Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The way he plays the media is sickening. The media and many fans of other clubs are all feeling sorry for him and saying its not his fault. How can people be so blind and not see the real picture, it's incredible. He would actually make a better actor than a football manager as he really does put on a good show in his interviews. Actually makes me sick that he's hanging around waiting to be paid off. Just resign you utter t*at!

• Like 1

5th is a good achievement for us but I wish the media would remember the positions we were in, particularly 19/20 season prior to finishing 5th. Bottle jobs due to Rodgers inability to manage situations once he gets in them.

His tenure has been papered over by 2 really good winning streaks that put us in contention in early part of 2 seasons. FA Cup win was great but 9 times out of 10 we lose that. 

• Like 1

Totally agree that his time is up. He is alienating more players by the week (Castagne being the latest) and his general demeanour is so negative that it is hard to see how he is motivating the dwindling number of players who he has not alienated. 

I am concerned about the quality of manager we might bring in to replace him, though, bearing in mind the level of many of the players we've been targeting in this window. I can see us appointing someone deeply uninspiring to save money and of course because I'm not sure we're going to be attractive to good managers at this time (bottom of the league, financial constraints, an unbalanced squad, lots of players unhappy/wanting out and a fanbase that has expectations based on recent success that are completely out of line with the current reality). 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

The way he plays the media is sickening. The media and many fans of other clubs are all feeling sorry for him and saying its not his fault. How can people be so blind and not see the real picture, it's incredible. He would actually make a better actor than a football manager as he really does put on a good show in his interviews. Actually makes me sick that he's hanging around waiting to be paid off. Just resign you utter t*at!

This will go in our favour massively if a team like Everton or Villa fall for the con and poach him.

Then again no doubt we'd reject the offer and try to squeeze them for every last penny, fail and end up sacking Rodgers and paying him out a week after.

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Too true, never liked the abuse Puel got. It would be interesting to know if those most vocal about Puel out are Rodgers in people!

Puel may not have got things going on the pitch although it is no worst than what we have seen for the last year or so. As a person he was an absolute class act compared to Rodgers and as you say, left the club in a stronger position than he found it whereas Rodgers has destroyed everything. 

Next manager needs to be a ‘builder’ in the Pearson/Puel mould. The closest I can recall to Rodgers in terms of manager appointments is Sven. We do not need another Rodgers/Sven.

They way I see it, Puel built a great squad, and changed the style of play, but at the cost of losing the dressing room. He tried to take power from established players and had to clear out lots of players, which I’m guessing was not popular. Rodgers then waltzes into this squad with that spectre lifted, and does well, until he needs to actually make an impact, and then it all goes tits up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

It would be 1 point after 7 games and if the trend continued we'd finish the season with 5 points. 

I know football doesn't work like that but this manager and this team cannot get themselves out of a rough spot and all the statistics so far this season show that the only thing this team knows how to do is casually tap the ball between the centre backs. 

I don't disagree with you but people just seem to forget other fixtures at taking place. We won't be adrift yet, not while other sides aren't picking up points either and have tough games. I don't even look at the league table this early personally.

Rodgers is more culpable for our style of play and how we approach a game than he is for transfers. This notion that all the players he has signed are rubbish is lunacy. Rodgers hasn't signed any players, the club sign them. It's not the 70's anymore these clubs are massive businesses and they sign the players they want for the fees and wages they agree to. I'm sure Rodgers does have some input but I imagine that input to be what areas need strengthening and this is a list of players we can get which would fit your system best.

If you think Rodgers said I need a CB, I want Vestergaard pay whatever it takes, you're insane.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Think Puel’s recruitment was phenomenal compared to the crap now. 

Was it Macia in charge of that when we had Puel. 

Claude had his legitimate critics but he also laid some good foundations at the club

• Like 2

Just now, LVocey said:

Claude had his legitimate critics but he also laid some good foundations at the club

Yes it was. However, Puel was heavily involved as I understand things. His football was rubbish but the man could put a squad together. 

Just now, Deeg67 said:

The squad is littered with players whose confidence Rodgers has destroyed. 

Possibly but it certainly has a number of players who don't want to be here any longer and haven't for some time. I've not a lot of sympathy for him but the way the club have dealt with this summer's transfer window is nothing short of disgraceful and quite possibly incompetent.

Sadly I'm starting to be reminded of two of our worst periods in the top flight.

1 The terrible season under Frank McLintock where a combination of ageing players and ineffective big signings led to the same type of football we're seeing now. Lethargic, low on confidence, leaderless and ineffective in front of goal. Result relegation with the fewest goals scored in the top flight in a season at the time.

2 The demise under Peter Taylor, again loss of a key player, followed by poor but expensive replacements. Then the debacle of the FA Cup match against Wycombe where we lost to a goal by a guy bought off the internet. For Wycombe read Notts forest last season.  Now we are playing just like McLintock's team.

It is clear we need a change of manager but I'm worried it could be too late now. We needed to shift out more players who want away and bring in some fresh ones that have something to prove and with some quality. We failed on both accounts and now have an obsession with cutting our cloth, probably the right long term strategy, but risking everything in the short term.

There are a lot of big problems at the club right now and the manager is just one of them.

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

We still had half a decent recruitment team at that point. BR and Congers have clearly left it in a worse state than they found it.

Stupid of the board to let BR bring his own man in.