Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I honestly hate his guts now. 

if you asked me 18 months or so ago, I’d say whilst there are signs we are slipping and we need to address a number of problems, he is in the top 5 managers we have had. 

Fast forward 18 months, he hasn’t addressed anything, we constantly do the same things wrong, sleepwalking into relegation. 

I honestly think Puel has a better legacy, he built the bones of the most successful Rodger’s side. Transformed the club in terms of style, can argue if that was good or bad, but at least he made an impact and could change things. Rodgers has ridden on Puel’s coat tails essentially, and then has no idea what to do when it starts to go wrong. We had one of the most exciting young squads in the league when he took over… 

I actually agree with this, Puel got rid of a lot of the dead wood and recruited well. BR was able to build on that but not develop his own squad. 

He’s got to go. His position is untenable now. No wonder the players body language and performances are so bad, he’s done nothing but blame everyone except himself over the past 6 months. He’s consistently bought badly and that’s not sustainable for any club never mind a small market club such as ours. 

Big "We want Rodgers out" chants at the end of the game coupled with the massive booing.

We are lucky United didn't batter us because a good team would have. The 10-15 minutes after the goal was incredible to watch. To say the team has no confidence is a  massive undersyatement.

Such a shame to see what he's done to Justin in particular. Taken everything that was once brilliant in his game.

The squad is ready made for an attacking manager to come in and let these lads off the lead. Can't wait to be honest.

• Like 2

ffs. My head hurts from the silly amounts of gin i drank to numb the pain. I've watch his shitty interviews and i've read all the journalists waxing lyrical about how amazing he is and how he is having to put up with us. I have a full calendar of crappy meetings i don't want to attend and was hoping to have a little bit of good new before the day got real. Cmon - just do it!

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

there is an angle which we cannot know about 

what was rodgers promised ?   He mentions a lot that we only have an average net spend of £25m - wasn’t he told this when he joined us ? That we have to sell to spend 50/70m in a window ??

anyway, we are prepared top for the crap we will get when we sack him ….. we coped with Claudio, we’ll cope with this !

hopefully some pundits will be reminded what Poch did when he didn’t receive any new players one summer ……

There is a weirdness around this. He banged on about the refresh for months. If there was no intention to rebuild or that rebuild was significantly on sales - surely you reign you manager in - stop talking, it’s not that clear. 

I also think it’s quite significant going forward. To attract the manager we want or the board propose to want, they are not buying this sustainability talk. Any new manager will want 2/3/4 signings come January. The players coming in will want assurances. It’s not normal for a club to operate in this manner if everything is a-ok with finances as we are being told. The board need to recognise this asap.

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

He's not going before Sunday. 

Agree. Top’s notes laid it out pretty clearly that he attributes our start to the disruption of the window, and that he hopes it closing provides Brendan and the squad with the “stability” they need to turn it around. He will get another month I reckon to turn it around. I still think we go into the Bournemouth/Forest games in October bottom of the league with a max of 2 points. 

Still one of the best managers/coaches we’ve ever had and for me not the main reason we are in the sh1t now ..  but because he is stuck with players who he wanted gone this is creating a toxic atmosphere.  We keep one disgruntled player away from the squad in a situation like this but what if there are several of them  ….  unfortunately there is only one answer to the problem.  He’s got to go.  And I can’t believe I’m saying this. 

• Haha 3

Rodgers is right that he needed help in the transfer market.  He's been largely useless.  By my count he has made 11 signings since he became manager.  Fofana has left, Under left having barely kicked a ball and Lookman went as well after we declined the option to sign him.  So we have 8 players in the squad who were signed by Rodgers.

Brendan's team last night v Man U made just 5 changes from the team that lost 4-1 to Crystal Palace in Puel's last game in February 2019, 3 and a half seasons ago.  I'd go so far to say that if Ricardo wasn't injured, it would have been 4 changes.  Of the 5 changes to that team, one was a Puel signing (Ward), two were youth team promotions (Thomas and KDH), meaning that Soumare and Justin were the only Brendan signings in the team.  After 7 transfer windows.

Praet, Castagne, Perez and Daka.  All Brendan signings, all on the bench last night.

Vestergaard and Bertrand not included.

Surely you make signings largely to improve the starting 11?  Since the summer window going into the 19/20 season, he's had his chances to boost the squad, but is has completely failed.  Not being able to waste more money this summer is not the cause of our demise.

• Like 3

Just now, Dames said:

The board need to act now, anything less than two wins in the next 2 games and we'll be adrift with very little chance of catching up.

We aren't winning our next 2 with Rodgers in charge no chance, Brighton will beat us 2-0 and Aston Villa at home will probably be either a 1-1 or 2-1 to them. We need to make the change should have done at the end of last season, but anyway we cannot change the past we can only change the present, and the present requires us to get rid of Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

The board need to act now, anything less than two wins in the next 2 games and we'll be adrift with very little chance of catching up.

We need to beat Villa but I doubt we'll be "adrift" if we don't.

Villa have got Man City this weekend. Wolves have got Liverpool away when we're at home to Villa. Everton have got Liverpool then Arsenal. Bournemouth and Forest play each other this weekend.

I can't see us getting anything at Brighton.

The main problem for me is higher up the food chain ..  if your business was worth 5.4billion a few years ago and is now worth 1.5 then dramatic changes are needed ..  unfortunately the man who had the ability to deal with that situation is no longer there.  It’s easy to keep a successful business ticking along but when the sh1t hits the fan you need proper talented leadership ..  if it is guided by bean counters you are up sh1t street ..  

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Big "We want Rodgers out" chants at the end of the game coupled with the massive booing.

We are lucky United didn't batter us because a good team would have. The 10-15 minutes after the goal was incredible to watch. To say the team has no confidence is a  massive undersyatement.

Such a shame to see what he's done to Justin in particular. Taken everything that was once brilliant in his game.

The squad is ready made for an attacking manager to come in and let these lads off the lead. Can't wait to be honest.

The squad is littered with players whose confidence Rodgers has destroyed. 

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I honestly hate his guts now. 

if you asked me 18 months or so ago, I’d say whilst there are signs we are slipping and we need to address a number of problems, he is in the top 5 managers we have had. 

Fast forward 18 months, he hasn’t addressed anything, we constantly do the same things wrong, sleepwalking into relegation. 

I honestly think Puel has a better legacy, he built the bones of the most successful Rodger’s side. Transformed the club in terms of style, can argue if that was good or bad, but at least he made an impact and could change things. Rodgers has ridden on Puel’s coat tails essentially, and then has no idea what to do when it starts to go wrong. We had one of the most exciting young squads in the league when he took over… 

Too true, never liked the abuse Puel got. It would be interesting to know if those most vocal about Puel out are Rodgers in people!

Puel may not have got things going on the pitch although it is no worst than what we have seen for the last year or so. As a person he was an absolute class act compared to Rodgers and as you say, left the club in a stronger position than he found it whereas Rodgers has destroyed everything. 

Next manager needs to be a ‘builder’ in the Pearson/Puel mould. The closest I can recall to Rodgers in terms of manager appointments is Sven. We do not need another Rodgers/Sven.

Rodgers should have been sacked immediately after Man United, but it's a short turnaround for Brighton and I expect him to be in charge for that.

A heavy defeat at the Amex and surely he'll be sacked with a caretaker/interim in charge for Villa, surely you'd think the club are already planning for that scenario but it concerns me that we haven't seen any "Rodgers on the brink" stories from the likes of Percy etc.

Edited by Tuna

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

We need to beat Villa but I doubt we'll be "adrift" if we don't.

Villa have got Man City this weekend. Wolves have got Liverpool away when we're at home to Villa. Everton have got Liverpool then Arsenal. Bournemouth and Forest play each other this weekend.

I can't see us getting anything at Brighton.

It would be 1 point after 7 games and if the trend continued we'd finish the season with 5 points. 

I know football doesn't work like that but this manager and this team cannot get themselves out of a rough spot and all the statistics so far this season show that the only thing this team knows how to do is casually tap the ball between the centre backs.