Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

To be fair I do worry about our ability as a club to choose a new manager. Our picks have generally been fairly uninspiring, and they seem to have Prem experience as a pre-requisite. However, it's really hard to see anyone doing worse at the moment.

Rodgers is absolutely toxic, nothing about his actions or comments suggest he has intent to lift confidence or remove the negative fugg that surrounds the place. He's making a bad situation worse. Look at 15/16 when we were rooted to the bottom of the table for most of the season - it still didn't feel anywhere near as negative or toxic as it does now. And I know some of that is due to expectations in the respective seasons, but Pearson/Ranieri/Puel all knew the importance of the human side of managing too.

He's just managing his own exit now and making sure he's pushed rather than jumps so he can get his pay out. To say he's not been backed is frankly bollocks the guys had £222m to spend in the time he's been here. The performance last night was poor and tactically we looked all over the shop, he made no attempt to change it or and left any changes too late to make an impact, sadly his times up.

• Like 4

Classic case of him being told we have a long term plan, but what does that mean to short term ‘look at my CV’ Brendan Rodgers? He won’t be here long term so it’s a classic case of him not being able to manage to his best interests. Clash of strategy rarely works. Get him gone. 

30 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Maybe he did suggest him but it's Leicester city's choice to employ him. I'm quite sure the scouting/recruitment team at City is extensive. You are operating on a reality level I can't, if you believe Rodgers signs the players, even via congerton.

It's crazy town stuff. These deals are for tens of millions. The club have to do their due diligence and Rodgers will not be a part of that. 

How we operate on the field of play, he's totally culpable. We do look bereft of most things during games atm.

...we have had a poster who posted Rodgers quote regarding bringing in players!!!

He did say that he has a big say in who comes in and the last word.

5 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

He's just managing his own exit now and making sure he's pushed rather than jumps so he can get his pay out. To say he's not been backed is frankly bollocks the guys had £222m to spend in the time he's been here. The performance last night was poor and tactically we looked all over the shop, he made no attempt to change it or and left any changes too late to make an impact, sadly his times up.

Has he really had that much?

10 minutes ago, Hammo said:

All very true and accurate, but does he actually go so far as to criticise the man responsible for the decline? Or is he another of Rodgers' media buddies?

They are ALL his buddies!

They completely ignore the evidence and are all afraid to break ranks and say "the Emporer has no clothes".

They simply cannot /will not see the obvious truth about the man.

This sort of "reporting" is why intelligent people should doubt EVERYTHING in newspapers - their bias, entrenched position and agenda's isn't limited to Rodgers it's the same in all areas of the media.

He has actually once admitted that he needs to be doing better? Even if you want to blame injuries, bad decisions, the finances, the board, you still tend to see manager say that they must do better themselves at some point.

Not sure he's said that once has he?! After his comments last night he should be out the door. Forgetting he admitted to spending tonnes of cash on back up players. We really need the media pressure to start mounting on him

8 minutes ago, Onions said:

People Laugh because it’s a backwards step. 

We don’t have a big guy up top, imagine punting the ball up to Daka or Vardy to win headers all game, and to assume he can just switch up his style is grasping at thin air. 

We’re awful, no denying it, but the reality is Rodgers is still the best person for the job right now 

Mate, he was basically asking to be sacked last night!! How can a manager who has basically given up be the right man for the job? Do you really think that there is no manager out there that there couldn't get more out of this group of players than what we are currently seeing? 

From the beeb..

Rodgers, a fine manager and coach, did not sugar-coat any pills when outlining the current situation in what some might regard as a high-risk strategy in delivering brutal reality.

Rodgers outlined the reset in ambition at a club that was aiming for the Champions League two seasons ago when he said: "Our objective this season is to get to 40 points."

Has anyone watched us lately?

Get this weasel out of our club!

19 minutes ago, Onions said:

And replaced with who? We don’t have the pulling power to go and grab another big manager from elsewhere right now 

We have the pulling power of a title/cup winning Premier league club.

How much pulling power will we have in the Championship?

Get an interim if needs must but get the Fraud gone ffs.

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Mate, he was basically asking to be sacked last night!! How can a manager who has basically given up be the right man for the job? Do you really think that there is no manager out there that there couldn't get more out of this group of players than what we are currently seeing? 

I’m sure there is, but sacking Rodgers is expensive & then signing another manager (potentially) from another club would also be expensive, and it’s also risky. 

Obviously the debate is regarding relegation, if people genuinely think we are in a relegation battle, (let’s use Potter as an example) then sacking him and appointing Potter is a must, even if it was to cost £30m, but I personally don’t think we’re at that stage.

We’ve played Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and I’ll fully agree none of them are that good, and the performances have been poor, Brentford was an amazing 60 minutes and then dreadful, and Southampton was painful, I’m certainly not going to pretend it’s anything but an awful period, but sacking a manager when the window is closed is poor timing. 

Give him until the Winter break, and if we’ve not turned it around, he’s off, it gives a new manager 6 weeks to work with the players before the next game. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

From the beeb..

Has anyone watched us lately?

Get this weasel out of our club!

I picked that up too, that insidious "off the cuff" type comment designed to leave no doubt that it simply cannot be his fault!

Total Disregard of all the evidence, they just go with the pack!

Just now, Onions said:

I’m sure there is, but sacking Rodgers is expensive & then signing another manager (potentially) from another club would also be expensive, and it’s also risky. 

Obviously the debate is regarding relegation, if people genuinely think we are in a relegation battle, (let’s use Potter as an example) then sacking him and appointing Potter is a must, even if it was to cost £30m, but I personally don’t think we’re at that stage.

We’ve played Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and I’ll fully agree none of them are that good, and the performances have been poor, Brentford was an amazing 60 minutes and then dreadful, and Southampton was painful, I’m certainly not going to pretend it’s anything but an awful period, but sacking a manager when the window is closed is poor timing. 

Give him until the Winter break, and if we’ve not turned it around, he’s off, it gives a new manager 6 weeks to work with the players before the next game. 

Firstly, Brentford was not an 'amazing' 60 minutes. Don't get me wrong, it was a decent performance and we were much the better side for the first hour. The other thing is this, you're referring to games that occurred this season. We've been dreadful for the best part of a year. 

48 minutes ago, taupe said:

No, I don't think that. I'm quite sure the board knew what Rodgers was doing and he was acting with their blessing. But, with all due respect, you have missed my point - so I'll try and be clearer. You suggest a failure of communication, I say it didn't (necessarily) fail. You'd even accept it was working in at least one direction (Rodgers speaking to potential signings and letting the board know about it) I'd suggest to you that the board communicated fully with Rodgers to the best of its (then current) knowledge.

My point was that maybe the board was not aware (or at least not fully aware) of the financial pressures it was facing until later, until after Rodgers had started talking to players. At worst, perhaps the board had an optimism that they'd be able to find a way, to find some means of making signings, but it proved not to be. Somebody somewhere crunched the numbers and had an 'oh shit' moment. The board then communicated that finding to Rodgers, as soons as they'd become aware of it. We heard of it only after Rodgers voiced his disappointment and we naturally assumed a chain of events. I suggest that assumption might be incorrect - the board hid nothing from Rodgers and he was 100% in the picture the whole time (and I imply no fault on anyone - except perhaps the number cruncher for not having done the maths sooner!) 

Cool story with little to no foundation. Basically it’s all the fault of the person with the calculator then?

You could be right of course. At this stage we are all just speculating. In the end it matters not one bit. We are in the pickle we are in and instead of being a man about it, rolling up his sleeves and getting on with things, Bodge has decided to spit his dummy. 

4 minutes ago, Onions said:

But he doesn't want to turn it around. In fact, if we started winning, he's left in a horrible situation where he is stuck here for even longer. Why continue to employ someone who hates the club, the players in it, and the staff around him. Waiting another 6 weeks achieves nothing.