Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I don't think he is that close to being sacked and will probably be given a fair while to try and turn it around, with the amount he earns it would cost a fortune to sack him and the club won't be willing to pull that gun yet

Edited by moore_94

Just now, LCFC hub said:

Serious question, how long does this continue before he is under pressure to lose his job? I know we've been unlucky with injuries and I feel for him but you have to adapt accordingly. This feels more than just a poor start to the season to me. 

I think because of the compo package we'll have to be in a legit relegation battle

• Like 1

I think things have to be absolutely disastrous before we consider getting rid of Rodgers, and we're not quite there yet. However, this ownership have shown that they are willing to make tough decisions. I am concerned though because I'm not sure we can attract many managers that are 'better' than Rodgers, if any. If Rodgers goes, who would we get in? I was happy for us to role the dice when it came to Ranieri because things had gotten so bad that he simply had to go. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

Thanks Brendan for bringing your contemptuous attitude for Europe to our club.

What a great recipe we've got going here. Try to qualify for Europe via playing the most boring football ever to then get dumped out of Europe to concentrate on qualifying for Europe.

Well its boring as **** Brendan, and I actually can't see the point.

• Like 2

We don't play any different. 

Rodgers is obsessed with posession and control. However in attack we are ineffective as we move the ball too slowly. We are too safe in posession and the amount of passes backwards demonstrates a lack of ideas and confidence. 

We need to press more aggressively or defend more passive and counter. 

We have no plan B. 

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I think things have to be absolutely disastrous before we consider getting rid of Rodgers, and we're not quite there yet. However, this ownership have shown that are willing to make tough decisions. I am concerned though because I'm not sure we can attract many managers that are 'better' than Rodgers, if any. If Rodgers goes, who would we get in? I was happy for us to role the dice when it came to Ranieri because things had gotten so bad that he simply had to go. 

Agree.

The risk is we end up with someone worse who might take us down. Then we'll all be saying we wished we'd stuck with BR.

We’re not going to sack Rodgers ffs.

You don’t give up on a successful manager in September. If we’re still playing like this in December questions might be asked but even then with the amount it would cost to terminate his contract it’s a non-starter.

What I would say is that those blaming the Fofana injury on our bad start are absolutely deluding themselves. We had a dreadful pre-season and were pretty rancid for the last 10 games or so of last season, grinding out a couple of big wins in the cup semi and final. Otherwise this is the continuation of a trend that’s been going for at least 6 months.

He wont get the sack unless we are stuck in the relegation zone.

The vibe just seems off at the club. Players look miserable on the pitch and only a handful of players look good.

I think I'm more frustrated than I ever was with Puel, because this squad is better than anything Puel had and they're playing just as bad, if not worse. 

Hope he can turn it around.