Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I think the fact that he basically refuses to make any or few substitutions in the game even when it is clear we need some is 

1 because he doesn't trust any of the players on the bench to do anything

2 he doesn't know any longer how to change things

3 he's trying to make some kind of point in regard to the squad

4 Or he's just basically given up and is going through the motions

5 A combination of all these.

43 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Can only think maybe theyre waiting to give a new manager Villa at home?? highly unlikely though. 

It’s like the board want the stadium and atmosphere to turn toxic before they actually do something.

Despite it appearing on here pretty much a unanimous opinion that he needs to go, inside the stadium on a whole the fanbase is being very patient with the situation. 

I was disappointed in the fanbase of how little grumbling there were last night - some people reported they heard people chanting “We want Rodgers out” and there were loud boos, I heard muffled boos but on a how it was a very apathetic reaction.

I know this has been said before but how can he be so surprised the club haven't given him any money to spend when we have recruited players like Vestergaard, Bertrand, perez etc eating up a wage budget. I think the clubs priority is getting the new recruitment guy in who seems to come with a good reputation and work from there. I don't think the club wanted to risk Rodgers having the say on incomings to be in a position where we have deadwood again next season that nobody wants.

Just now, Matt said:

It’s like the board want the stadium and atmosphere to turn toxic before they actually do something.

Despite it appearing on here pretty much a unanimous opinion that he needs to go, inside the stadium on a whole the fanbase is being very patient with the situation. 

I was disappointed in the fanbase of how little grumbling there were last night - some people reported they heard people chanting “We want Rodgers out” and there were loud boos, I heard muffled boos but on a how it was a very apathetic reaction.

I didn’t even bother going yesterday, and I had half a day at work in London and drove back home to Leicestershire.

Seemed a quite a lot of empty seats at home when watching the game on tv.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I didn’t even bother going yesterday, and I had half a day at work in London and drove back home to Leicestershire.

Seemed a quite a lot of empty seats at home when watching the game on tv.

Fans not turning up is a far better way of showing the board how you feel than booing etc. Especially if the empty seats are the ones that would be on public sale. Thousands of tickets not bought each week would soon focus the board and owner.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

The years and years of horrid football (broken up by 2 good 3 month spells) has taken its toll. Its a chore to everyone now and most people do go down out of habit and not out of enjoyment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

This aged fantastically.

The negative rhetoric isn't being set by me. It's being set by Rodgers who continually takes swipes at the club - which I alluded to with my pre-game post and which were borne out by the post-match interviews. For the chairman to have to reassure the supporters of the direction of the club BECAUSE of the manager continually agitating is the negative rhetoric. Not me.

And he's at it again, despite the chairman being explicit about why we aren't signing players. And this from a man who was using the weird metaphor of 'not going to war' with them. 

ffs - Top himself said we were looking to get players in earlier in the Summer   

This type of false rhetoric is what I was referring too

We all want him gone now, but the blame is shared imho

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He said himself that he had convinced a number of players to come over the summer. That doesn’t sound like a guy not deeply involved with player transfers. Either that or he was being economical with the truth. 

That's not him having the last say either. Like I said he has some input and some players will want to come here because if him. That's not him buying the players or sanctioning deals.