Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I hate how he always has some narrative cover, for once I want him to be totally and unequivocally exposed. The lack of signings has no bearing on the 11 we put out on the pitch - we're looking like Norwich with a team that were top 4 contenders 2 years ago.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

And why does he keep banging on about be able to compete?! This team should be able to compete with everyone in the league, and frankly have too much quality for a number of those teams even if we don't play well (Brentford, Southampton games for example). The only thing that's changed this year is that the squad is weaker and we won't be able to beat the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Man United if we're both at our best, whereas we could have done the last few years. 

Not his fault he hasn't been able to improve the squad this summer, but it is his fault he wasn't able to do that last summer and that there are still the same gaps in this team that there have been for a number of years.

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

It’s his inability to own up to his failings that grates me about this bloke.

He and his mate congerton signed the dross he’s wanting to get rid of. He had been backed financially, it’s just our owners have quite rightly said you need to get rid of those who aren’t part of the plans.

His attitude in the press is reverberating onto the pitch, how would you like to go into work every day and hear your manager mouthing off about how you’re not up to standards?

He is the reason we are bottom. He is not the man to turn it around. He’s a careerist looking for his next move and to be absolved of all blame.

We have a decent squad, not top half standard anymore but certainly not relegation standard.

Get him gone.

Midtable fodder at worst. Bottom of the league is unforgivable 

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

It’s his inability to own up to his failings that grates me most about this bloke.

He and his mate congerton signed the dross he’s wanting to get rid of. He had been backed financially, it’s just our owners have quite rightly said you need to get rid of those who aren’t part of the plans.

His attitude in the press is reverberating onto the pitch, how would you like to go into work every day and hear your manager mouthing off about how you’re not up to standards?

He is the reason we are bottom. He is not the man to turn it around. He’s a careerist looking for his next move and to be absolved of all blame.

We have a decent squad, not top half standard anymore but certainly not relegation standard.

Get him gone.

Great post. Think the players are starting to demonstrate this in particular. Evans publicly disagreeing, Youri posting on social media, that pic of Vardy. You can’t be happy if you’re KDH, JJ or Cags given the recent targeted comments about them in the media. Brendan went up to JJ at the end to do his little cuddle act and JJ looked bemused. 

It’s time to go!

• Like 1

I don't want any player here who doesn't want to be and that's a sentiment shared by most - if not all - fans and personally I'd extend that to the manager. If he's not up for it, I'll happily swap him out for another who is. His comments after last night sound like he's packed it in. Talk of a 40 point objective this season is hardly inspiration for an FA Cup winning squad. 

1 minute ago, LiliansLeftPeg said:

I don't want any player here who doesn't want to be and that's a sentiment shared by most - if not all - fans and personally I'd extend that to the manager. If he's not up for it, I'll happily swap him out for another who is. His comments after last night sound like he's packed it in. Talk of a 40 point objective this season is hardly inspiration for an FA Cup winning squad. 

he is on his way and he knows it - he is just making it clear that none of this is down to him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have had a poster who posted Rodgers quote regarding bringing in players!!!

He did say that he has a big say in who comes in and the last word.

I quite sure Rodgers has an input, he's the manager. He certainly won't have the last word, unless it's his cash. The buck stops with the person who writes the cheques and sanctions the deals. That is clearly not Rodgers, no matter what someone posted. Use your loaf.

There are people who post the world is flat and men can get pregnant. If you've had a chat with Top and he said Rodgers has the last say on transfer deals fair enough, anything else I'm not buying it.

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Basically it’s all the fault of the person with the calculator then? You could be right of course. At this stage we are all just speculating. In the end it matters not one bit. We are in the pickle we are in and instead of being a man about it, rolling up his sleeves and getting on with things, Bodge has decided to spit his dummy. 

Agreed. As I said, I imply no fault - I don't think it helps us to deal in terms of fault really. That's an internal matter, if needs be - and I've NO idea. I make no bones about it, I AM speculating. I just wanted to offer an alternative to a story that's becoming perhaps a little too accepted. 

Where I would disagree is with Rodgers having spat the dummy. He's had his little moan, sure. He's made his point, one to which he'll no doubt come back to, but I do think he is rolling up his sleeves and getting on with it. At least, as I've said, I am cutting him some slack for now to see what he does - I am giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. The 'no new signings' situation (whatever the reason for it) is not one entirely of his making. He has little choice but to get on with it. I think we saw signs of that against ManU - the approach was positive and enthusiastic. I think Rodgers was working with that he'd got. Question is - will it be enough? Both in terms of what he has to work with, and his ability (or whatever you want to call it) to create something fresh from what he has.

Personally, I have my doubts but we'll see soon enough.

• Like 1

Just now, FLINTHAMFC said:

I quite sure Rodgers has an input, he's the manager. He certainly won't have the last word, unless it's his cash. The buck stops with the person who writes the cheques and sanctions the deals. That is clearly not Rodgers, no matter what someone posted. Use your loaf.

There are people who post the world is flat and men can get pregnant. If you've had a chat with Top and he said Rodgers has the last say on transfer deals fair enough, anything else I'm not buying it.

He said himself that he had convinced a number of players to come over the summer. That doesn’t sound like a guy not deeply involved with player transfers. Either that or he was being economical with the truth. 

1 minute ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

...why do you seek to go personal regarding this!!!

Rodger has said he is heavily involved in acquisitions,  he stated he had the last word. Why do you think Rudkin, because he writes the cheques would have the last word regarding the suitability of a player to play a certain role, he knows little about these matters and it would be suicide if we chose to allow him to do so.

You may be angry about the situation but if you cannot debate an issue with acting childishly then you should be spending your time on other pursuits.

13 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The club, if they had a modicum of sense, will always have a managers payoff budgeted for in case the worst happens. It's time to dip into that money.

The man has become toxic for the football club. He is the one spreading resentful, negative, barbed comments in the press every single interview. There is zero genuine positivity or attempt to turn the situation into any kind of siege mentality. Just endless moaning and whingeing that he hasn't been backed.

However, of course, he has been backed. He has been backed more than any manager in our entire history. We basically gave him the keys to the club when we gave him £10M a year and allowed him to bring in his own HoR and medical staff. We've allowed him to sign around 15 players since he's been here and don't forget that: "I have the first say on the player, the last say and a little bit in between. The club will never bring in a player that I wouldn't want here." He was backed last summer with an outlay of well over £50M with no players of note. This is the team that Brendan built.

That team is now, apparently, not good enough. His spent the last year bemoaning the lack of quality in depth and the fact that some players time here has maybe come to an end. The signings over the last couple of years were meant to freshen things up, but a combination of poor recruitment and Rodgers inability to integrate new players into a team has meant that our first choice XI isn't that different to the one that existed when he arrived.

Then there is the tactical side, which is perfectly summed up by JJ Bulls video today. Too slow playing from the back, too many touches, total lack of off the ball movement, total lack of a plan B, lack of aggression etc etc etc. A lot of those issues have been there the entire time that Rodgers has been here, but they have grown in prominence since December 2019 to the point that we are at at now where they are crippling us. Things aren't changing. Things won't change. He won't change. Therefore he needs changing, before it's too late.

I’m getting more concerned by the minute.

10 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

I think it’s you that’s the flat-earther in this conv…

"I have the first say on the player, the last say and a little bit inbetween. The club will never bring in a player that I wouldn't want here." 

With Rodgers gone, there'll be a good number of fresh 'signings' in the squad. All those proven capable players who've been demovtivated, discarded and alienated by Rodgers will want to grab the opportunity to make a fresh start under a new manager. Get him gone. 

I don't care what the media says about Rodgers anyway, it just interests me how he has them in his pocket. There must be reasons for this that we will find out one day.

When we sack him, there will be all the usual media backlash. But the media did the same with Nuno at Spurs and many other managers that have been sacked. They quickly forget, and if the new manager turns it around the media quickly forget.

All i ask for, is that we stop playing Rodgers ball. Best way to do that is remove him.

I know players in games can get frustrated in natural heat of the moment emotions.

But some stuff yesterday seemed to go beyond that. Tielemans and Maddison were constantly frustrated at not getting the ball. Barnes seemed to have his confidence knocked when he was unsuccessful taking on Dalot. Evans was looking disconsolate. 

I don't think the players have faith in him any more.

• Like 1