for this man. We've signed player after player after player, to support this man. 

He had an entire rejig of our backroom staff and key personnel to be to his liking.

But, he's throwing his toys out the pram.

Look at the side from last night, lacking everything a Leicester side from the last half a decade has had. No passion, no drive, no one pressuring the hell out of the opposition.

I don't care how much money you're spending, those 3 are absolutely required. No amount of money is fixing that, that comes from the man and the staff in charge. That blame comes down the one, the manager.

And frankly, listening to him blame the board week after week is not good enough. in the past we'd have used these situations to have a us Vs the rest of the league mentality. Instead, Rodgers has started a him Vs the board row. 

I think it's time for a change. 

The pressure and amount of running last night was abysmal. I was thinking about Man City’s and Liverpools press whilst watching Man Utd stroll the ball around in our half. Our pressure was that of Sunday league, it’s disgusting to watch. 

9 hours ago, hejammy said:

Does anyone know if Top was there at the game tonight? Didn't see him myself but I'm sat pretty far away from the directors box

he wasn’t but that isn’t unusual for a night game where trains back to London are unreliable (and the M1 had several closures - grrrr) 

Rudders absent because I imagine a DOF has to be available as the window ends 

susan seemed to be texting on her phone quite a lot, especially during the first half. 

24 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

4) His whole attitude is defeatist (very similar to Parker). Not the attitude of a man who is going to turn things around.

Really true, if he wasnt such an egotistical cry baby and was positive e.g "we've not been able to have the transfer window we wanted, but the squad is strong and we're working to get the season back on track", he'd keep some fans (and players) on his side.

Edited by lgfualol

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

What about his staff? They must also be on obscene wages. 

...including his staff, it still would not reach £20m!!!

There are list showing Rodgers being on £5m or £7m per year, garden leave or an agreed pay off  along with his staff would as a worst case scenario,  be just under £10m I would think.